Wage Garnishment

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a question regarding receiving salary while your account is seized due to unpaid debts.

 

last week my account was frozen due to unpaid debts, which I have been attempting to work out an installment plan for (€2300). I had already paid about €800 until I was involved in a bicycle crash, and had no liability insurance, as you can imagine the costs regarding lawyers, financial settlement and court fees added up and I, on essentially minimum wage, could not afford to keep up with the payments, the company then had my account seized and has refused to answer any correspondences.

 

I have a debt counseling appointment in January but my question finally is this. I also in addition to the frozen account have a Revolut Banking account, which is untouched by the freeze. If I was to ask my employer to pay my salary into this account, is it likely it would arrive? Or would my creditors know a salary was being paid to me and already have it seized aka have they just frozen that one account initially or is it likely they are waiting to take my wages from the source before it ever gets to my alternative account. 
 

i have a number of months left in paying off the court fees and fine, and would be in serious trouble if I missed payments due to my wages never arriving due to garnishment.

 

thanks and sorry for the rambling post!

 

(I’m aware of the Sparkasse P Konto Option, however I will be returning home to my country for the Christmas holidays and would not be able to withdraw funds as I will not have received a card yet)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cdaniels said:

... had no liability insurance...

Oh dear. Do you have it now?

 

Do you suppose it would go unnoticed if your salary ceased to be paid to your present seized account? What money would your creditors then be paid with? Do you think the creditors will not notice if the debt payments stop because no salary is going into your seized account?

 

You say yourself you will be in serious trouble if the payments are not made... so is having your salary paid to Revolut a good idea? Why go down that path?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, optimista said:

Do you suppose it would go unnoticed if your salary ceased to be paid to your present seized account? What money would your creditors then be paid with? Do you think the creditors will not notice if the debt payments stop because no salary is going into your seized account?

 

No, it would not go unnoticed and that is NOT good advice.

 

1 hour ago, Cdaniels said:

If I was to ask my employer to pay my salary into this account, is it likely it would arrive?

 

Maybe this month.

 

1 hour ago, Cdaniels said:

Or would my creditors know a salary was being paid to me and already have it seized aka have they just frozen that one account initially or is it likely they are waiting to take my wages from the source before it ever gets to my alternative account. 

 

It is likely that your creditors would then have your wages garnished directly at source. Will having your wages garnished at source cause problems with your employer?

 

1 hour ago, Cdaniels said:

(I’m aware of the Sparkasse P Konto Option, however I will be returning home to my country for the Christmas holidays and would not be able to withdraw funds as I will not have received a card yet)

 

Have you already changed to a P Konto? You could withdraw funds at your branch. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, optimista said:

Oh dear. Do you have it now?

 

Do you suppose it would go unnoticed if your salary ceased to be paid to your present seized account? What money would your creditors then be paid with? Do you think the creditors will not notice if the debt payments stop because no salary is going into your seized account?

 

You say yourself you will be in serious trouble if the payments are not made... so is having your salary paid to Revolut a good idea? Why go down that path?

 

Yes I purchased it the next day, a silly mistake to not have bought it and one I won’t be making again. 
 

I understand they would notice, and have been attempting to contact them and get a discussion going around installment payments for a number of weeks but they are not engaging! So I just need this salary payment in order to buy myself another month in which to hopefully be able to work something out with them 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, engelchen said:

 

No, it would not go unnoticed and that is NOT good advice.

 

 

Maybe this month.

 

 

It is likely that your creditors would then have your wages garnished directly at source. Will having your wages garnished at source cause problems with your employer?

 

 

Have you already changed to a P Konto? You could withdraw funds at your branch. 


I would of course rather my employer not be aware of my struggling with debts. I’ve now been told that they can only take salary payments from after a certain amount of salary, roughly €1040 which you would keep and any funds beyond that would be paid to creditors. But as I do not have a P Konto yet I’m not sure how that plays into it.

 

All in all I’m hoping to receive this salary this month, hence the move to change accounts as it is imperative I make the court ordered payments, or a much more serious will arise. And then hopefully they will decide to respond to me and work out an installment plan. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

16 minutes ago, Cdaniels said:

But as I do not have a P Konto yet I’m not sure how that plays into it.

 

Why don't you have a PKonto yet?

 

Although your account is already frozen, the bank is not allowed to pay your creditors immediately. You have a small window (I don't remember how long) to convert your account to a PKonto before the bank forwards funds to your creditors. 

 

If you google Pfändungstabelle you can determine how much you'd be allowed to keep each month depending on your net income.

 

Convert your account ASAP (go to your bank tommorow).

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now