Tesla Gigafactories, News and Conversation

1,912 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

The model3 is too small and too restrictive...    END!!

Forget it,MM has a massive hardon for Tesla and Musk.

2 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

The model3 is too small and too restrictive...    END!!

Ok, take the Model Y, still cheaper after 10 years. BTW, the German made Model Y is going to be much cheaper after pent up demand.

BUT IT WILL ONLY EVER HAVE LESS THAN HALF THE RANGE!!!   

How difficult is that to understand?      Its bad enough having to Fill up every 100km and waste 10 minutes of my life...   

Geez, let me do the math again:

Peugeot will cost you 28.739€.

Tesla Model Y currently costs 59.600, although price will come down a lot during the year.

That's 50.084 without VAT. Then you take 5000€ Umweltbonus out. That's 45.084€

Savings are mostly the same as Model 3, meaning 28.000€. Still cheaper than the Peugeot after 10 years.

Break even should be around the 6th year.

Spidey mentioned that he only buys € 3000 cars which is his choice. I don't believe he is shopping for a new Tesla or Peugeot.

Argument moot.

9 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

Geez, let me tell you again...

The battery will only get weaker and weaker! thus Range will deminish!      FFS

Not by much with a Tesla. Most cars lose less than 10% capacity over 10 years. Most loss is in the first year. My estimated loss in the first year was around 2.2%. Second year should be 1% or less.

9 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Spidey mentioned that he only buys € 3000 cars which is his choice. I don't believe he is shopping for a new Tesla or Peugeot.

Argument moot.

I can't compare a new car with a second hand car. It's comparing apples and oranges. But funny enough, a 3000€ car would still end up being more expensive to run over 10 years than a brand new Model 3 SR.

13 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

But funny enough, a 3000€ car would still end up being more expensive to run over 10 years than a brand new Model 3 SR.

How so when a 3k car will probably only run for 4 or 5 years?  :lol:

He cant... Why?

1...The "umwelt bonus" is already used... 

2...At the mo, EVs are holding value...  ( lack of availabillty)...

3... Buying a Used EV from private has NO vat that can be reclaimed...

4... His blinkers dont allow him to see reality...

Just sayin...

And for those that dont understand.. here is MMs thought process..

Go to Off licence on bicycle to buy a bottle of whiskey...

Put whiskey in the Basket on the front of his bicycle... 

Realises that if he falls off the Bicycle, the bottle will smash!

He drinks the Whiskey!!

And what a good job he did drink the whiskey as he fell off the bike 5 times on the way home!

:o

15 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

2...At the mo, EVs are holding value...  ( lack of availabillty)...

I wonder why they hold value... oh wait, its because they dont depreciate as much as ICE cars...! BTW, I did not even included depreciation costs in the equation. That would even make the Peugeot worst.

Totally agree with you...   Do you know the story of the Emperors new clothes?...   

Itsa simmilar tale to owning a Tesla!

23 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

That guy is clueless like most analysts. He keeps pushing the idea that Tesla cant be profitable. He keeps comparing Tesla with auto manufacturers, which by now should be considered stupidity.

Tesla will be the largest company in the world within a few years. And after that, even grow much further. The question is how many trillion dollars it will be worth in 2030.

Stock can indeed fall in 2021, but long term investors will see it rising over time.

I don't see a big threat within 4 years. But markets and companies do change. In the meantime, it will keep rising. It is rising faster than I expected, that's for sure, I predicted $1000 pre-split for the end of 2020 more than 1 year ago. Right now it's 4x higher than that. But recent advances in FSD seem to justify it.

btw - The music was still playing on the titanic. :D

To be fair, we are probably only at the middle of early adopters. The future looks bright. (LED bright, powered by renewables ;) )

11 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

I wonder why they hold value... oh wait, its because they dont depreciate as much as ICE cars..

They hold their Value at the moment as there isnt enough being produced....

Here is a classic scenario..

I buy new Tesla....    lets say  40k..

I get all the discounts and bonuses...    I end up paying 34k...   but I patiently waited 6 months for delivery...

Joe Bloggs....   Slams his car into wall.. Insurance pays out so he wants to buy an EV now... 

He Trundles off to Tesla...  "Yes mr Bloggs... of course you can buy one, but not for 6 months..."...

mr Bloggs then looks at the internet and sees my Tesla .. 5 thousand on the clock... for 38K....     He buys it!!

And that is just how it worksat the moment... when there are many more EVs out there, they will be "ten a penny"... 

35 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

mr Bloggs then looks at the internet and sees my Tesla .. 5 thousand on the clock... for 38K...     He buys it!!

Why would you sell your imaginary Tesla, I thought we were all sold on the idea by one said TFB (Tesla fan Boy) that they are the best thing on 4 wheels? 

35 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

mr Bloggs then looks at the internet and sees my Tesla .. 5 thousand on the clock... for 38K...     He buys it!!

5k, how old is your imaginary Tesla? 

Just asking so i can Hypothetically work out the depreciation and the cost of running it. :lol:

46 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

They hold their Value at the moment as there isnt enough being produced...

Here is a classic scenario..

I buy new Tesla...    lets say  40k..

I get all the discounts and bonuses...    I end up paying 34k...   but I patiently waited 6 months for delivery...

Your logic is completely flawed. You can buy one from the stand right now if you are not too picky. If you are picky, delivery times in Germany are around 2 months. I waited 7 weeks for mine. Contrary to other manufacturers, Tesla produces by batch, not by customer order, as they have very little variants of each model.

31 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Contrary to other manufacturers, Tesla produces by batch, not by customer order, as they have very little variants of each model.

I assume you`re talking about EVs not ICE cars ?

9 minutes ago, Keleth said:

I assume you`re talking about EVs not ICE cars ?

Independent of that. You have some manufacturers like Tesla, Kia and Mitsubishi that have extremely simplified model variations. They can batch produce without concrete orders.

Tesla is the extreme case. The Model 3 only allows 5 external colors, 2 internal colors and 3 motor/battery variations. That's 30 variations. Of those, around 10 probably represent 80% of the cases, so they can mass produce them.

BMW and others allow so much customization that each car has to be made to match the order. That's why it take several months to wait for a BMW, but only a few weeks for a Tesla.

This might change in the near future, when they launch the Model 2. Or when they launch Model Y in Berlin. Demand is probably so large they are already booked until 2022.