Suspected insurance fraud.

11 posts in this topic

Hello folks,

I am looking for opinions.. Apologies for the long text.. 
Last December I switched to private health insurance, unaware that as a diabetic I wasn't eligible (exact details on an another thread). The Vermittlerin asked me to sign the forms and then sent them to the insurance company after herself answering no to all the health questions. Had the insurance found out, I would have had a whole world of problems(cancelation of insurance effective backwards and no return of premiums then being fined by the government for being uninsured then only being eligible for some "Basistarif"). I was lucky to have not yet claimed any refunds for medication related expenses and only by chance when comparing plans online, came into contact with another insurance agent. He made me aware of "Vorvertragliche Anzeigepflichtverletzung" and helped me build a case against the fraudulent lady (for a hefty consultation fee) and at the same time to come back to public insurance.
During this I wanted to double check other policies she worked on for me and requested copies of our riester applications only to discover that the signatures on the forms were neither mine nor my wifes. A lawyer was already involved. You may ask, why did not immediately report the forgeries to the authorities. Basically I first wanted my money back. Not reporting it to the authorities would be some incentive for her to pay up. After a lot of writing letters back and forth, the Vermittlerin signed a Vergleichsvereinbarung where she agreed to pay back for my damages. This was the consultation fees for the Honorarberatung regarding private insurance, as well as the difference amount after canceling Riester. She paid in full. 
Now the company that acted as Vermittler for the Riester has written to us saying we owe them exorbitant fees as Vermittlungsgebühr and Abschlusskosten. I am pretty sure I can prove that neither my wife nor I signed any of the Riester forms that the bank sent us upon my request. Also back last December when I asked the Vermittlerin if she could send me a copy of the Beratungsprotokoll ( knowing there wasn't one. Her consultation in this matter was writing on a paper what my maximal Betrag would be and how much the government would add to it and how much of that would come back as a tax refund.) When I asked her if I have to pay any commissions or how she would make any money from this, I vividly remember her response that she got commissions from the company selling the product. At the time I was unaware of anything regarding GewO or VVG.
The company now asking for payment of commissions seems to be all over the internet. There are numerous portals advising people to seek legal advice regarding these contracts. The MO seems to be quite often the same. Either through lack of or incomplete information they sell various products like investing in gold or other Edelmetallsparverträge or Riester. Unbeknownst to the customer, for the foreseeable future the money is not going to their retirement, rather to the pockets of the middleman as commissions.
I think at this point I would very much like to put in an Anzeige. I want to directly write to the Staatsanwaltschaft as soon as we are back from visiting the wife's family.. 
I have no claims for damages any longer and I will most likely be ignoring the request from the insurance company or reply to them along the lines of "those are not my signatures, I have already reported the matter to the authorities, have a nice day".
Any thoughts or helpful suggestions? Thanks for reading this far.. 

8 minutes ago, generalmartok said:

Hello folks,

I am looking for opinions.. Apologies for the long text.. 

You don't need opinions.  You need facts. @john g. and @Starshollow may be able to guide you.

It is a sad truth that the consumer protection in Germany is still on the level you would expect from a third world country rather than a leading OECD country (and I  am probably insulting a large number of so-called 3rd world countries in this comparison, too).

I am glad you got out of the health insurance issue, which was already a really criminal act on behalf of the salesperson, and the RIESTER plan.  Without having seen any of the letters you have received claiming now commissions or something from you, I am fairly certain that they have no leg to stand on, legally speaking.  Particularly since the woman who sold you this basically admitted to her fraudulent behaviour with the acceptance to pay back your damages.

What I would suggest unless you'd be willing to involve the Honorarberater once more again and front his fees in order to reclaim them later from the culprits, is that you take these letters to the next/closest Verbraucherzentrale. they can offer you advice and even write back to those crooks on your behalf for a very small fee..and have an inherent interest to do so.

If you like, you can PM me your contact info and I'll give you mine so that you can send me copies of the letters you have received to give it a glance.

Cheerio

I would like to post an update in case anyone is interested.

After much consideration, I decided to go to the police to make a report primarily against the faked signatures. The Polizeiobermeister who was assigned as the case worker was professional and very helpful. He made the report in detail and asked me questions as an when required. He gave me his contact info in case I have questions. He also told me that the claim of this Multi Invest mbH is baseless and to not pay them any money. I wasn't going to anyway. At least now, I was able to reply to them and point them in the direction of the Polizeiinspektion, providing them the case number.

Interestingly, the ladys name has popped up before. He said there have been investigations as back as 2016. Also the same names of firms come up. This is going to be interesting.

@generalmartok I just googled that company name and betrug and got A LOT of hits. Good on you for sticking to your guns.

5 hours ago, generalmartok said:

I would like to post an update in case anyone is interested.

After much consideration, I decided to go to the police to make a report primarily against the faked signatures. The Polizeiobermeister who was assigned as the case worker was professional and very helpful. He made the report in detail and asked me questions as an when required. He gave me his contact info in case I have questions. He also told me that the claim of this Multi Invest mbH is baseless and to not pay them any money. I wasn't going to anyway. At least now, I was able to reply to them and point them in the direction of the Polizeiinspektion, providing them the case number.

Interestingly, the ladys name has popped up before. He said there have been investigations as back as 2016. Also the same names of firms come up. This is going to be interesting.

Congratulations on your stubbornness! My vote of the day for the most, erm, stubborn...and informative post of the day! Good on you!!