Tesla Gigafactories, News and Conversation

1,961 posts in this topic

I had a crashing incident when my Model 3 was new.  One morning the computer kept locking up and crashing while I was driving.  It was super annoying -- the screen froze and I didn't notice until the speedometer looked off or I noticed the Navi wasn't updating.  The crashing only came to and end once I forced a reset before the screen froze. 

Nowadays, rarely does the computer decide to reboot, and I can't remember the last time that happened while driving.  yay.

10 hours ago, Janx Spirit said:

Yeh but who remembers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humphry_Davy;) 

Sometimes the idea just isn't enough...

Was much worse than that. Here are some quotes from Musk regarding Eberhard.

When Eberhard was fired from the Tesla CEO role in mid 2007 for providing false information to me & the board, no one left with him. That says it all.

He is literally the worst person I've ever worked with.

Eberhard is also known for taking credit of things others did. The claim on the video that he was the one to come up with the idea for lithium batteries is completely false, for example. There are more on the video.

3 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Eberhard is also known for taking credit of things others did.

Do you think Musk knows the difference between a wrench and a spanner?

A spade full of shit wont cover a wall but throw eb´nough shit at the wall and soon, you wont see the wall!...  but the wall is always there!

It all boils down to money!

Fuck, Tesla just bought $1.5B of Bitcoin. Somehow Musk's support passed the board!

Fucking idiot!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-08/tesla-invests-1-5-billion-in-bitcoin-plans-to-accept-cryptocurrency

I have to reconsider if I keep supporting this idiot.

Or maybe this is the type of thing Bitcoin needs to get forbidden. As soon as regulators feel they are losing monetary control, they just forbid it.

I just came here to see what @MikeMelga has to say about Tesla & BitCoin ClusterFuck :D

I first bought BitCoin couple of weeks ago when it was around 31k Euros. Then it dropped to 26k and I was thinking to buy little more, but somehow was so busy for last two weeks. Now this news is WTF is going on

EU plans to ban Bitcoin to curb terrorism funding

https://www.cissp.com/law-ethics/838-eu-plans-to-ban-bitcoin-to-curb-terrorism-funding

Big European states call for cryptocurrency curbs to protect consumers

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-eu-economy-cryptoassets/big-european-states-call-for-cryptocurrency-curbs-to-protect-consumers-idUKKBN26219G

Biden’s nominee to head the Treasury Department. She was the former chair of Economic Advisors during the Clinton Administration, and the chairwoman of the Federal Reserve System. She has said that “she will say outright that she is not a fan” of bitcoin, saying that many of the transactions that “do take place on bitcoin are illegal, illicit transactions.” She has speculated on the “very high” energy usage of bitcoin, as well as cybersecurity concerns around anonymous cryptocurrencies.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerhuang/2020/12/15/how-a-biden-administration-is-likely-to-approach-bitcoin/?sh=655284645ffc

This is about to get banned. Perhaps this is the final stone. Bitcoin success will be its downfall. I bet a lot of criminals are pissed. They don't care about the value of bitcoin, they only want to go under the radar.

Bitcoin investments are yet another example of how the world economy is becoming increasingly comprised of speculator behavior, investing in markets and/or assets, over saving and physical production.

All these bubbles being created and inflated do not in any way symbolize a healthy sustainable economy. 
Expect a huge sale of Bitcoin from Tesla once all the lavish sheep buy in and that time they will not inform in advance :D

People now have the tools now to make transactions over the phone. Some studies show that in some cases 97% of amateur daytraders lose money on Robinhood.

Bitcoin is not daytrading, but it's hyped to the point everyone is putting money there.

This is not going to end well.

It's time the nanny state steps in and put a stop on this. 

On 2/8/2021, 10:27:35, MikeMelga said:

People now have the tools now to make transactions over the phone. Some studies show that in some cases 97% of amateur daytraders lose money on Robinhood.

Bitcoin is not daytrading, but it's hyped to the point everyone is putting money there.

This is not going to end well.

It's time the nanny state steps in and put a stop on this. 

You are falling into the same stupid trap that all "professional" investors are: relying on metrics that only apply to stable currencies. Those metrics show their weakness in currencies with exponential potential. Worst, you are completely skipping the proper analysis to make for Crypto: technology, process, disruption. :lol:

Please keep the crypto yammering on the Bitcoin thread, thanks.

Musk buying bitcoin is not really on topic here. Especially considering that 1.5 billion is chump change for him.

15 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Please keep the crypto yammering on the Bitcoin thread, thanks.

Musk buying bitcoin is not really on topic here. Especially considering that 1.5 billion is chump change for him.

It's not Musk buying on his own account, it's Tesla that has used almost 8% of its available cash to buy bitcoin. It's a material risk for the company.

This is a segue, but a pertinent segue in this thread.  The article below describes events and technologies at Turntide, a high-tech motor monitoring and optimization company.  They make some high-claims as well, which may or may not come to fruition.  Nevertheless, the topic shows that all the components in an EV are also being revolutionized which will contribute to automobile optimization.

The accompanying videos will appeal to the electro-freaks.  Feel free to post to other germane TT topics.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/firms-backed-robert-downey-jr-111359049.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBEzrrPJ46Y

Very interesting, especially avoiding usage of rare earth elements.

In terms of efficiency, I doubt it, electric motors are already incredibly efficient, 90-98%.

More important is torque for weight ratio.