Getting into a night club as a single man with black hair

62 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

Door policy of nightclubs in Berlin is vague. They never mention it on their website, there is no clear information on google maps or other customer review portals, and trial and error does not look like a good option for a single man with black hairs as you get bounced again and again sometimes with violence and discomfort.

So anyone knows any night club which lets a single man with black hairs and brown eyes to get inside alone (Without a girlfriend, but well groomed and dressed very well)?

The question might look stupid, specially if you are a gifted person who can always get inside any nightclub or if you never feel like going into any or whatever. But please try to answer the question if you can and we get to criticizing the question and the questioner later. Thanks in advance.

Just now, RomfordReject said:

I have never known a bouncer to be hairist. Except to gingers. Then rightly so :P

Thanks for the reply. My experience was immediate rejection regardless of my style. I don't go drunk. I'm not noisy. I don't go late at the end of the queue. I just get bounced. I stopped trying eventually and if you know a club where you see actual single men with black hairs CAN get inside, please write the name of the club here. Thanks.

I can't offer any help on the club scene, only can say it's 'black hair'.

cheers,

57 minutes ago, RomfordReject said:

I have never known a bouncer to be hairist. Except to gingers. Then rightly so :P

Would blonde ladies be also discriminated against on the grounds of lack of intelligence?

I'd also forbid hipsters with beards.

1 hour ago, RomfordReject said:

Come to Berlin and you will see it.   It is not just the hair, it is either the race, or the non-hipster, or the non-berlinisch-style, or not looking as part of that particular scene, and so on.

Anyway, I just stay away from those places.

so...I am really not understanding why you think it's your hair that's getting you bounced.

I'm not saying you're wrong, it just seems unlikely that anyone would be universally rejected by so many clubs on that basis

eta:  as Krieg suggests it seems more likely that your style is not welcomed.  Could you be overdressed? 

1 hour ago, Pesar said:

night club which lets a single man with black hairs and brown eyes to get inside alone

It's not the hair, it's the single. Clubs dont like men on their own.

4 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

so...I am really not understanding why you think it's your hair that's getting you bounced.

I'm not saying you're wrong, it just seems unlikely that anyone would be universally rejected by so many clubs on that basis

eta:  as Krieg suggests it seems more likely that your style is not welcomed.  Could you be overdressed? 

Thanks for the reply. We get to my own shortcomings later.

Let's get back to the question: Do you know name of any club? Did you see men with black hairs getting in alone?

3 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

are gangs of single men preferred? 

I'm only half kidding :)

Don't know. I'm asking for others information.

4 minutes ago, zwiebelfisch said:

So do you know a club name where you think I can get inside with another man with black hairs? At the time I didn't have a girlfriend so going with a lady isn't an option for me.

6 minutes ago, Pesar said:

So do you know a club name where you think I can get inside with another man with black hairs? At the time I didn't have a girlfriend so going with a lady isn't an option for me.

What kind of club are we talking? Electro house, rock, 90s?

I'm pretty sure you will get into:

* soda

* cassiopaia

* nuke 

20 minutes ago, zwiebelfisch said:

It depends, in some places it is sometimes better to go alone.  Like, the infamous Berghain.  It is very difficult to describe how to get in, some people assume just dressing in black would do it, but it is not as simple.  Anyway, getting rejected is normal nowadays in Berlin, just plan ahead and have a list where to go after you are rejected from one place.

10 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Perhaps you should try wearing a cap or a hat for a change. 

Another option: Shave head or bleach hair.  See if it makes a difference.  Or try more clubs.  I'm sure there are clubs where guys with black hair are allowed.  But don't ask me, I'm well past my sell by date, don't go clubbing, don't have hair anymore ;)

You can try Wilden Renate and OHM, both have a very relax door policy.   But in general this is what you have to do in order to increase your chances of getting into clubs in Berlin, specially in the ones with strict door policy:

- Do not get drunk

- Be quiet in the line

- Do not use your phone while queueing up (very difficult for millenials)

- Answer in German as much as you can when they ask you something

- Know where you are getting in and what is happening that night

- Only answer what they ask you, no smalltalk 

- In places like Berghain with all weekend stamp you have more chances going there Saturday morning, getting the stamp, staying in only for a while and coming back again in the night

- Go alone or in groups of two or three max.   Gender does not make a difference.

Anyway, I find all these ridiculous, so I normally do not go to such places anymore.   The last place I had tons of fun was a disco-container in the RAW, about in front of Cassiopeia in a second floor.  

1 minute ago, Krieg said:

Answer in German as much as you can when they ask you something

Seems bizarre that people who do not speak German would be refused entry to a nightclub for this reason. I guess all the non-German speaking bands should refuse to play Berlin then. That'll learn them.

Pesar, it isn't clear whether you have black hair, or if you have black hairs growing from somwhere unusual perhaps? I can't imagine why somebody would be rejected because of their hair colour.

Aren't these clubs targetting 20 somethings? Do you fit into this category?

7 minutes ago, RomfordReject said:

Seems bizarre that people who do not speak German would be refused entry to a nightclub for this reason. I guess all the non-German speaking bands should refuse to play Berlin then. That'll learn them.

I do not make the scene rules, I am just telling the OP how to increase his chances.   What it is happening is that all those crappy clubs are mega-popular, so their waiting lines have lie 5x the club's capacity, so they refuse people left and right.   The job of the bouncer is to keep the "mix" right, so that's why it is very difficult or impossible to predict how to go in.   Maybe 3 drunk Italian guys talking loud wearing football trikots will have more option than you because the quota of loud foreigners is not yet full.