Illegal claim of repair cost from apartment owner after leaving the aparment.

7 posts in this topic

While handing over the apartment, the apartment owner clearly mentioned in Übergabeprotokoll that 'Wohnung ist in Ordnung'(apartment is ok).
Even the Nachmieter (successor tenant) also confirmed, in written, that all is good in apartment.
About 6 weeks after when I asked to get the Kaution (Deposit) back then owner wrote the letter that the apartment had the Schimmel (Mold) while leaving.
He is claiming that he repaired all the things and now he is asking me all repair cost.

Question is 
HOW IS CAN CLAIM AND BLAME ME while-
1. he himslef wrote in Übergabeprotokoll that 'Wohnung ist in Ordnung'(apartment is ok).
2. he made the Zählestand Protokoll (Meter and heater reading) on the day of leaving the apartment and at that time also he was not able to find the mold in apartment.
3. Nachmieter (successor tenant) also gae in written that I checked the apartment and all is ok with the apartment, on the day of leaving.

Your advice in this matter is highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Mietverein. Search function top right of the page.

https://www.toytowngermany.com/wiki/Mieterverein

Join now if you are not a member, for the next time you have a problem with a landlord. And take out Rechtschützversicherung so a lawyer can argue this type of sh... in future.

It's how things are done in Germany.

25 minutes ago, optimista said:

Join now if you are not a member, for the next time you have a problem with a landlord. And take out Rechtschützversicherung so a lawyer can argue this type of sh... in future.

Close, but no cigar, I'm afraid.

If he joins now, they can help him with this problem immediately, up to the point where things go to court. That includes providing advice and sending letters to the landlord if needed. So no need to wait for the next problem to benefit from membership.

And nearly all Mieterverein memberships already include legal insurance for tenant issues, making a separate policy unnecessary, unless the OP wants legal insurance for areas other than tenant issues.

23 minutes ago, optimista said:

Mietverein. Search function top right of the page.

https://www.toytowngermany.com/wiki/Mieterverein

Thanks Optimista,

I have a Rechtversicherung and in contact with Laywer. I came to know very late about the Mieterverein.

Just now, El Jeffo said:

Close, but no cigar, I'm afraid.

If he joins now, they can help him with this problem immediately, up to the point where things go to court. That includes providing advice and sending letters to the landlord if needed. So no need to wait for the next problem to benefit from membership.

And nearly all Mieterverein memberships already include legal insurance for tenant issues, making a separate policy unnecessary, unless the OP wants legal insurance for areas other than tenant issues.

Thanks EI Jeffo,

I came to know late about the Mietverein. My Laywer is not giving me a clear answer that with these best proofs how much I in good position against the apartment owner. So want to search /know personally. 

You have signed statements by the landlord and the subsequent tenant that everything was in good condition as of the handover date. The evidence seems overwhelmingly in your favor.

If your lawyer doesn't think it's an open-and-shut case, you need to get another lawyer. Just my humble opinion as a non-lawyer, of course.

3 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

You have signed statements by the landlord and the subsequent tenant that everything was in good condition as of the handover date. The evidence seems overwhelmingly in your favor.

If your lawyer doesn't think it's an open-and-shut case, you need to get another lawyer. Just my humble opinion as a non-lawyer, of course.

Thanks