Getting into a night club as a single man with black hair

89 posts in this topic

Is he asking that, fraufruit? Is it because of his " race? " OP: what race is your friend?

Is he black?

fraufruit: black-haired men. Plenty of guys are black-haired but not necessarily black.

14 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

In all of my younger clubbing days, I never once stood in a line in order to be granted/refused entry to any club. I never understood why someone would do this. 

Everyone is being so nicey nice here which is unusual for TT. I believe he isn't getting admitted because of his race - not his black hair and brown eyes. That and the fact that he is alone. There, I said it.

What he is asking is what clubs do accept "black haired men".

There's a few threads on the TT domain related to this topic and another here. There also a thread about an Indian guy who said he couldn't get into a club. 

By the way, it can work the other way around. Someone wants you to go into their establishment ( ie you are a potential client/ cash cow etc )...you are walking down the street and someone (eg taverna owner/employee ) says " come in...come in. ". But you don´t want to eg because they don´t really want you to go in with a dog or because it looks uncomfortable or because the toilets are famously horrible.

You ignore.

Or, sigh, bloody hell...that early morning..well , about 8, in that small town in Chile and I am wandering around lost and tired and just arrived and this ancient woman ( about 55 or so I reckon ) sees me, opens her window, flashes her sagging breasts at me and says: " fucky fucky , gringo? ". I ignored .IF the establishment doesn´t want you or you them: GO ELSEWHERE and fuck ´em.

Stick to your guns.

35 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I believe he isn't getting admitted because of his race - not his black hair and brown eyes. 

you could be right, but he hasn't thrown that out there at all so you have to take it at face value:  he has black hair and brown eyes - that might eliminate...scandinavians? no clue - but men of all races can easily fit this description, so ?

35 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

What he is asking is what clubs do accept "black haired men".

right, which is kinda the problem.  As has been pointed out, black hair (and even brown eyes in tandem) are not so strange nor exclusionary so it's not enough to make recs on that as it makes no sense, objectively

It does indeed appear something else is probably going on, but he's given no clue and he's apparently done a runner.   

4 hours ago, zwiebelfisch said:

I find this all very hard to believe.  Some of the posters here seem to think it's all like berghain. It's not.  

I know a bunch of over 50s who go to a club once per month, I've only been with them a couple of times, but I can assure the paranoid here that many clubs in berlin are quite easy to get into regardless of age sex or anything else.

For what it's worth, I've been to a lot of clubs in berlin, drunk, in a t shirt, on my own, whatever and the only places I ever got turned away were berghain and suicide circus.  Oh and die busche once turned me away because "they are closing soon". 

It all depends on the "scene".  I am never denied entry in the clubs I normally go, but they are mostly Metal, Punk, Hardcore and Indie.   But the OP seems to be more interested in the scene where it is difficult to get in clubs, so the cool techno clubs (Berghain, Sysyphos, Tresor, Panorama, KitKat, Chalet, Alte Münze, CDV, Else, and so on).

Because if he was not been denied entry he wouldn't be asking here.

The good thing is even if you are into Techno, there are other places you can try which are not that "cool".  Like Gretchen, Golden Gate, Funkhaus, Beate Uwe, AVA, and so on.    Some of these places are close to each other and close to the popular ones, so you can plan the night and where to go to try in case you get denied at your first choice.

So the short version is yes, the "scene" is now full of places with similar door policies as Berghain, believe it or not.  But there are other smaller not so famous places which very relaxed or no door policy at all.

Google "Berlin clubs door policy" to get more information.

21 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

He is Iranian according to his profile. Does everyone here think that there is no racism in Germany or what?

FFS. 

Let's not stop at racism, there's xenophobia,  classism, and social status at play as well that can get in the way of interpersonal interactions. 

aha

well I for one don't usually check profiles much unless I'm unsure of someone's gender and am looking for clues on which pronoun to use. 

good on you for doing more detective work, but I'm not sure why you're suggesting that anyone here is denying the existence of racism based on the content of this thread thus far...I can't speak for anyone else but as I said, I took his description at face value and that's it.  

I knew with the whole black hairs brown eyes thing. I absolutely despise the racism/xenophobia issues that exist here and almost everywhere else. You know that.

I also find it sad when someone can't just come out and say I'm Iranian, African. Swedish, Thai or whatever when they feel discriminated against.

I truly hope that someone can recommend clubs where he will be welcome. I would like to have a beer with him but I'm not in Berlin.

