President Donald J. Trump

4,065 posts in this topic

I know you're cynical, Keleth, and you have every right to be as an outsider to U.S. politics. But I still have faith in my country and my fellow Americans.

With Trump revisiting the Spanish flu pandemic of 1918, the Great Depression of 1929, and the race riots of 1968 and 1992 all in one year - but with Americans of all creeds and colors marching in unison against police brutality in all 50 states in 2020 - I think we've reached a turning point.

Vast swathes of America are no longer willing to forgive Trump's constant lawbreaking and misgovernment.

24 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Vast swathes of America are no longer willing to forgive Trump's constant lawbreaking and misgovernment

Yer but that doesn`t mean the Democrats aren`t willing to.

2 hours ago, Keleth said:

Yer but that doesn`t mean the Democrats aren`t willing to.

I mean this in only the nicest possible way, but bitch, please.

There are corrupt politicians everywhere, but you only get this systemic kind of lawbreaking and disregard for societal norms from one side. It started with Mitch McConnell's refusal to allow Merrick Garland's SCOTUS nomination go through in the last year of Obama's term, because reasons, and has gone downhill ever since.

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

I`m of the school of thought nothing will happen to them,in fact many of them will keep on working in Congress or wherever.

You are probably right but I think it's possible that they'll pick out a couple of the worst and make an example of them but most will probably just continue on.

Just look at this disheveled, broken POS doing his walk of shame from LOLCOPTER-1 to the White House:

I saw a comment on another site that compared it to Hitler leaving the 1936 Olympics after Jesse Owens won all the things.

Even the most devoted MAGAt will have to admit that their dream strongman is a weak little bunker bitch.

Violence Inciter in Chief -

Amid protests over the killings of Black citizens that have lasted almost a month, President Trump retweeted videos of Black men attacking white victims in separate incidents — one of which occurred last year — while wondering why they did not spark protests like the nationwide demonstrations over the death of George Floyd. ...

here

Apples and oranges, anyone?

From your link:

Floyd was killed in May by a Minneapolis police officer who pinned him to the ground by kneeling on his neck, and the protests that ensued were directed at official acts of brutality against Black people, or those specifically motivated by racism, not random episodes of violence. 

I don´t see proof that it was racially motivated. It seems that police training and behaviour is a problem which can affect anyone in then US, Such as this white guy who suffered a fate very similiar to Floyd´s: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/investigations/2019/07/31/you-re-gonna-kill-me-dallas-police-body-cam-footage-reveals-the-final-minutes-of-tony-timpa-s-life/

9 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Trump administration asks Supreme Court to overturn Obamacare.

In the middle of a pandemic...

With no replacement plan...

Because he wants the poor and the disabled to die...

He's trash to the end.

Although that is a by product of ending Obamacare it`s not the real reason as such.

He just wants to overturn it because it was Obama who introduced it and he want`s health companies and his friends to get richer and fuck the consequences of it.

26 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Because he wants the poor and the disabled to die...

How do you know that´s his motivation?