How to stay friends with a friend

46 posts in this topic

From a father to a mother, fraufruit - bless you. 

I remember in my home town a woman who had just been chatting to her daughter on the phone - the old- fashioned street phone with coins and the 15- year- old daughter said “ mum, gotta cut off... the bus is coming..”

She left the street phone off the hook in her haste and ran in front of the bus and was run over. She died.

33 minutes ago, jeba said:

But this almost was the norm only a century ago. My grandfather´s girlfriend had 10 siblings 5 of whom didn´t make it to adulthood. We forget how lucky we are to live nowadays.

We do forget the progress we have made medically - sure.

But progress or no progress - the death of one’s child ( or any child ) is so sad.

Unless the parent/s is/are psychopaths and they are around.

10 hours ago, optimista said:

When I was pregnant

your profile gender is listed as "not telling"  hmm, one can safely assume now.

2 minutes ago, optimista said:

Never assume anything, Sherlock :ph34r:

The menstrual cup thread kind of made me make assumptions too.   I will try harder. Though, in retrospect problems with weird smell would be self explanatory.

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

Nobody.

Exactly.  The death of my son (it will be 10 years on 1/17/2020) changed me forever.  One of the most difficult things is when one is asked "how many children do you have?".  Most of the time I give the correct answer, but sometimes I'm in a social setting where I just don't wanna open that Pandora's Box.  I've exceeded my own expectations though - I never imagined I would be able to march forward in life.