Job contract does not mentions unlimited but employer says it is unlimited ?

7 posts in this topic

Hi All, 

I have recently got a new job offer. The employer says that the job contract is unlimited. However, when i went through the contract it does not mentions it anywhere that it is "unbefristet arbeitsvertrag". However, it also does not have any where written that it is befristet arbeitsvertrag. 

Moreover, the other conditions such as probezeit notice period ( a month) and post probezeit (3 months from either side) notice period are pretty standard. Only this point that this job contract is unbefristet is not written anywhere.

I just found it out, however, I have sent a query to HR for this. I am wondering if some one can give me a quick heads up here ? 

THanks a lot in advance

Don't worry, the default in Germany is an unlimited contract once you've passed the probationary period.

If your term of employment were limited in any way, it would have to be mentioned explicitly.

1 minute ago, El Jeffo said:

Don't worry, the default in Germany is an unlimited contract once you've passed the probationary period.

If your term of employment were limited in any way, it would have to be mentioned explicitly.

Thanks a lot !!

5 minutes ago, Metall said:

I tend to agree with El Jeffo, but it certainly is wise to talk to HR.

sure , thanks !

23 minutes ago, Metall said:

I tend to agree with El Jeffo, but it certainly is wise to talk to HR.

I disagree. What will be achieved talking to HR? A time bound contract instead ?  Better to talk to a lawyer and take ou Rechtsschutzversicherung if not already purchased. 

15 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

Indeed you were right, however HR said they can write and send a new one. Thank you