President Donald J. Trump

2,324 posts in this topic

@balticusSo please then tell me why Trump,Pence etal are doing a good job with the pandemic then.

You asked me to post it in this thread so I did,I even gave you a few days to get on your google machine so you can copy and paste all those right wing sites you like so much.

Looks like he "boiled over" again yesterday at reporters and his own people -

Trump used Monday’s briefing of the coronavirus task force to lash out at several members of the press, despite having recently praised media coverage of his response to the crisis as “very fair.” 

After kicking off the briefing by praising his own administration for its response to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, Trump opened the briefing up to questions, during which he refused to acknowledge any criticism of his handling of the pandemic that has brought the United States to a virtual standstill. 

One point of contention was a report released today by the inspector general of the federal Department of Health and Human Services. That report said that “severe shortages of testing supplies and extended waits for test results limited hospitals' ability to monitor the health of patients and staff.” Trump has repeatedly insisted that the United States has the best coronavirus testing regime in the world, but evidence contradicts that assertion.

Trump suggested that the inspector general in question, Christi Grimm, was an Obama administration holdover motivated to portray his efforts in unflattering light. She has actually been with the department since 1999...

the rest

On 4/5/2020, 5:52:10, Keleth said:

@balticusSo please then tell me why Trump,Pence etal are doing a good job with the pandemic then.

You asked me to post it in this thread so I did,I even gave you a few days to get on your google machine so you can copy and paste all those right wing sites you like so much.

12 hours ago, Keleth said:

@balticusstill waiting.

He'll never answer you. He knows Trump is a failure of a leader. He can't rehabilitate him so he runs to other threads.

6 minutes ago, Keleth said:

@balticusposting crap in other topics takes too much time to share your knowledge here or haven`t you finished googling yet ?

Pffffft!   :lol:

You've got him on the ropes with that one, Keleth. 

It must be a very slow day where you are if you are reduced to writing that twaddle. 

Remember, it's only a chat forum. 

Funny, though! 

:lol:

2 hours ago, hellfire99 said:

Pffffft!   :lol:

You've got him on the ropes with that one, Keleth. 

It must be a very slow day where you are if you are reduced to writing that twaddle. 

Remember, it's only a chat forum. 

Funny, though! 

:lol:

Do you care to outline  then where Trump,Pence etc are doing a good job in handling the virus as you appear to be an expert or so I judge by your intervention here.

When I read your post I had visions of you sitting in your armchair at home and shaking your fist at your computer screen, shouting, "Come back and answer the question, you cheeky blighter!"   :lol:

Made me laugh. 

No, I'm not an expert on this whole kerfuffle. When you get the info from Balticus, what are you gonna do with it? 

Seems like it is important and needed urgently. 

Anyways, carry on with the show you guys and best wishes, 

Hf99 

HF - major child rescue ongoing in Honduras and Salvador. General Milley is badass.

Yeah, Trump wants to be a cheerleader when his job is to be the quarterback. He does not understand his job.

1.. Trump shut down the entire Global Health Security and Bio-defense agency. Yes, he did.
2.. Amid the explosive worldwide outbreak of the virus Trump proposed a 19% cut to the budget of the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention plus a 10% cut to Public Health Services and a 7% cut to Global Health Services. Those happen to be the organizations that respond to public health threats.
3.. In 2018 Trump fired Homeland Security Advisor Tom Bossart, whose job was to coordinate a response to global pandemics. He was not replaced.
4.. In 2018 Dr. Luciana Borio, the NSC director for medical and bio-defense preparedness left the job.. Trump did not replace Dr. Borio.
5.. In 2018, at Trump’s direction, the CDC stopped funding epidemic prevention activities in 39 out of 49 countries including China.
6.. In 2019 the NSC’s Senior Director for Global Health Security and bio-defense, Rear Admiral Tim Ziemer, left the position and Trump did not replace him.
7.. Trump declined to use the World Health Organization’s test like other nations.. Back in January, over a month before the first Co-vid19 case in the U.S., the Chinese posted a new mysterious virus and within a week, Berlin virologists had produced the first diagnostic test.. By the end of February, the WHO had shipped out tests to 60 countries.. Oh, but not our government.. We declined the test even as a temporary bridge until the CDC could create its own test.. The question is why?. We don’t know but what to look for is which pharmaceutical company eventually manufactures the test and who owns the stock.. Keep tuned.
8.. Trump didn’t appoint a doctor to oversee the US response to the pandemic. He appointed Mike Pence.
9.. Trump has on multiple occasions sowed doubt about the severity of the virus even using the word HOAX at events and rallies. He even did it at an event where the virus was being spread. Trump has put out zero useful information concerning the health risks of the virus.
10.. Trump pretended the virus had been contained.

