President Donald J. Trump

2,690 posts in this topic

I guess all of our eyes deceived us. Not only did Trump have a mask on when he toured the Honeywell plant on Wed., he actually had 5 masks.

President Donald Trump reacted Wednesday to criticism he received for not wearing a mask during a Tuesday tour of a factory that produces them, saying he was wearing a mask “backstage.”

“I actually did have one, no. I put a mask on, yeah. I had a mask on for a period of time,” he said when asked by a reporter about not wearing one. When the reporter observed he didn’t see the president in the mask, Trump replied, “I can’t help it if you didn’t see me.”

He went on, “I had a mask on but I didn’t need it and I asked, specifically, the head of Honeywell, ‘Should I wear a mask?’ And he said, ‘Well, you don’t need one in this territory.'”

Trump concluded he did wear a Honeywell mask, a 3-M mask and “about four other masks,” which he wore “backstage,” then lambasted the reporter for “criticizing” him.

“There’s nothing I can do to satisfy the media, the Democrats or the fake news and I understand that,” he lamented.

His lack of facial covering, which is required at the factory, was noted quickly Tuesday, as was the song playing during his tour: “Live and Let Die.” Predictably, online reaction was swift and stunned, and that bled over into Wednesday morning’s coverage of the event, too.

“Morning Joe” co-hosts Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough called attention to it, with Scarborough demanding, “Where’s his mask?”

Trump claims he did wear a mask during his Honeywell tour but that nobody saw it because he had it on "backstage"

"I did put a mask on and it was a Honeywell mask, actually. They also had a 3M mask and I had about four other masks…"

And the Honeywell factory has a backstage. 

I noticed that one of the men showing Trump around the factory picked out a mask from a box of seemingly partially manufactured masks, handled it to demonstrate something to Trump, then put it back in the box. All with bare hands (and while talking without wearing a mask).

Seen here from around 2 mins 30 secs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOkoxTmfKVo

Later in the video (around 4 mins) factory workers can be seen bagging up new complete masks and they're wearing masks and gloves.

I wonder if the factory's hygiene standards are inconsistent or if there are justifiably different standards at different stages of the process.

A self-confessed guilty man goes free under the wannabe authoritarian administration of Trump.

It comes even though prosecutors for the past three years have maintained that Flynn lied to the FBI in a January 2017 interview about his conversations with the Russian ambassador.

Flynn pleaded guilty that December, among the first of the president’s aides to admit guilt in Mueller’s investigation. He acknowledged that he lied about his conversations with Kislyak, in which he encouraged Russia not to retaliate against the U.S. for sanctions imposed by the Obama administration over election interference.

He provided such extensive cooperation that prosecutors said he was entitled to a sentence of probation instead of prison.

Yeah, let's see how this plays out.

14 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

A self-confessed guilty man goes free under the wannabe authoritarian administration of Trump.

Yeah, let's see how this plays out.

some of us know quite a bit. Q post 3063:

Q !!mG7VJxZNCI ID: b35117 No.5681798 📁
Mar 14 2019 14:12:08 (EST)
REMEMBER THIS IMPORTANT FACT.
ADAM SCHIFF IS PART OF THE 'GANG OF EIGHT' (INTEL).
IT WILL BECOME CRITICAL ONCE 'GANG OF EIGHT' MATERIAL IS DECLASSIFIED.
LOGICAL Q: IF ADAM SCHIFF 'KNEW' EVERYTHING HE'S INVESTIGATING AND STATING PUBLICLY TO BE KNOWINGLY 'FALSE' [DISINFORMATION] WHY THEN WOULD HE TAKE THE COURSE OF ACTION(S) (ONGOING)?
DID ADAM SCHIFF PURPOSELY DECEIVE THE AMERICAN PUBLIC 'THINKING' THE 'GANG OF EIGHT' MATERIAL + OTHER CLASSIFIED DOCUMENTATION WOULD NEVER REACH THE PUBLIC DOMAIN?
WHAT 'INSURANCE' DID THEY HANG OVER POTUS' HEAD IN ORDER TO PREVENT ACTION?
A FATHER'S LOVE FOR HIS CHILDREN KNOWS NO BOUNDS.
Q

Important words

The request to drop the case, filed with a federal judge in DC District Court on Thursday, is a sudden end to a protracted legal battle that's lately been fertile ground for Trump to attack the early Russia investigation and former FBI leadership he dislikes.

