2018 Tax help

10 posts in this topic

Hello All,

Ive been using an Accountant for my wife's and my Tax filing. I´m am working with a contract but my wife is freelance. The accountant didn't offer the best service and would charge me 400 each time. Also i ever got a refund from the finanzamt, were many people in the same situation as me would. 

Anyway. I need help with 2018 and wondered if anyone knows someone who can help me fill in the forms? I have steurgo but still need help! Will to pay obviously. 

Any help would be great. 

pandamunich is now a real live steuerberater, as well as being an engineer and an expert on Life, the Universe and Everything. 

https://expertise.tax

THanks! 

However looks like I will be spending around 100 euros per hour? I had heard that students do it for less?

Students know less and do not have professional indemnity insurance. Is it worth the risk?

41 minutes ago, shtuppy said:

However looks like I will be spending around 100 euros per hour?

The reason you employ a Steuerberater is because you are not able to do the task yourself & not necessarily because you will get more back as a refund than the Steuerberater charges (admitidly the German tax system works on the basis "why do things simple when complicated can be made to work almost as well").

I had heard that students do it for less?

Students from any line of education?

Have you searched the tax threads on here?

Panda used to do masses of tax info until it became obvious that it was not just penniless english teachers and students who were asking, but people who had the means to pay an expert. One reason they didn't pay an expert was because she is better than most. So now she has done the exams and we can now choose to pay for the best.

The threads are still there, though, and if you don't need too much, you may find that enough info is already out there. If you end up with one or two specific questions to help you finish off, people often post these in the finance section and usually someone helps out.

OP- you get what you pay for. So, if you are Mr. Scrooge and want to go cheap, be prepared for problems, or issues with your tax returns.

I agree with kiplette,  Panda has shown she knows her business., so try her.