President Donald J. Trump

2,707 posts in this topic

I prefer the neutral title. :)

Looking forward to an interesting and challenging discussion with a wide range of viewpoints offered. 

33 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

I prefer the neutral title. :)

Looking forward to an interesting and challenging discussion with a wide range of viewpoints offered. 

Jane, you ignorant slut

Well, I think EB is saying that this is a thread about Trump and that:

- The thread is not about Jeffrey Epstein.

- The thread is not about insane conspiracy theories like QAnon and Pizzagate.

- The thread is not about Joe Biden or Hunter Biden.

- The thread is not about Hillary Clinton.

- The thread is not about your feelings.

On to posting about the expository impeachment hearings and how they reflect negatively on Trump and his party.

10 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

On to posting about the expository impeachment hearings and how they reflect negatively on Trump and his party.

Splendid.

Moving into week 2 of the impeachment hearings in the House, Trump has obviated his personal sense of guilt by lashing out at and attempting to intimidate witnesses.

Sondland will definitely try to figure out which is more terrifying - Trump being angry at him or several years of peeing in a stainless steel toilet.

Top aide to Pence called Trump's phone call with Zelensky inappropriate and related to his personal agenda and not the diplomatic ends of the United States.

And Tim Morrison shot the "hearsay" defense all to hell by overhearing in a public place the exact words of Trump himself. 

ETA: I have one big ask here: if you are not familiar with the machinations of this process, please don't say dumb things about it like "why can't Trump have lawyers?" or "why don't the minority party get all the witnesses they want?" This information is better covered in a thread where you can ask questions and people can educate you about how this works, for example the flummoxed thread.

22 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Moving into week 2 of the impeachment hearings in the House, Trump has obviated his personal sense of guilt by lashing out at and attempting to intimidate witnesses.

Getting this one out of the way ahead of time, I see:

jennifer_williams_who_dat.JPG.324db9b3e4

For the record, "whoever that is" is a close aide to Trump's own VP (and man who thinks mayonnaise is too spicy) Mike Pence. She's the one referred to here:

22 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Of course he doesn't know her - she probably just brought him coffee once or twice. She's slated to testify live on air on Tuesday.

So. Much. Fizzle.

48 minutes ago, CincyInDE said:

Jane, you ignorant slut

The role of comedy is an interesting aspect in any discussion regarding Trump.

It is very clever - but I wonder if it is too clever? Trump is a man of simple words.  Voters may not agree with everything he stands for, but he is clear in what he communicates and at least they understand what they are voting for.

23 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

Voters may not agree with everything he stands for, but he is clear in what he communicates and at least they understand what they are voting for.

Really? I mean, seriously?

Trump says "drain the swamp" and then builds the most corrupt cabinet in decades? He says he's going to get "the best people", but all his former aides keep getting sent to jail? He says "I love Hispanics" and then says Mexicans are rapists and murderers? He says "trade wars are good and easy to win" and has to bail out farmers to the tune of $28 billion? I could go on and on, but I think you get the point.

Wait, let me correct that - I think everyone else gets the point. You and j², I'm not so sure.

30 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

Voters may not agree with everything he stands for, but he is clear in what he communicates and at least they understand what they are voting for.

Can you defend this with verifiable facts? Otherwise, this is just an unsupported feeling you have and worth as little as anyone else's feelings, for example, the feelings of the people who make J2's videos. 

I'm extremely saddened that Uncle Nick's Trump thread has been shut down. OK, got that out of the way.

President Donald Trump on Sunday retweeted a message from his son Eric touting the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C. The double promotion with White House clout occurred at the same time that the Trump family is slamming Hunter Biden for allegedly profiting from father Joe Biden’s role as vice president by serving on the board of a Ukrainian energy company.

The retweet infuriated Walter Shaub, former head of the U.S. Office of Government Ethics for former President Barack Obama and Trump. “Definitely not trying to profit off the presidency at all,” he noted sarcastically...

the rest of the story

President Donald Trump on Sunday hailed the new round of billions of dollars in taxpayer subsidies to help struggling farmers survive his trade war with China. But his praise follows a troubling report that the trade aid — a total over two years of $28 billion — is being disproportionately doled out to farmers in Trump-supporting southern states, and being paid to the largest, wealthiest farms and foreign corporations.

the rest

3 hours ago, AlexTr said:

Can you defend this with verifiable facts? Otherwise, this is just an unsupported feeling you have and worth as little as anyone else's feelings, for example, the feelings of the people who make J2's videos. 

Here is a starting point for you to set parameters with the book Theories and Effects of Political Humor

https://www.oxfordhandbooks.com/view/10.1093/oxfordhb/9780199793471.001.0001/oxfordhb-9780199793471-e-29

Let me know when you are finished and we can move on building up positions and arguments. Political humo(u)r is a facinating topic in general with significant consequences in political areas througout time and then we can go on to look at receivership in various contemporary social and regional contexts.

I am happy to discuss any comment I make, but in principle I am not open to being dictated to as to what is appropriate or not appropriate on this thread. Mr Trump is a global phenomenon and the effects of his actions have global inpact. I do not have the insight to act as judge and jury here on a such global topic and I see no evidence yet that anyone else here does. In fact such high handedness is something I would not be unsurprised to see from Mr Trump himself.

@Kommentarlos So your answer to my question is, no, you do not have any support for your position. Thanks. That's the most likely result of any conversation with you.

Well, now, we're only two weeks into the public testimony and already 70% of Americans think Trump's actions were wrong and 51% think he should be impeached and removed. That is if you really want to know how the AMERICAN people feel.

An overwhelming 70% of Americans think President Donald Trump’s request to a foreign leader to investigate his political rival, which sits at the heart of the House of Representatives' impeachment inquiry, was wrong, a new ABC News/Ipsos poll finds.

A slim majority of Americans, 51%, believe Trump’s actions were both wrong and he should be impeached and removed from office. But only 21% of Americans say they are following the hearings very closely...

Overall, 58% of Americans say they are following the hearings very closely or somewhat closely (21% and 37%, respectively), and 21% say they made up their minds about impeachment after the first week of public hearings. Among those who said this, 60% think that Trump should be impeached and removed from office.

I mean, the only opinions that really matter are the American citizens' opinions.

Can I just say that if you attack Trump and call him a lear, conman and criminal, just remember that's OK because Clinton got BJs in the White House

- Jeremiah