Which part of nebenkosten are tax deductible?

6 posts in this topic

As a tenant, in the yearly Abrechnung I'm supposed to get a summary of costs which are tax deductible.

source:  https://liveworkgermany.com/renting-in-germany-dont-get-ripped-off-with-annual-service-charges

"A summary of costs which are deductible against income tax law §35a. This is a really important part of your Abrechnung and many tenants don’t know that this is actually tax deductible. Without going into too much detail, this summarises any manual labour incurred by the property management company (common examples are gardening and janitorial services). These can be deducted on your tax return at 20% of the total costs incurred."

I did receive the Abrechnung with Nebenkosten broke down to many different costs. How do I know which one of them is tax deductible?

In example we have a garden and in the Abrechnung a Gartenpflege costs position (150€/year) is listed there. What else can be deducted?

We also pay for Hauswart, Ungezieferbekämpfung (insect control), Gebäudereinigung, Winterdienst, Versicherung and many others but they don't sound like it's something deductible as it does not imply manual labor.

Turns out Wiso Steuer already suggests some positions :) I can deduct at least three of them:  Gartenpflege, Hauswart, Gebäudereinigung.

nebenkosten.jpg

Hi,

how this costs should be declared in the tax claim when the rent contract involve both the persons are living in the apartment (me and my girlfriend) ? we pay rent and nebenkonsten in a 2:1 ratio (me 2, she 1).

Or can i  declare all this expenses just in my tax claim, in order to leverage the fact that i reached the 43% "layer" of taxation ? In this way I should have back more money compared to the case where she submit the same nebenkosten sum.

Just received my Betriebs- und Heizkostenabrechnung for 2019 - could someone please tell me which of these costs I can deduct from my taxes? I've bolded the ones that I'm assuming I can deduct but not sure about the other ones. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Grundsteuer
Niederschlagswasser
Strassenreinigung
Müllabfuhr
Recycling
Hausreinigung
Schnee- und. Eisbeseitigung
Gartenpflege
Hauswart

Hausbelechtung
Kabelfernsehen
Versicherung
Sonst. Betribskoten

Hello, anyone here deducts Nebenkosten in tax declaration? No one replied 3 years ago, maybe this time I'll be more lucky ;)

I would like to deduct: Gartenpflege, Hauswart, Gebäudereinigung. Can I do it? Should I add more to the list? It's a rented flat.

Disclaimer: I am not a tax advisor and this is not professional tax advice.

My understanding is that you can claim back a portion (I think the Elster program calculates the exact % by itself) of what you paid as nebenkosten associated to manual labor only.  In other words, no parts, no fuel or mileage fee, no VAT, etc.  You need to receive from your landlord copies of the paid invoices that he charged to you as nebenkosten, and then you can only claim for deduction the amounts related to manual work done by a professional.