False positive urine drug test while traffic stop

10 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have been stopped by the police this morning 0730 while drove to work. They took breath test and urine test. Breath test was 0.00, but urine test showed amphetamine as positive despite I have not been taking any drugs or what's so ever. They took me to the local police station for taking blood test. They told me I have to wait for the result for 4-6 weeks and handled back all my documents including my driving licence and warned not to drive under influence of drugs that I have not been. I had 1 beer last night around 9pm and some bacon rolls as dinner. I had 2 coffees in the morning before i set in my car and began my journey. I heard that sugar metabolism could trigger false positive tests for drugs. What should I do? Should i wait for the blood test result? Or should go to the GP on monday morning to discuss the incident?

@FrankHun Pseudoephedrine and phenylephrine can trigger a false urine positive for amphetamines. If you took any cold medicine, find the package and the receipt. This might help you. If that was all it was, bloodwork will show just that so no worries. Wait out the time and be grateful for good public transportation. 

On what grounds were you tested for anything at all? Did they claim you were driving erratically or what? This sounds so shady (not you, the situation)

No I was driving correctly I have even dashboard operates in my car, they tested everything as routine. I worked together with the police, because I had nothing to afraid of I believed.

5 hours ago, fraufruit said:

5 hours ago, fraufruit said:

You had to give a urine sample on the side of the road?? I've never heard of that before.

They did it at the kiosk's staff toilet what was beside the road I drove. Dont matter, I was today at the local hospital and asked to redo the tests. I will go to pick up the result tomorrow. To be honest the only reason I would never drive even under influence of alcohol, bcoz the driving licence is mean all to me. Got 2 kids to look after and my work is very far away. I just got my licence and paid a pile of cash for it why would I risk it for stupid things?

18 hours ago, FrankHun said:

they tested everything as routine

That´s strange because they need a specific reason for a urine test.

Polizisten dürfen Tests überhaupt nur machen, wenn sie Anhaltspunkte haben, dass jemand Alkohol oder Drogen konsumiert hat, erklärt Wolfgang Beus, der für Polizei-Angelegenheiten zuständige Sprecher des NRW-Innenministeriums.

source: https://www.derwesten.de/region/alkohol-und-drogentest-was-darf-die-polizei-verlangen-id6769992.html

deepl-translation:

Police officers are only allowed to carry out tests if they have evidence that someone has consumed alcohol or drugs, explains Wolfgang Beus, the spokesman of the NRW Ministry of the Interior responsible for police matters.

On 23/11/2019, 10:40:58, FrankHun said:

They told me I have to wait for the result for 4-6 weeks and handled back all my documents including my driving licence and warned not to drive under influence of drugs that I have not been.

So you've now found your driving licence which you claim to of lost 10 days ago?

This is someone who went to Hungary to get his drivers licence while being resident in Germany which is forbidden.

He is not entitled to even drive here and now he's posting about being stopped for amphetamines.

I do not trust anything this person posts, he is totally ignorant and has total disregard for the authorities due to his ignorance.

When it comes to low life pieces of shit like Frankhun then he should be locked up and the key thrown away.

If you want to know more see this thread where he was advised he is driving without a licence