Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

blitzed in a right hand drive car?

9 posts in this topic

My Friend was driving my car ( right hand drive) we got blitzed at  a point speed. This should be interesting. I do not want to take points for him ( back in the UK ) Still waiting for the photo... 

Once you get the ticket you have the option to report you were not the driver and provide the details of who was

Doesn't matter whether it is LHD or RHD, they'll still recognise who the driver is. They'll check the registration for the legal owner and I believe that there is an agreement throughout Europe to pass speeding fines on to the relevent country. My wife had the same in our RHD car with me as the passenger.

Yup, I was blitzed in our old RHD car with a giant stuffed gorilla in the passenger seat, and somehow I got the ticket and not him :lol:

Reminds me of a story I read.

A couple were driving their RHD UK car in France.  The husband who was driving had put the wheel down quite low and drove with his hands on the bottom of the wheel.  

As they were approaching their destination, the wife who was in the front passenger seat took out her make-up, pulled down the vanity mirror and started to reapply it.

Drivers coming in the opposite direction didn't notice it was a UK car and were flashing their lights, shouting and screaming at the woman who they had false assumed was driving!

My wife gets a bit pee'd sometimes because I like to  put my feet on the dash or have a big stretch when she's driving. Of course people behind or overtaking on the Autobahn have a bit of a shock. We registered our car here when we came so it has German plates.

17 hours ago, Simpsond said:

My Friend was driving my car ( right hand drive) we got blitzed at  a point speed. This should be interesting. I do not want to take points for him ( back in the UK ) Still waiting for the photo... 

You nominate him as the driver and give his address they will send him a form to sign confessing the offence. The important part is he returns the form. As long as the photos match you will be OK. He will not get any points on his UK licence from experience. Worth while getting a German licence yourself in case of Brexit Although you will then get German points, they have tons more speed cameras in the UK than Germany. German fines are so low in comparison its like a Black Friday sale when you get blitzed.