The "why it is difficult to leave" thread

331 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, john g. said:

. A bus load of German Renter turned up at the bar and one of them immediately complained about the noise and asked them to turn down the music.

OK, Rentner..but that wouldn´t happen here in Greece..I bet.

Last Saturday I was at a charity event the proceeds of which went to the local dog pound. It was at a bar and singers were perfoming. After the first I left because it was too loud for my poor ears. Maybe we Germans really have a different level of noise tolerance.

You´re not 21, jeba! Nor am I!  Or maybe it was lousy music! Younger people like loud.

:D

But Cypriots ( I assume vaguely ) and Cretans like it loud. Actually, in our village, they often talk loud for maybe two  reasons: they´re Cretans and...many are old and hard of hearing!

Time to turn up the Led Zeppelin!!! LOUD!

Do you remember when you were a teenager? I used to play my brother´s single from the Beatles " I am the walruss " dozens of times an evening between homework from school ..he had the single and the equipment..forget the word for it now..I was still at school. Ted was in the factory and had his money. I didn´t.

I still love that crazy song and will try to google it and post here and play LOUD!

https://vimeo.com/330507673

I am getting better at this Google stuff! Wow, that was quick!

17 minutes ago, john g. said:

You´re not 21, jeba! Nor am I!  Or maybe it was lousy music! Younger people like loud.

Actually, the music wasn´t bad. But even as a teenager I couldn´t stand it when the music was too loud. Maybe my girlfriend is right when she claims I was born an old man.

11 hours ago, Kommentarlos said:

Then why did you repond so emphatically and absolutely when a woman called you out for objectifying another woman? No ambiguity there for you was there?

Everything does have indeed a context. This context is an international internet forum in the 21st century.

It is not a Benny Hill sketch from the 1970's. 

Perhaps you can come back with some examples of you objectifying men in the same manner from your posting history? There do not seem to be any above in this thread in or above the questionable comments you made.

# Toytown balance.

Perhaps you could come back with some examples of who  you are? Anonymous as usual. Instead of judging people who go upfront.." hey,. here I am,." And " here are the others! ".

Nope. You don´t do that. Easier to judge others than out yourself. Easy life! Not balanced on Toytown. Cowardly. 

By the way, it is obvious you have no children..especially a daughter. So don´t give me the

Frauenhasser crap.

Thank you John g you are very nice and kind poeson too. you would not belleive how many people where rintersted for Aeghi Ncholaus it is realy beautifull and i know it is close to  Heraklion that why i sugested it. You would not have to go far away. And as far as i know it is affordable.

23 hours ago, john g. said:

We live close to there, Magmax! It´s about 20 kilometres away! You are a kind young person!

Our mini-skirted lawyer is there ( and she goes on Facebook everyday with sexy poses! ) And my dentist is there! And our bank is there. And the bakery where the Greek lady who lived in Germany speaks German and the internet café where you can use their toilets if you can remember the code number for the door! ( I can´t, usually!! )

Bildergebnis für Voulismeni-See

Good evening, Magmax! I believe you are from Croatia so in some ways you may ´feel a cultural affiliation to Greece/Crete..laid back, illogical etc!

Agios is small and Heraklion is bigger. Both are affordable if you earn enough! It depends how you want to live. I/we want SAFE above all, , a place to hang around with our dogs and just relax. No need for discos!

59 minutes ago, jeba said:

After the first I left because it was too loud for my poor ears. Maybe we Germans really have a different level of noise tolerance.

Might not be that jeba. Can it also be that - *raises head above gun turret* - some of that Mediterranean music is a bit shite?

53 minutes ago, john g. said:

Do you remember when you were a teenager? I used to play my brother´s single from the Beatles " I am the walruss "

isn't it off Sgt Pepper? "Day in the Life" is my fave. for weirdness "Mr Kite" is a classic. 

13 minutes ago, Magmax said:

Thank you John g you are very nice and kind poeson too. you would not belleive how many people where rintersted for Aeghi Ncholaus it is realy beautifull and i know it is close to  Heraklion that why i sugested it. You would not have to go far away. And as far as i know it is affordable.

