The "why it is difficult to leave" thread

207 posts in this topic

Well, may have to leave Crete next year for several reasons but, whilst weighing up the pros and cons, I came across a picture we took a  couple of years ago one day not far from our village.

Hm, that is not something I´d get to see in Hamburg.

Do you have a picture to share of the area or town you are in which would make it difficult for you to leave?

IMG_1634.JPG

We have lots of photos though I came across this one today....most certainly beats the school run views from where we lived in the U.K...

IMG_7931.JPG.c29d96c82fc4e57f45197dee0f3

I'm sure it isn't an easy decision to move back to Germany, though you and your Nicole (always love how you say 'my Nicole') are certain to make the best of wherever you are.  Home is truly where the heart is.  Plenty of disadvantaged animals here would most certainly appreciate any of your love, care and attention. 

All the very best.

Living here in Wales close to the mountains, I enjoy riding my motorbike through stunning scenery like this.

Being out in the quiet open spaces like this just fills me with joy.

However, if things went pear-shaped for whatever reason, then I'd bite the bullet and do it.

Obviously we don't know the reason for your proposed move, but don't regard your stay there as a failure.

People often stay put, whether it be in a job or marriage as leaving would seem to be admitting defeat.

Hopefully if you do move on John, things may well be better for you. Every cloud and all that ...

johng.jpg

We have goats here! Where are  the sheep in that picture, hoops?

😂

Lovely pic!

21 minutes ago, john g. said:

We have goats here! Where are  the sheep in that picture, hoops?

Reminds me of a joke:

Why do welshmen wear Levi button-fly jeans?
Because a sheep can hear a zipper at 100 yards.

So I reckon someone wasn't wearing button-fly's john g.

I wasn’t wearing anything, Techs! That is why one of the goats in that picture got pregnant!

😂

2 hours ago, john g. said:

Well, may have to leave Crete next year for several reasons but, whilst weighing up the pros and cons, I came across a picture we took a  couple of years ago one day not far from our village.

Hm, that is not something I´d get to see in Hamburg.

Do you have a picture to share of the area or town you are in which would make it difficult for you to leave?

Many years ago I had to do a job at the air base there.  I finished very early in the morning and decided to walk to Heraklion.  The amazing scent of the flowers, herbs and trees along the road reminded me of Kazantzaki's Report to Greco, which I had read not long before.  I understand what you mean.

As for the view I shall miss when I leave, next month is sitting in my terrace looking out on my garden.  There's no way I shall have something like that in blighty, not unless I win a huge amount in the lottery.

Off topic, unfortunately I have tried to upload a photo but the goddam thing won't let me instead here is what I get. Oops, sorry I have to go and resize this too. Well, I've resized it to 7.22kB and it still tells me that I can't upload more than 245kb even though below the Choose files link it says up to 240kB.

3 minutes ago, rodisi said:

Off topic, unfortunately I have tried to upload a photo but the goddam thing won't let me instead here is what I get. Oops, sorry I have to go and resize this too. Well, I've resized it to 7.22kB and it still tells me that I can't upload more than 245kb even though below the Choose files link it says up to 240kB.

You have to reload this page to make the system "forget" that you previously tried to upload a photo that was too big.

It will work then.

I know what you mean , dear Panda!  

Mostly,  i click onto something  and it sometimes works ! I often hope for the best!,

😀😀

My goat picture!  Tried to post it a couple of years ago and it didn’t work! Someone on TT helped! Might have been you with your tips or Leon g or Metall! Can’t remember!

🙏🏻🦋

What a wonderful picture, rodisi! It looks like those trees on the left are twins!  And the tree on the right a younger sibling!  “ ich will auch dazu gehoeren.”

😜

2 minutes ago, john g. said:

What a wonderful picture, rodisi! It looks like those trees on the left are twins!  And the tree on the right a younger sibling!  “ ich will auch dazu gehoeren.”

😜

My wife had named the three trees "The Three Graces".

There’s a tree up in the mountains here- all alone. i have always called it mein Baum in chats with my Nicole! We both know which tree it is!

But i / we will never make it up there! So far away for our legs!

45 minutes ago, rodisi said:

WP_20170513_20_28_05_Pro_640x360.jpg

Very nice view :)

45 minutes ago, rodisi said:

Thanks @PandaMunich and since you appear to be knowledgeable, do you know if it's 240kb or 240kB?

5dd99b40e962e_Screenshot2019-11-23at21.4

0.24 MB = 0.24 Megabyte = 0.24 * 1,024 Kilobyte = 0.24 * 1,024 KB = 245.76 KB

I've mentioned before how tiny my apartment is but try as I might I just haven't been able to find a new place that would be worth leaving my garden.

Here is the bamboo I planted about 5 years ago. It was just a few short, spindly canes when it went in, and I had doubts it would survive in our wretched soil, but look at it now! 

IMG_20190617_193947_compress8.jpg

7 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Sometimes it's easy to leave:

image.png

From where is that? Belfast?