Someday black hair and brown eyes will be the norm and these type questions will be rare.

9 hours ago, fraufruit said:

I absolutely despise the racism/xenophobia issues that exist here and almost everywhere else. You know that.

yes I know that - what does that have to do with being psychic? ;)

Iranians (as is often the case) are a very diverse looking people, and in fact, "persians" (as an ethnicity and the dominant ethnic group in Iran) have more in common, looks wise, with europeans than they do with other middle eastern ethnicities.    Point being, an Iranian background does not really suggest anything definitive about OP's "look" nor skin tone.  Racism could be a factor here but we have no way of knowing that.

Just finished reading this one:

https://www.zeit.de/gesellschaft/2019-08/rassismus-clubtueren-berlin-clubs-tuersteher-diskriminierung

Looks like it is impossible for me to ever enter any nightclub in Berlin and at best I can sue them one by one and receive 500EU from each! Still appreciate if anyone ever seen a nightclub letting men with black hairs and dark eyes enter.

Maybe we can form a group or multiple groups, keep going to night clubs of Berlin every week, sue all of them one by one, and use the money earned this way to compensate our time. It might take months or years, but they will finally stop this stupidity:
http://www.antidiskriminierungsstelle.de/SharedDocs/Downloads/DE/publikationen/Flyer/Diskotheken_Vorlesesoftware_optimierte_Version_20151221.pdf?__blob=publicationFile&v=1

On 11/16/2019, 5:01:29, jeremytwo said:

Only one thing I regret I never did before I "settled down" John - go to a club like the Hacienda in Madchester and drop a clean E. Sadly never did. Must have been fun at raves. I love trance!

What's stopping you now and I don't mean the Hacienda.

1 hour ago, Pesar said:

Just finished reading this one:

https://www.zeit.de/gesellschaft/2019-08/rassismus-clubtueren-berlin-clubs-tuersteher-diskriminierung

Looks like it is impossible for me to ever enter any nightclub in Berlin and at best I can sue them one by one and receive 500EU from each! Still appreciate if anyone ever seen a nightclub letting men with black hairs and dark eyes enter.

Maybe we can form a group or multiple groups, keep going to night clubs of Berlin every week, sue all of them one by one, and use the money earned this way to compensate our time. It might take months or years, but they will finally stop this stupidity:
http://www.antidiskriminierungsstelle.de/SharedDocs/Downloads/DE/publikationen/Flyer/Diskotheken_Vorlesesoftware_optimierte_Version_20151221.pdf?__blob=publicationFile&v=1

this is awesome.  truly.  if you suspect racism, sue the fuckers!  I'm not kidding or being sarcastic, either.  I still have no earthly clue how hair/eye color adds up to racism or even de facto discrimination but if you think you have a case, go for it.   

But I have to say (again?), if you suspected racism from the start it would have been helpful to say that as I suspect you would have received very different advice.

OP, is there no way of going with a group of friends/acquaintances? Is there any type of network that you belong to that you can use to rustle up some mates to accompany you? At least then you can see if being in a (small) group improves your success rate.

If going in a small group doesn't help, why not write to the management of the club? It's a long shot but maybe you can get on a guest list or something and you can get to bypass the bouncers.

2 hours ago, lisa13 said:

But I have to say (again?), if you suspected racism from the start it would have been helpful to say that as I suspect you would have received very different advice.

I suspected it from his first post. He didn't have to mention it.

23 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I suspected it from his first post. He didn't have to mention it.

OMG yes, you were the only one who got it.

Yet he still hasn't confirmed it. I think you are in cahoots :)

Are you seriously denying that it's strange if not counterproductive to continually beat around the bush if that's actually what's going on? 

The thing is the guy doesnt know.  The people on the door wont say "sorry, not white", nor will they say "Erm, you are wearing a suit, this is a rock club".  They just say no.  So people try to work out where the problem is and its a futile game of guesswork.  

Could be his hair colour, choice of clothing, maybe just looks desperate.  Noone has any way to know.

My best guess is that judging from his other posts, the guy just doesnt understand german clubs or dating culture and I suspect just sticks out like a sore thumb in the queue for a club.  Made worse, of course, by the fact he has been rejected repeatedly in the past and now nervously waits, expecting to be turned away.  Maybe he even argued with the bouncers one time (he says "sometimes with violence and discomfort", sounds like some disagreement) and now he is "oh that guy again".

But as I said neither I nor OP really knows.