President Donald J. Trump

2,513 posts in this topic

I haven't fact checked this yet but it is most likely true -

According to the WSJ, an anonymous Trump administration official reported that the president "has told people he wants his signature to appear on the direct payment checks that will go out to many Americans in the coming weeks." This isn't the standard procedure—normally, the signature of the payment center's disbursing officer would appear on the checks.

47 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I haven't fact checked this yet but it is most likely true -

"has told people he wants his signature to appear on the direct payment checks that will go out to many Americans in the coming weeks."

Maybe he thinks the checks will be valuable as souvenirs with his signature and people won't cash them.   :D

That must be it. Surely he doesn't want to take credit for sending out billions of dollars in individual checks to the American people. Who would do that before an election?

He's doing it to save money.

We've all heard of his countless bankruptcies. Therefore, the association is that his signature is worthless.

People won't cash the cheque as they're worried it would bounce.

That way he saves the taxpayers $$$.

Oder?

The little dear.

Mailed at taxpayer expense, a flyer is arriving in everyone's mailbox here in the US, with guidelines for getting through the pandemic.

It's title is, The President's Coronavirus Guidelines for America.

He's attempting to take the credit from the scientists, negating them. This is the first CDC publication ever to have such a title.

This is the same President who a month ago was denying (sequentially) the existence of, the seriousness of, the wide-reaching effects of, the effect on the economy of, etc., COVID-19.
Trump claimed recently that this will all be over by Easter, April 12 in Western churches, but he's since then stepped back from that pronouncement.

18 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

This mook. This gaslighting projector. How dare he.

I`m sure Balticus will be along in a min to say how Democrats have been equally bad.

11 hours ago, katheliz said:

Trump claimed recently that this will all be over by Easter, April 12 in Western churches, but he's since then stepped back from that pronouncement.

Hate to do this but he didn`t actually say that.He said he hopes and wants it to  be over by Easter. 

He did hint that he wants to have businesses,churches open at Easter but not that it will be over.

2 hours ago, AlexTr said:

This mook. This gaslighting projector. How dare he.

What a clueless moron, I just hope his 'disciples' remember this in November

I think we are ll in a total immersion fremium video game.
We are all playing for free, Trump and BJ are paying to win.

What kind of president could possibly be bragging about his TV ratings at a time like this?

President Trump may be dealing with the novel coronavirus pandemic, but he apparently still has time to boast about one of his favorite topics: television ratings.

Trump went on a bit of a tweetstorm Sunday afternoon, citing a four-day-old report from The New York Times that highlighted the number of viewers tuning into his revived daily White House briefings. The president earlier tweeted that the "lamestream media," as he refers to many news sources, wants him to fail, and suggested he was driving them "crazy" with the high ratings that matched programs like The Bachelor and Monday Night Football.

here

In case ya hadn't heard, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have peaced out of Canada and are currently living in Los Angeles, where they're social-distancing along with the rest of the country. And while the royal couple never once said they were planning to lean on the U.S. government to help with their security costs, President Donald Trump hit Twitter to inform them that he'll be doing no such thing:

“I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom,” Trump tweeted. “It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada. Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!”

Meghan and Harry's representatives went ahead and put out a statement, saying '"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have no plans to ask the U.S. government for security resources. Privately funded security arrangements have been made."

They probably have more money than him.

3 hours ago, fraufruit said:

They probably have more money than him.

They might but Canada was paying for their security when they first moved there and Canadians weren't all too happy with that.  

I suppose she has better job opportunities in LA too as well as mere mortals, they might have had problems with Canada immigration.  You can stay in Canada as a visitor for up to 6 months. If you want to live there, you have to see about a work permit or permanent residency.

19 hours ago, LeonG said:

I suppose she has better job opportunities in LA too as well as mere mortals, they might have had problems with Canada immigration. 

They always wanted to live in LA close to her friends, mom and business opportunities. No big deal.