The "why it is difficult to leave" thread

260 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

If I paid the same amount each month into BUPA, I would get far better health care in the UK  than here. 

Except that Bupa is not a complete package, its just an upgrade.  You have to take your NI and add it to the bupa costs.

1 hour ago, zwiebelfisch said:

Except that Bupa is not a complete package, its just an upgrade.  You have to take your NI and add it to the bupa costs.

Yes and you need to add some of your tax too as general taxation accounts for the vast majority (about 80%) of NHS funding. 

And BUPA doesn't deal with emergencies. You'll hang around an NHS A&E just like any other plebs.

I pay for my healthcare in the UK on occasion because I can't cope with the wait times, but found that most private health care providers in the UK try and stick with the straight forward easy to convert to cash stuff. (And why wouldn't they ?)

4 hours sitting waiting for a bed... No pain meds.. Nothing... The Gerry system isn't that good either... 

I need the vent thread.. 

Sorry you have to wait, Spidey. I usually bring my own drugs when I got to hospital just in case they are skimping.

In your pocket.

5 hours ago, franklan said:

6 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

Everyone else is on Big Social Media.

You're working hard on that, don't you?

Hahaha!! :D Yes, his Big Echo Chamber.

13 hours ago, Kommentarlos said:

Pretty much.

Authoritarian too - despite happily criticising other posters for stong perspectives.

Still doesn't seem to be able to provide examples of women not being described as an object from his posting history. Chooses instead to lash out with speculative inflamatory comments instead. 

"my" opinion.

This whole reminiscence monologe thing is probabaly better off as a blog. rather than clogging up all the threads on the board.  

It seems difficult here to leave one's perspectives in one place though - so I guess blanket coverage is likey to continue.

# Werbesendung

Why not just put him on ignore if he upsets you that much then your thread won`t be clogged then go have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

6 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

4 hours sitting waiting for a bed... No pain meds.. Nothing... The Gerry system isn't that good either... 

I need the vent thread.. 

Hope you are ok, Spider...jeez. Hospitals are no fun. Nor is pain. Same whether in Greece or Germany. Get well soon, you miserable sod!

:angry::angry:

I actually have a doc appointment here tomorrow for my eye but have to postpone it. No time at all tomorrow..not even for Agapi.

12 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

I think Kommunistlos is a clickbait account.

My guess is someone with a different point of view.

12 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

Good for you for leaving. I don't think the long term future looks good for this country. With all its rules it is simply too inflexible for any new growth. But for us oldies it is a good place to live with its superior healthcare.

Thanks - i plan to live to be more than 100, so this will be a mid-life transition.  ☺

Thanks, optimista! I have had a non-stop day and am exhausted!

And finally the sun has come out!👍🏼

1 hour ago, HEM said:

He probably didn't notice,,,

I noticed a lot but couldn´t SEE much!!!

HEM: you used to be so nice to me back in the days I was new on Toytown and in Hamburg. Can I have a Neptune, please?

:lol:

On 11/26/2019, 4:02:36, Keleth said:

Why not just put him on ignore if he upsets you that much then your thread won`t be clogged then go have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

I guess the alarm has just gone off in his clubhouse again. 

I wouldn’t recommend to encourage him though. He is more than capable of shouting down anything that does not suit him on his own. 

Ha! No clubhouses for me! I have no interest in golf, no interest in surrounding myself with blazered Tory types! ( Somewhat pandering to my own prejudices, admittedly.)

I like dog houses more! And I seem to be in the doghouse with you!

🐕

One of the issues is definitely the weather.. 22 Celcius tomorrow and a miserable 19 forecast for Sunday and even some rain.

I know the olive farmers will be happy and, yeah, fair enough.

But 19?

It ‘s nearly December! Can’t we postpone COLD for a few weeks?

I had to put on socks today just in case I got cold feet. 

First 18 years of my life in England equals cold

Stuff in-between WARM

25 years of Hamburg equals cold AND wet

Close to 6 years on Crete- 300 days of sunshine but cold this evening.  Not good enough.

😩

You could consider Lagos, Nigeria. It has tropical weather all year round. Coming two weeks: 32 degrees on average. I stayed there a few times. Since you like adventure, I can recommend it.

I remember  Indonesia, Luke!

30 or so everyday and SO humid!

Anyway, too old to move to Nigeria?

The question remains Crete v Hamburg ?