President Donald J. Trump

2,820 posts in this topic

Better title for this thread? Inspired by the latest addition to my German vocabulary:

Evolutionsbremse.

Someone who puts the breaks on evolution due to their very existence, which embodies so much stupidity that it slows the advancement of the species down.

(Definition from The Local.)

11 hours ago, Feierabend said:

Better title for this thread? Inspired by the latest addition to my German vocabulary:

Evolutionsbremse.

Someone who puts the breaks on evolution due to their very existence, which embodies so much stupidity that it slows the advancement of the species down.

(Definition from The Local.)

Just  noticed the spelling mistake, damn. Irritates the pedant in me.

Just now, Feierabend said:

Just  noticed the spelling mistake, damn. Irritates the pedant in me.

Don't worry about it. Them's the brakes.

In another thread "steaks" instead of "stakes", her "breaks" instead of "brakes".

The weather shows that the climate is changing and here we see how the English language is changing.

Trump keeps calling the Coronavirus as the China Virus, Kung Flu, etc, but considering how things are developing, maybe the whole world will manage to control the virus except the USA because there are way too many people rejecting the basics like social distancing and wearing masks in crowded places.  So since it seems possible that you do not develop long term immunity even after been infected, I guess the virus could circle forever in the USA and with the time people will call it the Trump Virus and The Donald will finally have his legacy.

Maybe not the resounding defense one would make if they really believed in their boss.

'The President Does Read' Says WH Spox Kaylie McEnany

The White House denies Trump was ever briefed on the intelligence, but the AP reported that former National Security Advisor John Bolton told staffers that he had briefed Trump on the intelligence in March 2019 and that it was written in the President's Daily Brief.

The New York Times additionally reported it was written in the intelligence briefing materials in February of this year, with their initial report saying the intelligence was discussed at an interagency meeting the following month.

Rep. Michael McCaul (R-Texas), who was briefed on the report along with seven other Republican members of Congress on Monday, told NBC News, "I believe it may have been" written in the President's Daily Brief. 

As reported by the Washington Post in 2018, Trump isn't known to read his intelligence reports, and in late 2017, the paper reported that Russian-related information is often relegated to the written briefing and not raised verbally as to not upset Trump and derail meetings.

Asked if the Russian bounty intelligence was written in the President's Daily Brief but he didn't read it, McEnany said, "The president does read and also consumes intelligence verbally. This president, I'll tell you, is the most informed person on planet earth when it comes to the threats that we face."

Well, since we know Kayleigh has no issue lying for Trump, maybe we just decide it's best not to believe her.

The Mueller Report will never go away and can and will be released by the next administration.

new batch of interview summaries from special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into the 2016 election was released on Tuesday in response to Freedom of Information Act lawsuits by BuzzFeed News and CNN.

Key Takeaways:

• Former Trump campaign manager Steve Bannon said that Trump frequently asked about Hillary Clinton’s missing emails and wondered if they could help prove conspiracy theories linking her to an illicit uranium deal. Bannon wondered if former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn could help find those emails.
  • Bannon expressed mistrust of the political consultant Roger Stone, calling him a “nasty piece of work” and saying he had leaked damaging information to the press in order to get former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski removed, making room for his friend Paul Manafort.
  • A male witness whose name was redacted wasn’t surprised when FBI agents showed up at his home. He asked if the agents were there to inquire about the campaign, and about Erik Prince, a military contractor and unofficial adviser to Trump’s campaign. The witness is quoted as saying, “Fuck, fuck, I knew you guys would come, it was so fucked up.”
  • The witness said that Trump said he wasn’t impressed with Russian President Vladimir Putin and noted the Russian president was “only 5'6".”
  • An unnamed witness said that in early 2017, months after resigning from Trump’s campaign, Manafort mentioned a plan to convince the incoming president of Ecuador to expel Julian Assange from the Ecuadorian Embassy in London “in order to gain favor with the U.S.” (The New York Times and others previously reported on the plan.) The witness didn’t know if Manafort followed through.
  • An unidentified witness described seeing Donald Trump Jr. snapping his fingers at someone he thought was a Secret Service agent. The witness also said Trump snapped his fingers at Manafort and Lewandowski because he wanted a Diet Coke.
  • These documents appear to confirm that Charlie Black, a veteran Republican political strategist who began a political consulting firm with Manafort and Stone, spoke with Mueller’s team. The witness, whose name was redacted, “does not trust Manafort and would not believe his version of events,” the summary read.
  • Leading up to Manafort’s first federal indictment — along with former deputy campaign manager Rick Gates — in late October 2017, friends of the lobbyist decided to help him by circulating a biography of him to elected officials and the press. Manafort himself wrote the biography, which appears to include the claim that none “of the public affairs activities” that he organized “were conducted in the United States.”
  • Of the 63 interviews in today’s release, only three are of named individuals: one interview with former Trump adviser Steve Bannon and two interviews with Greg Craig, a former Obama White House counsel who was charged in relation to Mueller’s investigation. The rest are redacted, though it’s unclear if they represent 60 individuals or a smaller number of people who were interviewed multiple times.
  • A witness whose name was redacted on privacy grounds said people in Trump’s “orbit” didn’t care whom they hurt, believed their “deep state narrative,” “read books like ‘The Turner Diaries,’” and “downloaded military manuals from the internet.”

