Buying a laptop and other goods as a company

19 posts in this topic

I've opened up a company (have an own "Steuernummner" that I use to be paid for freelance work). 

Now I need to buy a new laptop to handle business needs. Can you get a price reduction when 

buying as a company instead of a physical person? 

Will the purchase of a laptop and/or related items make an impact on tax reports? 

Get a Steuerberater fast. Unfortunately you are lacking even very basic financial knowledge.  You might also want to try a ‘Finance for dummies’ book or an online course in basic finance.

I’m sorry if that comes across as harsh, but you need financial literacy to be able to run a successful business.

Laptops and anything else you need for your business are tax deductible. However, if your laptop is expensive, you may have to split the deduction over a few years.

Get a Steuerberater fast. Unfortunately you are lacking even very basic financial knowledge.

I know, I wouldn't have opened this topic, had I not, now, would I? 

I did. I already have the "financial frontend" of the company setup.

You might also want to try a ‘Finance for dummies’ book or an online course in basic finance.

That's cool. You know that laws differ w.r.t. what's being produced and market scope, right ((inter)national)? Simply looking for "Finance for Dummies" gives an array of results that is not specific to the question at hand. Care to give a more exact read? 

I’m sorry if that comes across as harsh, but you need financial literacy to be able to run a successful business.

I have several stem degrees from reputable universities, and what HR would refer to as "years of experience". I'm only now transitioning to business. 

Laptops and anything else you need for your business are tax deductible.

Good to hear that!

However, if your laptop is expensive, you may have to split the deduction over a few years.

"expensive" undefined. Where can I find more information on what "expensive" means? 800 , 1600, 160000 (golden casing, diamond keys, ivory track pad notebooks).

If you already have a Steuerberater, ask them these questions.  Well unfortunately those several stem degrees haven't taught you how to use google. These questions are very basic and the answers are readily available in English on google, and also multiple times on this site. There is a search bar on the top right of every page.

If you already have a Steuerberater, ask them these questions.

These questions are what I consider to be basic in a sense that it's not worth going to the Steuerberater (and pay in order to have them answered). 

Well unfortunately those several stem degrees haven't taught you how to use google.

STEM =/= business proficiency. It's as if I asked you to write a NOP sledge for x64 let's say *nix binaries. You'd gawk at the screen and drool at best. 

These questions are very basic and the answers are readily available in English on google, and also multiple times on this site.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, can you provide some links to the relevant basic questions pertaining to German legislation? otherwise your posts are, well, just noise :-) . 

Searching for answers isn't business proficiency, it's common sense. (As it happens, I wouldn't gawk at the screen when asked that, neither would most sensible people.)

I answered one of your questions, I told you where to get answers to the rest. If you're too cheap to pay for help then you can't expect others to do your searching for you. You are perfectly capable of searching by either method I gave you and finding the answers.  But given you are apparently that lazy, here is a relevant link: https://lmgtfy.com/

On 16/11/2019, 23:21:17, apophis said:

I've opened up a company (have an own "Steuernummner" that I use to be paid for freelance work). 

How do you open a company?

Can you get a price reduction when 

Yes, if you want to buy a couple of hundred or even a thousand or more. Alibaba does good deals.

Will the purchase of a laptop and/or related items make an impact on tax reports? 

Of course, what a stupid question.

On 17/11/2019, 12:44:22, apophis said:

I have several stem degrees from reputable universities, and what HR would refer to as "years of experience". I'm only now transitioning to business.

This shows all the signs that just because you are educated it doesn't make you intelligent.

On 17/11/2019, 12:44:22, apophis said:

"expensive" undefined. Where can I find more information on what "expensive" sive"means? 

Here's what expensive means

On 17/11/2019, 14:57:17, apophis said:

These questions are what I consider to be basic in a sense that it's not worth going to the Steuerberater (and pay in order to have them answered). 

Sounds like your a Freeloader.

On 17/11/2019, 14:57:17, apophis said:

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, can you provide some links to the relevant basic questions pertaining to German legislation? otherwise your posts are, well, just noise :-) . 

I wasn't going to post this given your attitude and your ungratefulness to @evildudette but anyway here's a link that should answer your questions

6 hours ago, Sir Percy B said:

How do you open a company?

Pretty much like a book. You know those papery things that have stuff inside them, mostly little symbols that can mean something sometimes. With that stuff it's said that you do stuff that's useful for others like stuff. If you try really, really hard you can even get stuffed. 

Yes, if you want to buy a couple of hundred or even a thousand or more. Alibaba does good deals.

I need more though. Almost the same as the number of hairs on your  head. Oh wait ...

Of course, what a stupid question.

I try to write for the larger audience. Otherwise, it'll just fly over your head. We don't want that now, do we? 

This shows all the signs that just because you are educated it doesn't make you intelligent.

I'm arguably one of the smartest people in history insofar as innate potential goes. Can trounce this forum anytime. 

Here's what expensive means

What? No pictures? You can do better.

Sounds like your a Freeloader.

Yes, I am. I can't think of someone not wanting to pay 250 EUR/hour to be pointed into a direction. 

I wasn't going to post this given your attitude and your ungratefulness to @evildudette but anyway here's a link that should answer your questions

I'm like gravity, a causal truth, a force of nature. If you can't handle me, well, uh, don't reply? :-)

6 hours ago, Sir Percy B said:

9 minutes ago, apophis said:

I'm like gravity, a causal truth, a force of nature. If you can't handle me, well, uh, don't reply? :-)

hahahahahaha!

yeah.  hubris works for marketing and collecting investors, but sadly I don't think it's going to get you free advice about something you have clearly not bothered to look into AT ALL on your own.

so brilliant it hurts.

10 hours ago, lisa13 said:

hahahahahaha!

yeah.  hubris works for marketing and collecting investors,

Unlike capitalization in your post ... What's with all the cretins around here? 

but sadly I don't think it's going to get you free advice about something you have clearly not bothered to look into AT ALL on your own.

so brilliant it hurts.

Anyways, found what I was looking for. Obviously, not on TT or from the replies on this thread. 

1 minute ago, apophis said:

Why remove the reply? Isn't free speech a thing here =))  ? (East) Berlin :-) ?

You on your morning break at the kindergarten?

Don't let the Erzieherin see you using the internet, you must wait till you're at home and get your parents permission.

Please do grow up you're actions are exactly like that of a child. Given your so called level of intelligence you are certainly not mature and perhaps not quite ready for the real world.

13 minutes ago, apophis said:

Isn't free speech a thing here =))  ? (East) Berlin :-) ?

freespeech.png.ea1693ab15c4053945f52d116

13 minutes ago, Wherearewegoingto said:

Is OP a stable genius?

No, haven't worked in stables yet. 

9 hours ago, generalmartok said:

If you mean flatulence then I agree

No, I'm literally the smartest there is. 

2 hours ago, apophis said:

No, I'm literally the smartest there is. 

I don't know about being the smartest but if you're lucky and carry on, voting closes in about 3 weeks time so you might be lucky and get awarded the 2019 Biggest Yunt of the Cear award.