Flying from Japan to Vienna with German Residence Permit

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I couldn't find appropriate feed for my question, so I'm gonna ask it here.

I am currently on my exchange semester in Tokyo, but my home school is in Germany. I'm holding relevant German Residence permit. I need to fly next week to Vienna for the conference. Can I enter Vienna with German Residence permit? Or should I fly from Tokyo to Germany first and then enter Vienna?

Thank you in advance:)

2 hours ago, Mondotek said:

Hi guys,

I couldn't find appropriate feed for my question, so I'm gonna ask it here.

I am currently on my exchange semester in Tokyo, but my home school is in Germany. I'm holding relevant German Residence permit. I need to fly next week to Vienna for the conference. Can I enter Vienna with German Residence permit? Or should I fly from Tokyo to Germany first and then enter Vienna?

Thank you in advance:)

This is what the  Europa.eu website says:

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/entry-exit/non-eu-nationals/index_en.htm

If your visa is from a Schengen area country, it automatically allows you to travel to the other Schengen countries as well. If you have a valid residence permit from one of those Schengen countries, it is equivalent to a visa.

So according to this you should be OK.  But you might have issues when boarding your flight as not everybody might know these rules.