Moving to Munich!

14 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I am considering to move from Belgium to Munich along with my family (wife and 1 year old daughter). My company is in Freising. Can I please ask you for the following questions:

1. What would be a good / above average salary in this region?

2. What is the rent that I can expect to pay for a 3 room apartment?

3. Any suggestions for a good location to live ? I was thinking of a place which is both closer to my work and to the Munich city. Please note that I don't have car as of now and would depend on the public transport.

4. What would be the cost of public transport?

5. Are creches/nursery in Munich/Feeding good? How long can it take for me to find one?

6. Any tips that I should take care while relocating and settling in Munich/Freising?

Thanks in advance!

Yes as the cat suggests, please do search before asking a pile of questions, all of which have been covered before ad nauseum. Most even have whole threads dedicated to them and I'm sure you can find the Munich regional transportation website for fare information.

Come on.

Thanks for your reply. I have searched TT. However, I haven't got answers for my questions especially when my work place is in freising and I have a baby daughter. I would humble request you all to help me with my above questions. Thanks in advance

1. What would be a good / above average salary in this region?        No Idea.. Sorry

2. What is the rent that I can expect to pay for a 3 room apartment?    Start at 1300€ Cold rent... I would have thought..

3. Any suggestions for a good location to live ? I was thinking of a place which is both closer to my work and to the Munich city. Please note that I don't have car as of now and would depend on the public transport... You need to look at a MVV website

4. What would be the cost of public transport?...  Guess at 300€ a month

5. Are creches/nursery in Munich/Feeding good? How long can it take for me to find one?...  I have a piece of strin here if you want to come and measure it..

6. Any tips that I should take care while relocating and settling in Munich/Freising?... Consider staying in Belgium

23 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

6. Any tips that I should take care while relocating and settling in Munich/Freising?... Consider staying in Belgium

Have you seen the taxes in Belgium??

erm...I think that is the corporate tax rate not the personal income tax rate, oder?

either way, the effective tax rate is going to depend on his actual salary

The average salary in Munich is around €4300/Month. With no extra source of income, a wife and a child you'll feel like a poor sod with that income in Munich though. With around €80,000-€90,000+ a year it may be worth it, if it's a good career step for you. At least you'll have enough income for a proper place and still be able to afford Holidays. Beyond that or if your wife also works you'll be more than fine.