President Donald J. Trump

1,648 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, balticus said:

Outside of trying to get family leave established in the US, do you have any non-National Enquirer-esque sources that could substantiate that Ivanka makes any serious policy?  

If you really hate Trump, shouldn't there be enough factual policy disagreements to cite instead of making stuff up?

It’s a bit over the top to have Ivanka and „serious policy“ within the same sentence.  It appears that’s also what world leaders thought when she tried to insert herself in conversation with them. 

6 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

It’s a bit over the top to have Ivanka and „serious policy“ within the same sentence.  It appears that’s also what world leaders thought when she tried to insert herself in conversation with them. 

If you hate Ivanka, that is just super.    Surprised that you are attacking someone who is spearheading the initiative to make family leave mandatory.   

But you asserted (twice)  that all we need to do is talk to Ivanka to get an idea about things like the recent missile strike.   That's nonsense.  

4 hours ago, French bean said:

I'm afraid the number of articles I read from so called quality sources where the spelling is poor - American not British, grammer is poor,

grammar

Sorry couldn`t resist :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

Iran - connections to Iran - pallets of cash, etc.

Political thought in Iran from the 1970s until now is certainly not monolithic.   

If Lisa Page's mother was born in 1950 and she came to the US as a student, she was probably partial to rule under the Shah.   Strzok probably went to an international school with children of oil industry people and government workers.   Nothing remarkable. 

Around 10 years ago, i read a book by George Friedman, then of Stratfor and currently with Geopolitical Futures.    Some of his predictions about the middle east have been right on. 

Turkey has become more powerful for example, currently sending troops to Libya and expanding in other parts of Africa, asserting itself in the eastern Mediterranean, and even shooting down a Russian plane a few years ago.   Turkey currently has lots of leverage over the EU due to its ability to open the spigot and allow refugees easy access.   

He also predicted that Iran would be a lot more influential.   It asserted itself in Iraq, Syria as well as supporting proxies in Yemen and Lebanon.     In my opinion, the Obamadmin was correct to enter into talks with Iran.   Unfortunately, the deal was awful, e.g. requiring cessation of centrifuge activity with no regard for other foreign policy or military issues.   Iran could operate in Syria, S. Lebanon, Iraq, and Yemen without violating terms of the JCPOA.    It never had a chance to pass the Senate and Obama refused to put any political capital into getting it passed.   

Friedman wrote that the rising power and influence of Turkey and Iran would need to be acknowledged.   He assumed that the US would try to play the two countries off against one another.   

One thing that has changed from 10 years ago is that the US is nearly energy independent.    If the US pulls back and just lets things take their course, it would be a disaster for anyone relying on energy coming out of the middle east or having customers who power imported automobiles with middle eastern energy.     It is a bad time to have skimped on defense spending if a show of force is needed to stabilize the region.   

19 minutes ago, balticus said:

If you hate Ivanka, that is just super.    Surprised that you are attacking someone who is spearheading the initiative to make family leave mandatory.   

I can understand (although not agree with you) defending Trump as whether people like it or not he got voted in as President.

But to defend Ivanka who has done nothing other than leech off her father and now the American people staggers belief.

She`s the American equivalent of Imelda Marcos

10 minutes ago, Keleth said:

grammar

Sorry couldn`t resist :rolleyes:

Yeh, Alex has already had a laugh on the what made you laugh thread. It's called Sod's law and I drop myself in it everytime.

I don’t hate Ivanka, and I am not attacking her. But I have no respect for her. I think that she has no qualifications for advising the president, and she was given the job to keep things within the family. Her being there is nepotism pure and simple.  And I don’t happen to trust that she is spearheading the parental leave for any reason other than political expedience. 

Since I am a US citizen who does due diligence and votes I feel quite entitled to have an opinion and express it.  I make no apologies for believing that DJT and his family have been very bad for the US and the world.

