Berlin to get a Tesla Gigafactory

1,228 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

Have you got a graph for that please?

https://insideevs.com/news/403107/tesla-china-sales-february-2020/

30% market share...

You predict soooo much for Tesla... have an "educated handle" on CV_19...   but you didnt see it coming. 

Jeez... Tesla... corona... can really relate things...

Those "Booms" that are often heard in North munich are probably MrMelga pulling his head out of his arse to get a breath of fresh air!

Seriously, grab another bone, it's becoming ridiculous.

Very interesting video that a tesla owner created. It gives you an idea of what the car can see (looks like decent 360º!), especially how well crossings can be handled. This is more than 1 year old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wypE4fC56bg&t=1s

Suggestion: pan the image with the mouse, it is a 3D video.

Even better, see it on your phone and pan and tilt by moving it!

1 hour ago, Sir Percy B said:

Clickbait video. Unfortunately both of us clicked on it. To summarize the wasted 5 minutes of my life, this guy complains Tesla fans gave him the treatment because he made a video about Tesla supercharger could collapse with so many cars on the road. Of course it did not collapse and he made more money with these FUD clickbait videos.

Yes, there are sometimes overcrowded superchargers in california, but claiming the whole scheme is collapsing is just nonsense. I made 3000km in some trips since january, all using superchargers in Germany, austria and Italy and the most crowded situation was a large supercharger in the italian border, where 60% of the stalls were occupied. And a few minutes later, only 30% were occupied. This was during peak of holidays. In most cases you have 10-20% occupancy.

there are a lot more tesla car on the road in the US then europe, so sure its a problem coming to europe if they sell enough and new station are not installed

I did not realize that V2 chargers slow down if more than a couple are used, I guess that puts up charge times 

2 hours ago, yesterday said:

I did not realize that V2 chargers slow down if more than a couple are used, I guess that puts up charge times 

Yes, maximum charge will slow down from 135kW to 75kW, i think, if adjacent stalls are occupied. In general it is not a big thing, because with V2 you cannot charge all the way with 135kW. Once you go above 70% this is no longer an issue as the speed drops considerably to avoid damaging the battery. So in practice the speed slow down only adds maybe 5-10 minutes more to a full charge.

V3 has no such issues.

Here is a nice comparison chart:

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/03/08/supercharger-v3-shocking-power-smart-strategy-by-tesla-charts/

2 hours ago, yesterday said:

there are a lot more tesla car on the road in the US then europe, so sure its a problem coming to europe if they sell enough and new station are not installed

They also upgraded them in California substantially in the past few months. The V3 roll-out should handle it well. With the same physical space you can double the throughput.

Also you don't need it so much with the long range versions. Coming from Verona to Munich, I only had to do a quick stop mid way for a few minutes.

For me going to a supercharger is quite relaxing. Other owners come to talk with you (yes, even in Germany!), the kid plays some games in the main screen and we can even take the time to grab something to eat or use the WC. Sometimes we just put Netlfix on.  BTW, a few months ago, returning from Austria, there was a road block before a tunnel for 45 minutes near Garmish. Other drivers were pissed, we just watched Netflix until it passed :) 

1 hour ago, SpiderPig said:

Down 7% today... 

You could be a bit smarter and say it is down for the month. You could even say it's going down for the next month (which probably will).

But no, you chose to say it is down 7% today, completely ignoring it went up 5.5% yesterday.

You sound more and more like J2 type.

I think it will hit bottom in the next 2-3 weeks, as bad news pile up in US.

If you have the stomach to bear losses, investing even now is not bad in the long run, but of course be prepared for some scares.

Tesla is a special case, as the stock is super volatile, but at the same time it held its value +/- OK. I think it will still go down as Q1 numbers will not be good because the traditional "end of quarter push" never happened.

Still, Model Y is out, reviews are great, backlog is huge. At the moment they can't make much money on the Y because its production is still ramping up, but Q2 should see a good demand growth, corona or not. Question is if they can keep the factories running.

By making ventilators Tesla can keep the factories open. Unsure if they can justify keep building cars while the "excuse" are ventilators. At the moment they are using stoppage time to upgrade machines and do service maintenance.

6 hours ago, McDee said:

It's only gambling though.

So is going to the grocery store or crossing the street to get there.

3 hours ago, catjones said:

Just like finding a thread on tt without any snarky comments!   ...:lol::lol:

5 hours ago, catjones said:

You missed the point. We were talking about shares and not shops, streets or fish.

7 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

Just like finding a thread on tt without any snarky comments!   ...:lol::lol:

That means without any from SpiderPig, right?