Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Deutsch Prüfung

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I gave an exam Tech Zertifikat Detusch B1 in november but unforunately the written was not cleared with 8 points difference. I cleared speaking with 90% though. Now my question is am thinking to take the exam B1 again in the coming months. But many said DTZ A2.B1 exam is easy when compared to Telc B1. I am now confused which exam should i give again? This certificate is important for me. Also if i take an Vorbereitung kurs would i clear the Telc B1. any suggestions please. 

If I understand it correctly then you only failed with 8 points in one of the four sections.  So you have very nearly done it.  

The DTZ A2.B1 exam maybe be easier because if you fail at B1 then you get the A2 certificate, but if you need the B1 level then this is not actually any help.  Plus, every exam is different so then you would need to learn the specifics of a new exam type when you have already learnt it for one.

Think of it as a challenge.  Yes you failed this time.  But if you study and work hard for a few more weeks then you will get a great feeling of satisfaction and joy when you pass!

Also, I assume you are aware that you can just retake part of the exam?  If you passed the oral then you can just retake the reading, writing, listening part again.  So this will be quicker, easier and cheaper than having to do the whole thing again.

To help you can also look at this post, with lots of tips:

https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/188953-deutsch-b1-experiences/

I always suggest people to use this book which I used for the Telc B1 (other books for other exams are available).

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/3060210233/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not in one of the four sections. I got 127 out of 135 in the written exam.  I felt really tough in the reading part. and i know there i lost. 

Yes as i have given the exam in november, i can re-take exam only this year for the written right? this year already done and there are no more exams in any of the centres. So the next possible dates in February. am aiming in February. I also bought Telc B1 book and practiced it. but i still lost with 8 points :(

The Telc B1 exam is structured as follows:

Section 1:  Schriftliche Pruefung 

This section is worth a total of 225 points.

You must get at least 60% on this section to pass the whole exam.

Part 1:  Leserverstehen

This part is worth 75 points.

The are three sub parts to this.

Part 2:  Sprachbausteine

This part is worth 30 points.

There are two sub parts to this.

Part 3:  Hoerverstehen

This part is worth 75 points

Part 4:  Schriftlicher Ausdruck

This part is worth 45 points.

Section 2:  Muendliche Pruefung

This section is worth 75 points.

You must get at least 60% in this section to pass the whole exam.

So do you mean that you failed section 1 Schriftliche Pruefung ?

And that you passed section 2?

If so, then according to Telc T&Cs for the B1 level ( https://www.telc.net/fileadmin/user_upload/Informationsmaterial/general_terms_and_conditions_and_exam_regulations.pdf ) then you should be able to retake section 1 up to the end of the following calendar year after your exam.  So this means up to the end of 2020 if you took the exam in November 2019.

Just a quick question, Each section 60% we must score ( for ex: Hoerverstehen 60%, Leserverstehen 60%) ? or orverall schrifliche prüfung 60% ?. As said i got 127/135 points in section 1. as Leseverstehen is tough, there i missed the points.  so i will try to take only written part in February. Hope i clear B1 this time. I will practice the same Telc book again by revising the grammar.

Any other books you suggest?

Section 1 consists of 4 sub-parts (as above).

The whole of section 1 must score a minimum of 60%. 

The total points in section 1 is 225.  60% of this is the 135 value you quote.

This book is enough to help you pass the exam.  But remember that you can't learn a language just from books, you need a tutor!  If for example you make a mistake in learning early on then you can keep repeating this mistake forever without ever being corrected.  Whereas a tutor will spot this and correct you.

So make sure you have some interaction.  If possible, pay for a private tutor once per week in the 6-8 weeks before your exam.  

I found (and still find) writing difficult.  As although a sentence you write might be structured correctly, and grammatically correct, it can still give the wrong meaning to a sentence in German when compared to another language.  And getting the structure and grammar correct is already difficult enough in German!

Take for example "I am warm".  I think every English (native) speaker makes the mistake early on by saying "Ich bin warm" when you of course should say "Mir ist warm".  But I have never seen this explained in a book! (It might be, but I haven't seen it).  Only a tutor can spot this mistake and correct you.

Another tip.

Check out Youtube.   Search for Telc B1 and you can find lots of input there on specifics for the test.  Or you can search for topics which you know/suspect might be weakpoints.