Mag are you from Croatia? I have been holidaying there for years. Korcula is my fave region. 

I was born in 1967 John. I sadly missed all the music as it happened. Must have been amazing to have all that stuff coming out of swinging London back then! I had brothers 15 years older than me so I raided all their Peter Frampton, Floyd, Wishbone Ash albums. One of my absolute 70s faves though is Camel/Caravan. Gentle band I absolutely love their stuff. 

Oh shit we'll be yelled at soon for derailing...The screws will be jangling their keys...

Good evening John g and Jeremy  yes i am a Croat yes Jeremy you spoke very nice about  my country on the i got atacked by two Croats topic..  Korčula is a beautifull island in our Dalmatia region Sun the sea excellent food,

On 11/25/2019, 1:13:21, fraufruit said:

Misogynist much?

Pretty much.

Authoritarian too - despite happily criticising other posters for stong perspectives.

Still doesn't seem to be able to provide examples of women not being described as an object from his posting history. Chooses instead to lash out with speculative inflamatory comments instead. 

"my" opinion.

This whole reminiscence monologe thing is probabaly better off as a blog. rather than clogging up all the threads on the board.  

It seems difficult here to leave one's perspectives in one place though - so I guess blanket coverage is likey to continue.

# Werbesendung

I am not at your Orwellian beck and call.

You have hijacked this thread, which was supposed to be a useful one not only for me/ us but for other posters in a similar situation.

I thank the graceful ones who have contributed positively with lovely pictures and comments.

You have poisoned the atmosphere- eg with comments such as „clogging up all the threads on the board. „ 

YOU start a thread for once instead of not adding anything positive to other people‘s threads.

Who is your next target to be „ reeducated ?“

On 11/24/2019, 7:41:36, jeba said:

From where is that? Belfast?

All in all- it‘s just another brick in the wall...🗣

Kommentarlos and john g - you are the last posters i would have predicted to be trading verbal blows.  

Hope you have a good day ahead.  

Unpopular off-topic opinion:   Pink Floyd and Beatles are over rated.  The Who is awful.   Stones and Led Zeppelin are mostly awesome.  😉

I hope to leave Germany in less than 2 years so the thread and its tangents are interesting.

On 11/24/2019, 11:49:39, fraufruit said:

Good, affordable medical care would be high on my priority list. That's the main reason I can't move back to the U.S. to be closer to my son/family.

Mobility is also an important factor. Shops and services should be accessible.

6 hours ago, Kommentarlos said:

Authoritarian too - despite happily criticising other posters for stong perspectives.

# Werbesendung

I think Kommunistlos is a clickbait account. Adding a Twitter hashtag? Trying to get traffic on there also. Fail. There really is only us old farts on TT today. Look down at those bot accounts pretending this is a busy forum. It isn't. Everyone else is on Big Social Media.

2 hours ago, john g. said:

I thank the graceful ones who have contributed positively with lovely pictures and comments.

Must admit Hoopless (why on earth is he still on TT after his outing here to Germany crashed and burned? ) gave me some "Hiraeth" with his pic of Wales. Poor old chap had a bit of a turn last night on the Tesla thread. Hope the nurses managed to get him back in his chair and mop up the pee.

1 hour ago, balticus said:

Unpopular off-topic opinion:   Pink Floyd and Beatles are over rated.  The Who is awful.   Stones and Led Zeppelin are mostly awesome.  😉

I hope to leave Germany in less than 2 years so the thread and its tangents are interesting.

Good for you for leaving. I don't think the long term future looks good for this country. With all its rules it is simply too inflexible for any new growth. But for us oldies it is a good place to live with its superior healthcare.

Superior health care? 

If I paid the same amount each month into BUPA, I would get far better health care in the UK  than here. 

Why are you having a pop at komentarlos?  You wanted them in your pm group... What changed? 

1 hour ago, jeremytwo said:

Everyone else is on Big Social Media.

You're working hard on that, don't you?