President Donald J. Trump

4,065 posts in this topic

I really don't understand this person. You have all the money in the world, you have been the president of the most powerful country in the world, what else do you want? Just retire and give lectures for 100k each, like Obama does, why ruining your own reputation and behaving like a 5 years old?

My wife (zero informed about US politics): "From your description he looks like a typical Israeli man."

9 minutes ago, john_b said:

I sure hope they have hidden the nuclear codes

San Francisco will be ducking if they have not :D  

Pelosi just made sure he has no access to nukes by contacting the joint chiefs at the Pentagon. Maybe they should hide all the matches and scissors at the White House as well.

"Every moment the Americans spend on their own self-inflicted chaos helps China, it helps Putin, and, to a lesser extent, it helps the mini-dictators like [Turkish President Recep Tayyip] Erdogan and [Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor] Orban, who breathe cynicism about politics, human rights, and democracy as their air," the official said. "They won't miss Trump; they'll be glad to see his drama leave so they can enjoy the poisoned political climate."

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-attempted-coup-federal-law-enforcement-capitol-police-2021-1

Interesting piece of opinion: NATO allies are sure this was a coup attempt supported by some fed gov officials. However, the goal of this coup was not to overthrow the government (this is impossible at the moment), and no one wanted this actually. The goal was to damage the reputation of the US as the most stable democracy in the world.

5 hours ago, yourkeau said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-attempted-coup-federal-law-enforcement-capitol-police-2021-1

Interesting piece of opinion: NATO allies are sure this was a coup attempt supported by some fed gov officials. However, the goal of this coup was not to overthrow the government (this is impossible at the moment), and no one wanted this actually. The goal was to damage the reputation of the US as the most stable democracy in the world.

My favorite Youtuber, who is ex-Special Forces/ex-“security contractor”, and has direct experience with destabilizing/destabilized governments, said yesterday that:  yes, this was absolutely a coup attempt, and the only reason it failed is because the organizers did not get the military support they hoped for.

His opinion is that if we are not vigilant, the next Trump-style authoritarian to get into office will not make the same mistakes that Trump made with the military, and will have a very good chance of pulling off a coup.

I hope he is wrong.  Unfortunately, I think he is not.

35 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

My favorite Youtuber, who is ex-Special Forces/ex-“security contractor”, and has direct experience with destabilizing/destabilized governments

You lost me at "my favorite Youtuber". Have you verified his qualifications?

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

You lost me at "my favorite Youtuber". Have you verified his qualifications?

Yep.  In his younger years, he was Florida Man.   :lol:

EDIT:  Just for reference - I was acquainted with the guy back in the day.  I was a competition skydiver based in North Carolina.  Our team’s coach was a Golden Knight (Chris Talbert, who is these days also Florida Man), and we trained at Raeford, which is where the Golden Knights and the Special Forces did their aerial training. 

So, I know who that guy is.  Hope that helps.

5 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

My favorite Youtuber, who is ex-Special Forces/ex-“security contractor”, and has direct experience with destabilizing/destabilized governments, said yesterday that:  yes, this was absolutely a coup attempt, and the only reason it failed is because the organizers did not get the military support they hoped for.

Well, even military support is not enough. Remember the last failed coup in Turkey?

No photo description available.

Hot air alone won't do it: I hope they keep his grabby hands off the blanket.

There's a simple reason why Twitter's ban on Trump cannot be overturned :P

138048897_10159147116442359_672151120272046627_n.jpg

7 hours ago, john_b said:

There's a simple reason why Twitter's ban on Trump cannot be overturned :P

138048897_10159147116442359_672151120272046627_n.jpg

It is funny how many people who have argued that a private company can choose their customers have either forgotten they said that, or have just gone quiet.

It is almost as if they are just full of brown stuff.