President Donald J. Trump

2,686 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

@balticus Whose home team are you on so we can know if you are a hypocrite for callingnothers nationalists? We know it's not the US or Germany, so where do you really hail from?

I live in Germany and witnessed firsthand a response much slower than in the US.  

I find it creepy that the people fail to criticize their own government.  

Oh, and, the coronavirus in the US came from Europe so Trump's kneejerk reaction had a net zero effect.

When Trump restricted Schengen flights, the EU screamed.   Looks like he was right and they were in denial.

The EU and European leaders who were critical have not been held responsible by the locals.  No surprise. 

You really find no fault with his piss poor pandemic preparation and absence of stockpiling. You really aren't American, are you?

Like the national debt, North Korea, Venezuela, the opioid crisis, student debt, ...

All were problems before he came into office.  There were and are Kassandras for each one of those and more who can claim that people were warned and briefings were given, but that's the way it always is - everywhere. 

@balticus So, you have no answer and deflect. Let us know when you can answer a question directly. You're not Pence. Trump isn't giving you brownie points for talking for five minutes without saying anything. 

Again, here are the questions:

What country do you hail as home?

Do you think Trump has done a good job with this pandemic?

How do you account for the lack of stockpiling?

That's my country we're talking about, so, under your criteria, I am criticizing in the right direction. Just answer the questions directly. It'll be okay. You can do it.

Goodness knows, I'm not a cheerleader for Germany; but I do applaud them for the things they are good at, and some of the things I appreciate are thoroughness, precision, fact-finding dedication,  meticulous research.

Such as Here.

My bold.

One January lunchtime in a car parts company, a worker turned to a colleague and asked to borrow the salt.  

As well as the saltshaker, in that instant, they shared the new coronavirus, scientists have since concluded.

That their exchange was documented at all is the result of intense scrutiny, part of a rare success story in the global fight against the virus.

The co-workers were early links in what was to be the first documented chain of multiple human-to-human transmissions outside Asia of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus.
They are based in Stockdorf, a German town of 4,000 near Munich in Bavaria, and they work at car parts supplier Webasto Group. 

The company was thrust under a global microscope after it disclosed that one of its employees, a Chinese woman, caught the virus and brought it to Webasto headquarters. There, it was passed to colleagues - including, scientists would learn, a person lunching in the canteen with whom the Chinese patient had no contact.

The January 22 canteen scene was one of dozens of mundane incidents that scientists have logged in a medical manhunt to trace, test and isolate infected workers so that the regional government of Bavaria could stop the virus from spreading.

That hunt has helped Germany win crucial time to build its COVID-19 defences.

Has the USA done anything like this?

1 minute ago, arunadasi said:

Goodness knows, I'm not a cheerleader for Germany; but I do applaud them for the things they are good at, and some of the things I appreciate are thoroughness, precision, fact-finding dedication, being meticulous research.

Such as Here.

My bold.

Has the USA done anything like this?

I hope the Cheerleader-in-Chief doesn't see this, else he will ban salt shakers.

@balticus I forgot to ask you about the failure of the Trump administration on testing. How do you reconcile the death toll to positive tests ratio in the US to that of Germany? Or even death toll to population?

That math is fairly stark.

Oh, and don't forget to tell us which country you call as your place of origin so that we can all see how intellectually honest you're being.

42 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

How do you account for the lack of stockpiling?

I wonder if any country had a stockpile large enough to cover this crisis.  At the end of the day, you can't really cover for every eventuality.

Imagine if there had been a global pandemic of diarrhea.  People's bumholes would have been red raw and there probably wouldn't have been enough Penaten Cream or ice-cube bags to go around. 

If you stockpile loads of cream it will eventually degrade and go out of date. It might still help your brown eye in this case but medicines and other thingymebobs have expiry dates.

It's all a question of balance and risk assessment.

Do I spend lots of money and buy loads of bum cream for a potential outbreak of the skitters or do I stockpile enough to cover the initial outbreak which then hopefully buys me time to increase production to cover the unfolding problem. And what if I buy loads of backdoor cream and I don't use it and it goes out of date and someone complains that I wasted money? 

These are the real questions that get asked. 

Hollywood makes everything look easy, Alex.  

Again a non-answer from someone who has clearly not read the IG report. Typical and boooooooooring. Do better.

Maybe Donny should have banned exports of PPE in March like Merkel did insteadof shipping it around the world like Trump did. That truth is a bit obvious, though, so you may not have yet integrated it into your repertoire.

15 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Again a non-answer from someone who has clearly not read the IG report. 

I haven't read the IG report on the US government's preparation for a diarrhea outbreak either. 

Whatever does it for you.  🤪

32 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Again a non-answer from someone who has clearly not read the IG report. Typical and boooooooooring. Do better.

How much should they have stockpiled, then? 

27 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Maybe Donny should have banned exports of PPE in March like Merkel did insteadof shipping it around the world like Trump did. That truth is a bit obvious, though, so you may not have yet integrated it into your repertoire.

Ah, so America first, now?

If he'd have done that you would have simply called him a meanie for doing it. 

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. 

Also, you seem to be exhibiting the I'm alright Jack behaviour that you often rail against on here.

Germany Faces Backlash From Neighbors Over Mask Export Ban   (Bloomberg 09.03.20)

A diplomatic spat has erupted between Germany and neighbors Switzerland and Austria over a decision last week by Chancellor Angela Merkel’s government to ban most exports of protective medical equipment.

“It can’t be that Germany is holding back products for Austria just because they happen to be stored in a German location,” Austrian Economy Minister Margarete Schramboeck told reporters in Vienna. “These products are for the Austrian market, and unilateral moves by Germany are just causing problems in other countries.”

