Ordering from USA to Munich...taxes?

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am looking some websites in USA which sells valuable things (Rings/diamonds) worldwide. Here my question: if an order is submitted (less than 1000 euro including shipping with UPS courier) what are the extra taxes to pay once the package arrive?

Thank you!

When it arrives, the Zoll will take control over the package and send you a note.  You will pay 19% MwSt, which include the cost of the item and the cost of posting.  You will need all sales documents, receipts, etc. for the Zoll.  The USA and the item is immaterial.  Anything sent from outside the EU is handled such.

10 hours ago, PandaMunich said:

... plus 2.5% to 4% customs fee, since it's gold jewellery

Thank you Panda!  Seems I forgot that... ;)

On 12/19/2019, 7:23:55, BayrischDude said:

When it arrives, the Zoll will take control over the package and send you a note.  You will pay 19% MwSt, which include the cost of the item and the cost of posting.  You will need all sales documents, receipts, etc. for the Zoll. 

BTW, the Zoll personnel is usually quite rude and you waste some time there.

In the past UPS would handle all customs charges etc. from USA to Germany, for a fee payable on delivery of the shipment.. Not sure if that service is still available but it is/was very convenient.

If someone sends me for example 2 pair of Levis jeans from the US for a birthday gift, does the person have to send the receipt with it?

If both jeans were for example 60 dollars, how much would I have to pay on top of that to customs? I looked at the list, but cannot figure it out. :D

Tell them to take all the tags off and wash and dry them before sending. Then they can put used jeans on the declaration and something like $40 value. I read today that Walmart is selling Levis for $20 currently.