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

Maybe not the resounding defense one would make if they really believed in their boss.

'The President Does Read' Says WH Spox Kaylie McEnany

Well, since we know Kayleigh has no issue lying for Trump, maybe we just decide it's best not to believe her.

Unfortunately, she might be correct and he is the most informed person on the planet when it comes to threats; however, this doesn't mean he comprehends what he is told or reads.  Informing a brick wall might have the same effect, but there is no expectation of action with a wall.

During one of my last meetings with senior leaders, I briefed a complex technical threat and mitigation plan required for a construction project.  After over two hours of going over the same material several times and answering dozens of unrelated questions, I had to finally admit that I could explain it to them, but I couldn't understand it for them.  I suspect the Cheerleader in Chief has a limited desire or capability to comprehend complex issues.

6 hours ago, JG52 said:

Unfortunately, she might be correct and he is the most informed person on the planet when it comes to threats; however, this doesn't mean he comprehends what he is told or reads.  Informing a brick wall might have the same effect, but there is no expectation of action with a wall.

It's been brought to the public through various sources that Trump is not a big reader so doesn't actually read his daily briefing reports.  They actually had to change the daily briefings for him to be more visual (crayon, sharpie, whatever) in order to keep him interested.  Another thing, the guy who wrote the Art of the Deal spent months with Trump in order to collect material for the book and he claimed that he has a 5 minute attention span.  He had started off with a plan of doing short interviews with him but had to change it to just hang out at his office instead and grabbing bits of information where he could.  Third, Trump was born rich and he's never had to endure anyone telling him no.  Tell him no, you're fired.  Tell him something he doesn't like, fired.  So even if somebody dared to tell him that his buddy Putin is not really his friend, odds are he said it's fake news and he'll believe what he wants to believe.

A lawsuit against Donald Trump can move forward after the president declared that he still lives in New York on a call with the nation’s governors.

Writer E Jean Carroll is suing Mr Trump for defamation after he denied her allegations that he raped her in a New York department store in the mid-1990s and called her a liar.

The president’s lawyers claimed that the case could not be pursued in Manhattan Supreme Court as he does not live there, having been resident in Washington, DC, since January 2017, and having legally changed his residency to Florida in 2019.

However, on his recent call with state governors in which he urged them to “dominate” protesters in the streets of cities as unrest grew following the death of George Floyd, he said that he was particularly appalled at what he had seen taking pace in his hometown of New York.

“I live in Manhattan,” he said.

On 15 June, Ms Carroll’s lawyer, Roberta Kaplan, argued in a letter to the court that Mr Trump’s statement invalidated his lawyer’s claims.

The motion put forward by Mr Trump’s lawyer, Patrick McPartland, has now been withdrawn.

Ms Carroll thanked her supporters on Twitter: “Because you retweeted his call to the Governors when he bragged ‘I live in Manhattan,' his lawyers dropped the claim I can’t sue him cuz he’s not a resident of New York!”.

here

Why does this sound so familiar? I can't quite put my finger on it.

- If there is ever a scenario in which Russia puts a bounty on US troops, how would you respond?

DONALD TRUMP: First of all, they'd hear about it. But we never heard about it. Because intelligence never found it to be of that level. The intelligence people didn't even, many of them didn't believe it happened at all. I think it's a hoax. I think it's a hoax by the newspapers and the Democrats.

here

5 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Why does this sound so familiar? I can't quite put my finger on it.

here

Whadda guy...

"DONALD TRUMP: I mean, I'd have no problem. Actually, I had a mask on. I sort of like the way I looked, OK? I thought it was OK. It was a dark black mask, and I thought it looked OK. I looked like the Lone Ranger. "