9 minutes ago, Keleth said:

She`s the American equivalent of Imelda Marcos

My point exactly. It’s unconscionable that she and Jared are presidential advisors.  They have no qualifications other than family connections.  

5 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

They have no qualifications other than family connections.  

Which brings us nicely back to J²...   kind of.. :lol:

32 minutes ago, balticus said:

Strzok probably went to an international school with children of oil industry people and government workers

Strzok attended elementary school at the American School in Tehran wiki

You are showing muppetness...

1 hour ago, BethAnnBitt said:

1 hour ago, balticus said:

So...

1) If you read hate there, you are some kind of snowflake.

2) Anyone with any sense knows that Ivanka neither wrote, nor actually spearheaded, family leave for federal employees. We have their union and a few Congresspeople to thank for that.

3) There is no push to make universal family leave mandatory in the private sector in the US.

On foreign policy, Trump flouts risks that gave others pause

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is not the first American leader to have Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani in his sights, but he was the first to pull the trigger.

It’s a pattern that has emerged throughout Trump’s presidency. On a range of national security matters, he has cast aside the same warnings that gave his predecessors in both parties pause.

At times, he has simply been willing to embrace more risk. In other moments, he has questioned the validity of the warnings altogether, even from experts within his own administration. And he has publicly taken pride in doing so.

When Trump moved the U.S. Embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, a pledge others had made but ultimately backed away from, it was against the advice of aides who argued it would inflame tensions in the Middle East.

Evil goes in with both fists pounding, Good has one hand tied behind its back...

Trump: The "Gift*" that keeps on giving...

(*German+English sense of the word)

"Backlog of toxic Superfund clean-ups grows under Trump"

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration has built up the biggest backlog of unfunded toxic Superfund clean-up projects in at least 15 years, nearly triple the number that were stalled for lack of money in the Obama era, according to 2019 figures quietly released by the Environmental Protection Agency over the winter holidays.

The accumulation of Superfund projects that are ready to go except for money comes as the Trump administration routinely proposes funding cuts for Superfund and for the EPA in general. The four-decade-old Superfund program is meant to tackle some of the most heavily contaminated sites in the U.S. and Trump has declared it a priority even while seeking to shrink its budget.

2 hours ago, Janx Spirit said:

You are showing muppetness...

The Tehran American School (TAS) (1970's campus location 35.747364N 51.444194E) was an American international school in Tehran, Iran.  It was founded in 1954, and it held its final classes in 1978.[1] The school, affiliated with the U.S. Embassy in Tehran ... 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tehran_American_School

----

My point was that Strzok living in Iran is fairly unremarkable.   Page's mother's Iranian heritage is unremarkable.    No conspiracy. 

You seem to reflexively disagree with everything i write.     You are a very smart person.   :lol:

2 hours ago, BethAnnBitt said:

I don’t hate Ivanka, and I am not attacking her. But I have no respect for her. I think that she has no qualifications for advising the president, and she was given the job to keep things within the family. Her being there is nepotism pure and simple.  And I don’t happen to trust that she is spearheading the parental leave for any reason other than political expedience. 

Since I am a US citizen who does due diligence and votes I feel quite entitled to have an opinion and express it.  I make no apologies for believing that DJT and his family have been very bad for the US and the world.

Unless you have reason to believe otherwise besides National Enquirer type of speculation (hey - maybe Ivanka is Elvis's daughter!)  Ivanka does not advise on national security and trade.    She does some sort of women's entrepreneurship in addition to the family leave initiative.   She and Jared seemed to be involved on Criminal Justice reform with that Armenian American woman married to Kanye.  

You suggested that we just need to talk to Ivanka to understand what is going on and that is total nonsense.    Whether her involvement in anything is right, wrong or otherwise does not matter to me and if you do not respect her, love her, hate her or something in between is of no concern to me. 

You can express any opinion you want and i will feel free to express my opinion too.   

2 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

Didn't know

I bet you say that a lot.