Childminder mileage charges?

7 posts in this topic

My wife has been doing childminding or kinderbetreuung for the last 5 years and has just started with a new family. Everything is good but she is being asked to do quite a bit of    driving with the job - school runs, clubs, tennis and shopping. Not a problem but she uses her own car and I wanted to ask if anyone has experience of this and should she get something in her contract about compensation for this? Either a flatrate per month or she charges so many cents per kilometer? Any advice? What is the going rate or legally agreed recommendation per kilometer? Her contract is not yet finalised so she has time to ask for an extra clause on travel expenses, fahrtkosten or kilometerpauschale to be inserted.

I would ask for a weekly tanking

allowance or something similar.

I get anything between 50 to 70 euros a week for this. I am a nanny btw 

FWIW the current recognized rate for tax purposes is €0.30/km. That figure includes wear and tear on the car, plus consumables other than fuel.

Ill second that. Its not only fuel but wear and tear of car (for example sooner mileage reached for next inspection, tires...). Else they should be offering to her to use their car. If you were doing a busines trip for any given company you would ask for compensation if you drove with your own car. So there is no difference when working as nanny? Its a job at an employer und driving to some place during that job is to be compensated.

Yes to all above! 👍🏼 They gave me a car and that includes tire changes x2 a year, all repairs, accidents and all that comes with the car. 

Just a thought - have you checked if there are there any insurance inplications in using your car for business purposes? I am thinking particularly if there was an accident and a child was injured or worse.

I get 0.30€ per km if I drive my own car. If I drive my boss' car I get reimbursed for fuel.