source:https://finance.yahoo.com/news/we-could-have-contained-this-gop-hawks-want-to-punish-china-for-coronavirus-181819289.html

Had Trump made bold moves in mid January to restrict travel, implicate any foreign powers, or suggest that there was any type of emergency, he would have been accused of manufacturing a crisis to distract the populace from the impeachment scam.  

It is truly amazing how easily the impeachment scam is forgotten because nobody (even those who fully supported it) ever thought there was any substance behind it.  

Trump restricted flights for non-citizens from China just days before the impeachment vote.    When he restricted air travel from Schengen for non-citizens, TT turned to conspiracy theory and claimed that he spared the UK due to business interests there.   Two days later, air travel from non-Schengen Europe was also restricted. 

The US Corona data looks a lot like most western countries.   Looking at Deutsche Welle and Spiegel, one would think that the situation in the US is dramatically worse than in the EU, when it is about the same.     

Trump Derangement Syndrome.     :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, balticus said:

Looking at Deutsche Welle and Spiegel, one would think that the situation in the US is dramatically worse than in the EU, when it is about the same

Comparing it to the EU would include looking at Italy and Spain as well - which lowers the bar quite a bit, doesn´t it? Do you have any doubt that the number of unidentified cases is much higher than e. g. in Germany? Do you believe that the US did a wonderful job regarding testing - better than every other country (hint: you can see the number of tests performed/capita for each country  here: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries)? Do you believe that the whole virus story was a Democrat´s hoax? And that if it wasn´t it was still right for him to claim it was because he´s the nation´s cheerleader, after all and that his cheerleading is the right way of shutting it down?

14 minutes ago, jeba said:

Do you have any doubt that the number of unidentified cases is much higher than e. g. in Germany?

Do you have data?  If not then why would you not have doubts?  

14 minutes ago, jeba said:

Do you believe that the US did a wonderful job regarding testing - better than every other country (hint: you can see the number of tests performed/capita for each country  here: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries)

As a nationalist, you do not criticize the home team.  

Look at the proportional number of cases in Germany, Belgium, France, the Netherlands, ... and then help me understand why the German media are so focused on Trump.   Germany has a low reported  death rate, but I expect a reversion to the mean.  

The US looks close to average.  

@balticus Whose home team are you on so we can know if you are a hypocrite for callingnothers nationalists? We know it's not the US or Germany, so where do you really hail from?

Oh, and, the coronavirus in the US came from Europe so Trump's kneejerk reaction had a net zero effect, which is fitting because he is a net zero. 

You really find no fault with his piss poor pandemic preparation and absence of stockpiling. You really aren't American, are you?

Trump failed because that's what he always done in the end - fail, walk away, and spin. Here's the thing, though: You can't spin thousands of dead. You can't spin what is public knowledge.

How Did the U.S. End Up with Nurses Wearing Garbage Bags?

What they did not foresee was that the federal government might never come to the rescue. They did not realize this was a government failure by design—not a problem to be fixed but a policy choice by President Trump that either would not or could not be undone. “No one can believe it. That’s the No. 1 problem with the whole situation: the facts are known, but they are inconceivable,” Ries told me. “So we are just in denial.”

Independent reporting has corroborated what Ries and other volunteers saw for themselves: “a fragmented procurement system now descending into chaos,” as the Associated Press put it. The news agency found that not a single shipment of medical-grade N95 masks arrived at U.S. ports during the month of March. The federal government was not only disorganized; it was absent. Federal agencies waited until mid-March to begin placing bulk orders for the urgently needed supplies, the A.P. found. The first large U.S. government order to the big U.S. producer 3M, for a hundred and seventy-three million dollars’ worth of N95 masks, was not placed until March 21st—the same day that Ries got his first phone call about the Kushner effort. The order, according to the A.P., did not even require the supplies to be delivered until the end of April, far too late to help with the thousands of cases already overwhelming hospitals.