The "why it is difficult to leave" thread

260 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Are you ready to change the thread topic to "Why it is difficult to stay"?

Good point!

:P

There are so many pluses here but, as we age, and as we find some aspects unacceptable (eg dogs ), we are at a difficult stage, true. Hence the thread. I/we  will definitely miss so many things and it is still in the exploratory phase. ie will it work in Hamburg?

NB: I wish I were 21 again...try this, works or doesn´t, no worries, try this, try that....

26 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

Did you really beleive that was or is the reason?

It is a minor reason when all is said and done but for four months a year it´s unpleasant at home and in the office. I will of course bitch about the weather when back in Hamburg! But at least we won´t freeze at home!

40 minutes ago, john g. said:

Good point!

There are so many pluses here but, as we age, and as we find some aspects unacceptable (eg dogs ), we are at a difficult stage, true. Hence the thread. I/we  will definitely miss so many things and it is still in the exploratory phase. ie will it work in Hamburg?

NB: I wish I were 21 again...try this, works or doesn´t, no worries, try this, try that...

But for the dog's sake would it not be better to stay? In Hamburg there are lower number of animals to be rescued so the dogs in your current place definitely need someone to be there.

4 minutes ago, Wherearewegoingto said:

But for the dog's sake would it not be better to stay? In Hamburg there are lower number of animals to be rescued so the dogs in your current place definitely need someone to be there.

But it’s heartbreaking to see this treatment of dogs on a regular basis. I think you can also help those dogs from Hamburg, collecting money and finding loving homes for those abandoned animals.

Evening, Wherearewe! We are not professional dog rescuers or a Tierheim. We love dogs  fine. But we are spending so much of our time (and money ) on another society´s problems and indifference. We leave the door to go shopping or for a walk  or whatever and yet another dog...and yet another. 

We cannot do this anymore. The locals should take responsibility. Do you know how it feels when a smiling local says: " hey, good news! Two puppies for you! "

Why not for YOU? What´s good news about it?

YOU do something about it.

We are simply tired.

43 minutes ago, john g. said:

I will of course bitch about the weather when back in Hamburg! But at least we won´t freeze at home!

At the moment we have storm Lolita (who came up with this famous girl for a storm name anyway?) in Germany, but on Friday we have 15 degrees...PLUS!!

If you are referring to me, Spider...we came here full of dreams and idealism...the grass is always greener. Yep. There are many things we love here but we are tired and we have to make decisions based on our reality/age etc. 

9 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

bAt the moment we have storm Lolita (who came up with this famous girl for a storm name anyway?) in Germany, but on Friday we have 15 degrees...PLUS!!

This is storm that is a German named thing by  http://www.met.fu-berlin.de/adopt-a-vortex/

Guess they thought 12 year olds blow really hard.

14 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

Yes... but he wont need to wear that rod that he made for his own back!

Make a decent offer for Mandy in her new bed and the carrot!

:rolleyes: 10 euros for the stolen sock at the back! :lol: Trials and tribulations in an office!!

IMG_2840.jpg

No way...   There is absolutely no way will ever get a dog...  

I know that I couldnt take care of it as it deserves...    If things went bad... I wouldnt be able to turn my back on it!

Fair enough, Spider! That is an honest answer! People don´t have to love or even like dogs..it´s cruelty which is horrible.

By the way, all dogs would love you..because they just love. WAY nicer than ex-wives!

Dogs tend to love their owners regardless but a dog also deserves a home with someone who has time for it.

Beautiful, hellfire. A girl´s best friends are not diamonds after all. A dog, babe. A dog. 

Ok, have both..but when it boils down to it.

Thanks, hellfire. That is truly moving.

26 minutes ago, LeonG said:

Dogs tend to love their owners regardless but a dog also deserves a home with someone who has time for it.

Absolutely, dear Leon.

2 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Are you ready to change the thread topic to "Why it is difficult to stay"?

New thread title? " Why is it difficult to leave a dog? "

It is not difficult unless you are heartless ( many Cretans? But not only them )

It is impossible.

1 hour ago, john g. said:

Beautiful, hellfire. A girl´s best friends are not diamonds after all. A dog, babe. A dog. 

Ok, have both..but when it boils down to it.

My baby dog absolutely changed my life. I must admit I flip out when she ever gets any problems which are thankfully rare. Routine is thus: evening on Mamma's knee for telly, then son has her until he's asleep, then the pitter patter of paws on our wooden floors then she leaps on the extra step i provided for her to lie next to me in bed. Then when I wake up, she shakes her head and I carry her down to the kitchen for a bone, then we sit by the fire for a while. Yup she is spoiled. 

John go and get another quickly.

No more new dogs, jeremy! We have Roza (old), Mandy ( a kidnapped puppy ) and another dog in Hamburg at a friend´s place.

We can´t handle it anymore.

I am very happy your puppy is so loved by you!

:rolleyes:

We will continue to feed/offer medical support (ie pay vets  ) for  strays ( including cats ) and try to find solutions for distressed dogs/cats while we are still here but enough is enough.

A stray cat I call Hühnerkatze ( because he used to live with chickens )...have been feeding him for 5 years..not seen him for about three weeks..sigh..guess what? There´s a replacement...

John, you are a unique man. Seems it is time to celebrate the humble canines whose lives you have made great then cut and run. My best nomad friend said there's a time to come, a time to stay and a time to go. 

I did similar to you in the Gulf. Arabs were nice people but animal care was their weak point. I rescued two stray cats and gave them a good life - flew them home to the UK with six months in quarantine - the buggers cost me 2,500 pounds in all. I was an active member of an animal rescue charity PAWS out there helping drive cats to the vet from time to time, stuff like that.