The court must still formally approve the request.

Van Grack, who prosecuted Flynn, is off the case. Oh dear.

1 hour ago, jeremytwo said:

Van Grack, who prosecuted Flynn, is off the case. Oh dear.

Maybe he`s pissed off with a man who pled guilty getting off ?

Oh dear (this has no meaning in this post but it also has no meaning in every post of yours so thought I`d use it)

2 hours ago, balticus said:

DOJ dropping Flynn Case

https://apnews.com/ae1ad252bb13490db2ceffc5d17b6d92

Rick Grenell has demanded that Adam Schiff release transcripts from the Russia investigation.   Grenell will release them if Schiff doesn't.  

It is truly unfortunate that the "Domino" thread was closed.   

Schiff for Brains is in deep Schiff. Those transcripts will show that the "whistleblower" among whom no one was allowed to say is Eric Ciamarella, had absolutely nothing on Trump to warrant impeachment. Once the transcripts come out, all his activity is coming out - footage of him with pervert Ed Buck, what he did at the Standard Hotel in California (I don't know the entire story but that will shock everyone as it is disgusting). 

Some of you are going to need  a strong stomach when you see the photos coming out. Luckily idiots at Google were tricked into developing software to detect "deep fakes"! :)

On the "be careful what you wish for" track, Schiff releases transcripts. The photos and links are in my posts above. For those posters who think this was a Democratic stall job, isn't actually fucking knowing things from verifiable sources easier than watching endless videos about dumbass conspiracy theories? 

More than two years after Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee brought the panel's investigation into Russia's 2016 election interference to a close, the committee has released transcripts of 57 closed-door interviews with witnesses in the saga that captivated — and divided — Washington for months.

The transcripts span more than 6,000 pages and include interviews with some of the key figures in the committee's Russia probe, including Donald Trump, Jr.Hope HicksSteve Bannon and Jared Kushner. They offer the most granular look to date at some of the central characters and controversies surrounding President Trump, his 2016 presidential campaign and the government officials who investigated both.

Their release comes several days after Acting Director of National Intelligence Richard Grenell wrote a letter to Democratic Representative Adam Schiff, the committee's chairman, saying the transcripts had been reviewed for classified material and were ready to be made public. Schiff blamed the White House for the delay in releasing the transcripts publicly.

"These transcripts should have been released long before now, but the White House held up their release to the public by refusing to allow the Intelligence Community to make redactions on the basis of classified information, rather than White House political interests," Schiff said in a statement Thursday. "Only now, and during a deadly pandemic, has the President released his hold on this damning information and evidence."

In April of 2018, the committee released a redacted report drafted by Republicans summarizing the committee's findings from its year-long investigation. The report was accompanied by the Democrats' dissenting minority views, detailed in a 98-page document.

Republicans said they had found "no evidence of collusion, coordination or conspiracy between the Trump campaign and the Russians," and declared the case closed, even as parallel investigations by special counsel Robert Mueller and the Senate Intelligence Committee continued. (Mueller did not find a criminal conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia but described a pattern of interactions between the two; the Senate committee is expected to issue its final volume of findings on the matter later this year.)

Five months later, in September of 2018, both Republicans and Democrats on the committee voted to publicly release the witness transcripts, with a small handful of exceptions and pending a classification review by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI). Months later, the review process appeared to be stalled as the committee, by then led by the Democrats, objected to ODNI sharing a subset of those transcripts with the White House.

