Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Verification of authenticity of documents - German consulate Mumbai.

4 posts in this topic

Dear all, I am living in Germany since 2015 and currently working in Hamburg with a EU Blue card. I recently got married and my wife has applied for Family reunion visa through the German consulate in Mumbai. They have asked Rs. 45000 in order to carry out the verification of the  Documents for its authenticity.

i would like to know if anyone has undergone through such a process and if yes, could you kindly share your experience as to how the process was carried out.

thanks in advance. 
kind regards.

Raj. 

As Germany regards India as a country with an unreliable documentary system, the procedure is standard. The embassy and consulates rely on the professional help of trusted lawyers or licensed investigative agencies. The final evaluation and opinion of the inspection is then given by the embassy or consulate. 

Although this leaflet (in German) is primarily intended for the examination of Indian documents in administrative assistance for authorities in Germany, it describes the reasons, procedures and costs: https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/blob/2006190/b9a56c537c3b19a82520e546bea478da/merkblatt-indiennewdelhi-data.pdf

2 hours ago, Roxxraj said:

Dear all, I am living in Germany since 2015 and currently working in Hamburg with a EU Blue card. I recently got married and my wife has applied for Family reunion visa through the German consulate in Mumbai. They have asked Rs. 45000 in order to carry out the verification of the  Documents for its authenticity.

i would like to know if anyone has undergone through such a process and if yes, could you kindly share your experience as to how the process was carried out.

thanks in advance. 
kind regards.

Raj. 

If the documents and facts are correct, you dont have to worry. Someone from the embassy would visit your home or her home, talk to the family, check and verify the marriage with photos, asking neighbours etc and send this report back to the embassy.

That's it. And the fees is standard and non refundable.

11 hours ago, Roxxraj said:

thanks in advance. 
kind regards.

Raj. 

Yes, it is a standard procedure. They employ some advocates for this purpose.

I have heard the experience of some others , where after going through this verification  and their spouses were already in Germany, they were advices by the einwohnermeldeamt to do the same thing for their marriage certificate at same cost but in euros

Many complied, but one of them secured an email from the German embassy who issued the temporary visa for the spouse, that they did this procedure already. And that worked. 

May be this info might save you from redundant work and expenditure

Good luck