Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Positive answer after a job interview and then...

18 posts in this topic

Long story short:

- Friday: job interview, everything perfect, the boss said good things about me and offered me 1 Month probation period for a job. He just asked me for all the documents needed. I inform him that I give my resignation (Kündigung) for the current job. The job is as a generic Mitarbeiter in Verkäuf.

- Yesterday: I go direct by them, I leave all the documents requested. He's not present, i talk with a secretary. I send my Kündigung via email to my current employer.

- Today (Sunday!): i receive a noreply Email from the company with which I had an interview at 7:30!, communicating me "heute absagen zu müssen" blablabla... the typical automated negative response. I wrote to all the interested people just one second after. I called their offices but they closed on Friday.

What the hell are they doing? 

Could this automated response probably be a mistake or a system error?

Why would a sane individual resign from the current job when the ink (of the signature) on the new contract hasn't even dried yet? 

2 minutes ago, franklan said:

Why would a sane individual resign from the current job when the ink (of the signature) on the new contract hasn't even dried yet? 

Because of the Kündigungsfrist

5 minutes ago, franklan said:

From what I've read from the post, he didn't have a "new contract" for the second job so there was no ink to be dried. 

I suggest  next week he contact the man who interviewed him initially and discuss his concerns.   

Ah, well, that explains it...

Q: Why did you hammer a screw into your knee cap? 

A: So that I can use a screw driver to adjust the pain!

Your current status: Unemployed with a three month payment ban of the A-Team.

5 minutes ago, Lavender Rain said:

From what I've read from the post, he didn't have a "new contract" for the second job so there was no ink to be dried. 

I suggest  next week he contact the man who interviewed him initially and discuss his concerns.   

So you think that he might has changed his perspective?

3 minutes ago, franklan said:

Ah, well, that explains it...

Q: Why did you hammer a screw into your knee cap? 

A: So that I can use a screw driver to adjust the pain!

The resignation are not yet been formalized.

I wrote a correction letter, if that helps.

6 minutes ago, Hometown said:

So you think that he might has changed his perspective?

How would I know what's in some manager's mind  to speculate about this situation?

Call him on Monday. Good luck.

9 minutes ago, franklan said:

Your current status: Unemployed with a three month payment ban of the A-Team.

I told them first to give me a confirmation of my resignation. No answer.

3 hours after i wrote them again to not take into consideration that email. I personally know the girl working with the HR.

6 minutes ago, Lavender Rain said:

How would I know what's in some manager's mind  to speculate about this situation?

Call him on Monday. Good luck.

No i'm not talking about this. 

For example, two months ago, when i got my job contract from my current employer , I received the same automated response. So i don't know what it's behind.

25 minutes ago, Hometown said:

No i'm not talking about this. 

For example, two months ago, when i got my job contract from my current employer , I received the same automated response. So i don't what it's behind.

I answered your question about "do I think he changed his perspective". 

You're not going to find out "what behind this" on the forum.  Like I said  already call on Monday.

Have a great day and good luck!!

3 hours ago, franklan said:

In Öffentlicher Dienst, they won’t let you even see the contract to sign until they have proof that you’ve quit your current job (they need a letter from the current job stating that you’ve quit and don’t owe them anything). I thought that was insane as well, but I had no choice. Worked out in the end though.

25 minutes ago, Santitas said:

In Öffentlicher Dienst, they won’t let you even see the contract to sign until they have proof that you’ve quit your current job (they need a letter from the current job stating that you’ve quit and don’t owe them anything). I thought that was insane as well, but I had no choice. Worked out in the end though.

Exactly.

Not only in OD, also in private companies as well.

What? Really? I wouldnt even consider resigning from my current job without having seen what I am signing up to next. If you hand in a confirmation of having resigned then they choose to send you a contact saying they only offer you the doorman job with half payment but double shifts. Nope. 

12 hours ago, Hometown said:

a noreply Email from the company

Since we're talking about a German company, is the automated response an indication to you that the office is closed?  for the weekend.

56 minutes ago, Wherearewegoingto said:

What? Really? I wouldnt even consider resigning from my current job without having seen what I am signing up to next. If you hand in a confirmation of having resigned then they choose to send you a contact saying they only offer you the doorman job with half payment but double shifts. Nope. 

Perhaps in the private sector but not in Öffentlicher Dienst. Whatever was posted in the job ad, which includes duties and remuneration, is what they are legally bound to when offering you the job. No changes can be made. 

Everything resolved!

I spoke with the woman working with the HR and she told me there have been a mistake with the Bewerbungsverwaltungssoftware. She told me the girl working behind the desk received the order to cancel all the applicants in the mailing list.

They are actually preparing my job contract and I'll start in December.

Thank you for your catastrophism, rudeness and irreverence. You have been very helpful.

I'll never write here again.

Have a nice day!