Schiff said the transcripts were the property of the committee and that the White House should not be given the opportunity to claim "overly expansive" privilege to "claw back" information that had been provided to Congress.

The impasse persisted as impeachment hearings into Mr. Trump began and leadership at ODNI was shuffled. It appeared to lift on May 4, when Grenell informed Schiff that the review process had been completed and the transcripts were ready for release. "Pursuant to your guidance," Grenell wrote, the contested transcripts "have not been shared with the White House."

As reported on Fox News.

Acting Director of National Intelligence Richard Grenell has told House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff that transcripts from the panel’s Russia probe are cleared for public release, as House Republicans demand access to the materials.

Grenell penned a letter -- obtained by Fox News -- this week to Schiff, D-Calif., notifying him that transcripts of all 53 interviews -- which add up to more than 6,000 pages in total -- related to foreign interference in the 2016 election can be released.

“All of the transcripts, with our required redactions, can be released to the public without any concerns of disclosing classified material,” Grenell wrote to Schiff in a letter dated May 4.

The committee, in September 2018, voted in “unanimous and bipartisan fashion” to release the transcripts of witness interviews that they conducted during the panel’s Russia probe. In November 2018, the committee transmitted the transcripts to the Office of the Director of National Intelligence for an “interagency classification review to prevent the inadvertent disclosure of classified information.”

Grenell, in the letter to Schiff, said that the review of 43 of the 53 transcripts “was completed in June 2019.”

“As of today, the interagency review of the remaining ten transcripts has been completed, as well,” Grenell wrote, adding that “pursuant to your guidance, these transcripts have not been shared with the White House.”

“In the interests of transparency and accountability, I urge you to honor your previous public statements, and your Committee’s unanimous vote on this matter, to release all 53 cleared transcripts to all Members of Congress and the American public as soon as possible,” Grenell wrote, while adding that he was “willing” to release the transcripts directly from ODNI “as to ensure we comply with the unanimous and bipartisan vote to release the transcripts.”

So, to review:

Grennell didn't finish the review until *checks notes* May 4th and Schiff began releasing the reviewed transcripts on *checks further notes* May 7th, but ODNI took over two years to get this done and the DEMOCRATIC PARTY is the problem? How willfully obtuse must one be to believe that full on pile of horseshit?

Memo to the cheap seats: always read source material lest you look like the ignorant bumpkins you may well be.

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

On the "be careful what you wish for" track, Schiff releases transcripts. The photos and links are in my posts above. For those posters who think this was a Democratic stall job, isn't actually fucking knowing things from verifiable sources easier than watching endless videos about dumbass conspiracy theories? 

As reported on Fox News.

So, to review:

Grennell didn't finish the review until *checks notes* May 4th and Schiff began releasing the reviewed transcripts on *checks further notes* May 7th, but ODNI took over two years to get this done and the DEMOCRATIC PARTY is the problem? How willfully obtuse must one be to believe that full on pile of horseshit?

Memo to the cheap seats: always read source material lest you look like the ignorant bumpkins you may well be.

You seem worried.   When you don't like your odds, you include lots of personal insults and post longer texts.  

Reminds me of the "Domino" thread. 

You never learn.   :lol:

I see today is wishful thinking day for @balticus. Quick questions: Why did you misrepresent the facts in this situation?  Was the timeline not obvious to you or did you just not know...again?

1 minute ago, AlexTr said:

I see today is wishful thinking day for @balticus. Quick questions: Why did you misrepresent the facts in this situation?  Was the timeline not obvious to you or did you just not know...again?

Facts? You do know "your people" are gonna press AG Barr to disclose documentation and do you know exactly what he has? It's known as DECLAS and will expose all the dirty shenanigans the Five Eyes Intel agencies have done worldwide against Trump. That includes Britain's MI6. Uranium One, Ukraine, all. Gonna be a hell of a show.