Every man for himself, now, is it?  

3 minutes ago, balticus said:

... preparation for a diarrhea outbreak either. 

I think Alex is patient zero, the super spreader. 

:lol:

2 hours ago, balticus said:

Do you have data?  If not then why would you not have doubts?

Don´t answer a question with another question! I had asked whether you have doubt not whether you know.

As a nationalist, you do not criticize the home team.  

What home team are you talking about? I haven´t even mentioned my home country. Which part of my post was nationalist?

Look at the proportional number of cases in Germany, Belgium, France, the Netherlands,

That´s what I did when I linked the website showing the number/capita? Aren´t numbers / capita proportional enough for you?

and then help me understand why the German media are so focused on Trump

Are they? When I watch "Heute" or "Tagesschau" nowadays they don´t start with Trump but with an update on the corona situation. Apart from that extraordinary people in power (and not only extraordinary good ones) get more attention. Does that surprise you?

You still haven´t answered whether the virus story was only a Democrat´s hoax. Or whether cheerleading is tantamount to fighting the virus.

I live in Germany and witnessed firsthand a response much slower than in the US.  

That´s not true. Did Merkel claim once there were 15 cases that this wasn´t a problem and it would soon go to zero or was that Trump?

The EU and European leaders who were critical have not been held responsible by the locals

Also not true. E. g. Prof. Kekulé critised government repeatedly for not acting on prior commitments to stockpile in preparation for a pandemia dating back more than 20 years on public broadcasts.

Really? Please explain what you mean here. 

A federal judge in Manhattan rejected an effort by U.S. President Donald Trump and his adult children to send a lawsuit accusing them of exploiting their family name to promote a marketing scam into arbitration.

In a Wednesday night decision concerning the American Communications Network, U.S. District Judge Lorna Schofield accused the Trumps of acting unfairly by seeking arbitration after first obtaining "the benefits of litigating in federal court," including the dismissal of a racketeering claim.

"This conduct is both substantively prejudicial towards Plaintiffs and seeks to use the [Federal Arbitration Act] as a vehicle to manipulate the rules of procedure to Defendants' benefit and Plaintiffs' harm," Schofield wrote.

Defendants included Trump's adult children Donald Jr., Eric and Ivanka, and an affiliate of the Trump Organization.

"The court erred, and while we are disappointed, we will take an immediate appeal," Joanna Hendon, a lawyer for the Trumps, said in an email.

In the October 2018 complaint, the Trumps were accused of misleading victims into becoming salespeople for ACN, a multi-level marketing company that charged $499 for a chance to sell videophones and other goods.

According to the plaintiffs, the Trump family conned them into thinking Donald Trump, who had yet to become president, believed their investments would pay off.

They said the real goal was for the Trumps to enrich themselves, including through the receipt of millions of dollars in secret payments from 2005 to 2015.

The Trumps have called the lawsuit politically motivated, and said Donald's Trump's endorsement of ACN was merely his opinion.

In rejecting arbitration, Schofield noted the plaintiffs' claim that they had no reason to believe their agreements to arbitrate with ACN also covered the Trumps.

Roberta Kaplan, a lawyer for the plaintiffs, said in an email she looked forward to pursuing the proposed class action on behalf of her clients and "thousands of others like them who were defrauded by the Trumps."

Last July, Schofield said the plaintiffs could pursue state law claims of fraud, false advertising and unfair competition against the Trumps, despite dismissing the racketeering claim.

1 hour ago, balticus said:

I haven't read the IG report on the US government's preparation for a diarrhea outbreak either. 

Whatever does it for you.  🤪

Is your position so weak that you have no answer to my questions? That's pathetic. Well,  goes to your general knowledge base, doesn't it? 

1 hour ago, hellfire99 said:

How much should they have stockpiled, then? 

Ah, so America first, now?

If he'd have done that you would have simply called him a meanie for doing it. 

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. 

Also, you seem to be exhibiting the I'm alright Jack behaviour that you often rail against on here.

Germany Faces Backlash From Neighbors Over Mask Export Ban   (Bloomberg 09.03.20)

Every man for himself, now, is it?  

Not a response to any of my posts. More obfuscation. Do better.

1 hour ago, hellfire99 said:

I think Alex is patient zero, the super spreader. 

:lol:

And fail. That didn't take you long, did it?

If your information is weak, own it or owned yourself the way you did right there.

You must be so embarrassed. 

Whiny Bitch Says He’d Suck Less at COVID-19 Response If Media Wasn’t So Mean To His Baby Ass

WASHINGTON, D.C. — A big, fat, whiny, entitled, spoiled bitch stood in the White House press briefing room and insisted to reporters yesterday that his idiotic administration full of all kinds of miscreants, morons, misanthropes, and worse — Stephen Millers — would have had a much better response to the novel coronavirus outbreak if the media hadn’t been so mean to his big baby ass.

“Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,” shouted the Toddler in Chief, “You guys quoted me accurately, and reported the facts in such a mean way! It’s all your fault that I fired the pandemic response team back in 2018! It’s all your fault, too, that I’m such an incompetening, whiny megalomaniac who needs daily ego stroking in front of cameras more than I feel the urge to help the Americans who are suffering from this disease! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!”

link above for the rest.

30 minutes ago, kiplette said:

Really? Please explain what you mean here. 

School closures and flight restrictions.  

After diverse groups returned from Sûdtirol infected, it was time to close borders and stop flights.  Ursula v d Leyen was apoplectic when Trump stopped flights from Schengen.  

Poland, which was barely affected, closed schools a week before Germany did.