President Donald J. Trump

2,850 posts in this topic

kal.jpg?resize=600%2C485

Here's the original, a couple of lawyers who were incensed that a BLM protest was making its way through their St. Louis MO neighborhood.

St. Louis Couple Points Guns At Protesters — Was It Legal? | St ...

This is a very real possibility, especially as the Dems have encouraged ANTIFA to riot and take over the streets.

What if Trump loses but insists he won?

I was on Team Trump and, needless to say, we did not concede defeat. Instead, we went to work, ruthlessly and unscrupulously, utilizing every ounce of power at our disposal, to secure the 10 electoral college votes to swing the election.

While this was going on, chaos reigned in the streets, with pro- and anti-Trump activists mobilizing massive protests and violence erupting. Democrats believed that mass protests could force the government to respect the election outcome. But, as Team Trump, we calculated that such chaos would help persuade the Supreme Court to intervene to shut down the dispute.

i expect a civil war on Nov 3rd. Trump won't concede and The Dems will riot, the real losers will be inner city blacks as chaos murder and mayhem engulf the streets. I can see the military intervention at this point. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/07/06/what-if-trump-loses-insists-he-won/

20 hours ago, katheliz said:

Here's the original, a couple of lawyers who were incensed that a BLM protest was making its way through their St. Louis MO neighborhood.

St. Louis Couple Points Guns At Protesters — Was It Legal? | St ...

Lawyers?! Perhaps that explains what I'd been wondering about. I was amazed when it said on the news that they were standing in front of their home. How could they afford it, I wondered. It's huge!

4 hours ago, Rushrush said:

This is a very real possibility, especially as the Dems have encouraged ANTIFA to riot and take over the streets.

I was on Team Trump and, needless to say, we did not concede defeat. Instead, we went to work, ruthlessly and unscrupulously, utilizing every ounce of power at our disposal, to secure the 10 electoral college votes to swing the election.

While this was going on, chaos reigned in the streets, with pro- and anti-Trump activists mobilizing massive protests and violence erupting. Democrats believed that mass protests could force the government to respect the election outcome. But, as Team Trump, we calculated that such chaos would help persuade the Supreme Court to intervene to shut down the dispute.

i expect a civil war on Nov 3rd. Trump won't concede and The Dems will riot, the real losers will be inner city blacks as chaos murder and mayhem engulf the streets. I can see the military intervention at this point. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/07/06/what-if-trump-loses-insists-he-won/

I tend to see any rule, law or moral check is only as good and valid as the people who enforce said things.
If Trump loses and refuses to step down then he will only be removed if people follow/enforce any of the laws/rules that mandate he should step down.

If no one does, then what can anyone do. This is why dictators the world over and through the ages place their people in such positions so that they cannot be removed.

I'm not saying trump is a dictator by any means, that isn't my point.
If no one enforces a law, then it just stops being in effect. Good examples are the law that says cars have to be parked a certain distance from the pavement in the UK and all the east German border guards who ignored their standing orders to shoot people trying to cross the border way back in 1989 (that's from memory).

How it would go if Trump did lose and refused to step down, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

13 hours ago, Rushrush said:

Not sure how old you are, but this scenario was under speculation for George W and Obama as well and has zero chance of happening. 

By design, he American President is a weak executive with much less power proportionally than most national leaders.    The illusion that he is all powerful and able to rule by decree is simply political spin.    

That's true. But, given Trump's limited understanding of the country's laws and Constitution, he may think he could get away with it.

it could use the pandemic as an excuse to declare martial law, mobilize the national guard to restrict movement and thus shut down the polling centers and conventions. We would have to wait and see how that would affect the electoral college. How that would affect the change of power when Joe wins also remains to be seen.

my irrational fear is that it resigns or is forced out and Dunce sweeps in and 'saves the day' .

stranger things have happened. 

"Trump taxes: Supreme Court says New York prosecutors can see records"

Mr Trump is the first president since Richard Nixon in the 1970s not to have made his tax returns public.

His lawyers had argued that he enjoys total immunity while in office and that Congress had no valid justification to seek the records.

Two Democrat-controlled House of Representatives committees and New York District Attorney Cyrus Vance - also a Democrat - had demanded several years' worth of Mr Trump's taxes in order to determine whether current conflict-of-interest laws on a US president were tough enough.

Mr Trump, a Republican, denies wrongdoing and has called the investigation into his tax affairs a "witch hunt".

"The Supreme Court sends case back to Lower Court, arguments to continue. This is all a political prosecution," he wrote in a series of tweets following the court rulings.

the Supreme Court ruled by a majority of seven to two that the president did not have absolute immunity from criminal investigation.

"Two hundred years ago, a great jurist of our Court established that no citizen, not even the President, is categorically above the common duty to produce evidence when called upon in a criminal proceeding," the court said.

"We reaffirm that principle today."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53353953

Aww, Trumper tantrum...

14 hours ago, Janx Spirit said:

"Trump taxes: Supreme Court says New York prosecutors can see records"

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53353953

Aww, Trumper tantrum...

The Supreme Court voted seven to two.  To me it is very worrying that there are two people there thinking the president has total immunity to any sort of crime.

13 minutes ago, Krieg said:

The Supreme Court voted seven to two.  To me it is very worrying that there are two people there thinking the president has total immunity to any sort of crime.

Alito and Thomas voting party line is not new. That Thomas voted exactly the opposite way in Jones v. Clinton is something. 

Trump's frustrated-toddler behavior has turned the Oval Office into the Womper Room.

Roger Stone: Critics blast Trump for commuting ex-adviser's jail term

Leading Democrats have condemned US President Donald Trump's decision to commute the prison sentence of his former adviser and friend Roger Stone.

Presidential contender Joe Biden's spokesman accused Mr Trump of abuse of power and "laying waste" to US values.

The move - sparing Stone from jail but not a pardon - came just after a court denied Stone's request to delay the start date of his 40-month prison term.

He was convicted of lying to Congress, obstruction and witness tampering.

Stone was the sixth Trump aide found guilty on charges linked to a justice department probe that alleged Russia tried to boost the Trump 2016 campaign.

The 67-year-old had been due to report to a federal prison in Jesup, Georgia, next Tuesday.

Cohen is being returned to prison to hinder completion of his book and Mary Trump's book is released on Tuesday. not gonna be  a good week for it.