notice period in case of company insolvency

5 posts in this topic

Hello, 

This is my first post so hopefully I can myself clear.

I'm currently working within an unlimited contract in a company with a notice period of 3 months. Last week the company owners informed us that the company is insolvent and they have started the bankrupt processes and that we will be paid for the month of December and January  by the government according to the insolvency law , but there is a a low chance to save the company so it continue existing after February so all job contracts are kept the same.

My question is, since it's not sure that I will get payed in February, is it possible to leave the company before the notice period taking into consideration the insolvency of the company ? or I have to respect the 3 month of notice even if the company has declared being insolvent ? 

Do you have another job to go to right now?

Just be aware that if you resign you won't get any unemployment money for 3 months.

Sarah, why does your profile state you are German and male? Shouldn't you be talking to the Arbeitsamt about this? Why post on an English language expat forum?

If you have got another offer with a start date earlier than three months talk to your HR or boss. Usually a company meaning well will let you go earlier if you ask for it. Here in this case they might even be relieved since there is one person less to be paid making cash flow easier and helping towards possible survival.