Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A plea for more civility

56 posts in this topic

Yes, mum's the word! :D

But seriously, I agree. Maybe we can turn things around *without* pointing fingers. One can hope.

6 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

And in other news... Trump is still orange.. Brexit hasn't happened and epstein still didn't kill himself.. 

Are you sure?  UncleJ twittering opposing stuff, and that storm has actually arrived  like, there and now.  Is it windy perhaps in Holzkirchen?

I am happy to be polite tonight!:D

I like Boggsdollocks´s  thread!

I sincerely hope it won´t go downhill...

I mean, when it boils down to it, we all love each other really...and without the gang of forty or so regulars, we wouldn´t exist as an online community.

So let´s give it a roll!

It is OUR community.

2 minutes ago, john g. said:

So let´s give it a roll!

It is OUR community.

Yes. Yes, it is.

2 hours ago, fraufruit said:

First challenge, don't mention a certain person on this thread. 

Double dog dare.

Who is that?

:D

Oh, get off here! The dog threads are elsewhere!

:lol:

I love you, fraufruit! ( Truly! )

( Just in case I am accused of being a misogynist, I also love..erm, what´s-his-name? That geezer who started this thread...)

3 minutes ago, Metall said:

John! No! Sit!! :D

(I'll take my coat...)

Americans are strange! We  ( nearly ) former European citizens say: " I´ll get my coat."

Strange people...

By the way, the civil people on here may know I have taken to choosing my post of the day..I will break my new unenforceable rule of the day..this is the THREAD of the day..and the winner is ...ALL OF US!

..have to leave the polite thread for a while...have to Skype with an impolite American right now!  Will come back as soon as I can and hope the thread still exists!

:o

Client has forgotten me. Maybe he´ll ping through..sigh..meanwhile, to the obituary thread. I am sad at the death of a great cricketer..

The other clown, Spider`? Jeez, man. Are you another control freak on here? I will post when I want. Who are you to tell me when to post on here?

You are on the wrong thread... this is the civil thread.

What I have ever done to you`? Nothing. Why the bitterness? 

Please take your keyboard wars elsewhere. 

By the way, yes, I´m a TT addict. It is the only forum I have ever been on.I don´t do Facebook or Twitter. I have made friends on here whom I have personally met or with whom I am in frequent contact. I don´t want to respond immediately to people in Bolivia asking me which coffee I am drinking.

I am who I am--a nutty, nice bloke, full of contradictions but basically, just one of us humans. I will die one day..maybe tomorrow, maybe in 10 years and then it´s over..till the next time.

I shouldn´t really even be defending myself but politeness...

Seriously John... I will answer you...   

You have done nothing to me... zero.. zilch.. Nada... 

But there are sooooo many folk on here that are sick to the back teeth of Dog Rescue and Drugie smokie central!

You even tell us that you have to skype with an "Impolite American"... Well Guess what... That "Impolite" American may just put some cash in your account!... 

The Thread is about "civil"... but you are certainly not being civil to your punters!

No Neet to reply... Just reflect on your comments!

Ok, if people are sick to the back teeth of dog rescue etc...no problem! They don´t have to read the stuff. Dog lovers will understand..you do  NOT have to. Fine by me.

The " impolite American "...I thought only the Americans " didn´t do irony "...you are now an American!

:rolleyes:

(stereotype  joke within a joke )

Final comment: I am always friendly and polite to clients and potential clients.

2 minutes ago, john g. said:

The " impolite American "...I thought only the Americans "didn't do irony "...you are now an American!

And fuck me sideways... I thought it was "Banter"...  hey ho...