Berlin to get a Tesla Gigafactory

799 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, arsenal21 said:

So yesterday Tesla recalled 15000 Model Xs, the SEC subpoenaed financial records for a new investigation, 2 billion of new stock was issued - and the share price still went up!

 

It does't seem connected to reality.

 

It seems the whole stock market is not connected to reality. 

 

Stock markets at record highs and I have no idea why.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Stock markets at record highs and I have no idea why.

 

Lowest unemployment for 50 years, high consumer spending, high corporate profits, no signs of bubbles, bond market dry so that money goes to the equities market, reduced global conflicts...that's why.  When any of these change for the worse, you'll then know why the markets dropped.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

Uninformed people like you would think so. The 2B stock issued was actually seen as quite positive.

 

Issuing stock dilutes existing shareholders and rational market theory says the share price should drop, so logically this is not a rational market.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, arsenal21 said:

Issuing stock dilutes existing shareholders and rational market theory says the share price should drop

 

Theories are not Laws...if they were, Amazon , the most valuable public company in the world, would not exist.

Step out of the classroom into the real world.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, arsenal21 said:

 

Issuing stock dilutes existing shareholders and rational market theory says the share price should drop, so logically this is not a rational market.

They are not issuing a large amount of stock, less than 2%, so stock dilution is meaningless for a stock that is shifting +/- 10% per week.

 

The positive reason behind is that Tesla will add $2B to their war chest, which already has around $6B. 

This transmits confidence in the company, because speculation on what to do with the money. Best guess is an aggressive expansion, maybe another factory in US. Could also mean a large acquisition, but I doubt it. Anyway, they got more money not because they need to pay the bills but because they are internally bullish and that precludes faster growth.

 

BTW, a Gigafactory costs around $2B, so I think this is what will be announced.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, arsenal21 said:

Issuing stock dilutes existing shareholders and rational market theory says the share price should drop, so logically this is not a rational market.

Unless the cash injection from the sale of new stocks is seen as preventing bankruptcy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, catjones said:

 

Lowest unemployment for 50 years, high consumer spending, high corporate profits, no signs of bubbles, bond market dry so that money goes to the equities market, reduced global conflicts...that's why.  When any of these change for the worse, you'll then know why the markets dropped.

Germany economy stagnating. Daimler recorded a huge loss. Coronavirus shutting down Chinese factories. Dax at record high.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Germany economy stagnating. Daimler recorded a huge loss. Coronavirus shutting down Chinese factories. Dax at record high.

 

and trees getting cut down to make way for a new factory...will we ever have a problem-free world?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jeba said:

Court ruling stops tree felling for Tesla Gigafactory: (sorry, in German: https://www.n-tv.de/wirtschaft/Gericht-stoppt-Rodungen-fuer-Tesla-Werk-article21579858.html)

Quote

Das Verwaltungsgericht hatte dagegen befunden, dass die Abwägung der naturschutzrechtlichen Belange durch das Landesumweltamt nicht zu beanstanden sei. Die Baumfällarbeiten könnten demzufolge fortgeführt werden.

Prompt gingen sie am Samstag zunächst weiter.

And allows it again...

 

You should read more than just the headlines.  It was stopped for all of one day.  The trees are part of a "Nutzwald" that was planted with the intention of being harvested.  The trees would have been felled whether Tesla came or not.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, BradinBayern said:

And allows it again...

 

You should read more than just the headlines.  It was stopped for all of one day.  The trees are part of a "Nutzwald" that was planted with the intention of being harvested.  The trees would have been felled whether Tesla came or not.

No, the lower court had given the go ahead but the Oberverwaltungsericht stopped it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, treefelling continued on Saturday - until it was stopped again by the OVG. Thanks for the translation - it was unnecessary though as I´m a native speaker.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doubt this will be a serious setback. Even if tree cutting was temporarily halted, the drone footage already shows large areas without trees, meaning they can already start cleaning and making the foundations on those areas.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Für den Abschluss der vorerst gestoppten Rodung sind laut Gericht nur drei Tage nötig. Bis Dienstag nimmt das Gericht Stellungnahmen von Landesbehörden, Tesla und Klägern an - und will dann zügig entscheiden.

Looks like on Tuesday they will start up again.  Just a pissing contest with the Grünen Liga because they weren't given enough attention.  It is these types of activist who turn off people who would otherwise support them.  This is an industrial zoned area, not a national park.  Pick your fights.

 

https://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/tesla-rodung-in-gruenheide-gestoppt-platzt-der-starttermin-fuer-die-gigafactory/25550564.html

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BradinBayern said:

It is these types of activist who turn off people who would otherwise support them.  This is an industrial zoned area, not a national park.  Pick your fights.

 

+1

 

The area is converted into an industrial zone, then literally they scored a jackpot with Tesla and now they complain.   Sometimes the only thing you can think is: WTF Germany? WTF?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, BradinBayern said:

Just a pissing contest with the Grünen Liga because they weren't given enough attention.

I doubt that. From what I saw it seems that there are a lot of residents who simply don´t want their peaceful iddylic rural oasis turned into a busy manufacturing center. I remember one even explicitely saying he didn´t care about jobs as unemployment was "only" 5-6 % and he had a job.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But he is aware that many jobs are still leaving the country which is only not relevant since Germany currently does not have enough employees anyway? It is a quite simple minded was of saying leave me alone I do have a job. This is arrogance towards the jobless people and the future. It is a WTF Germany have you completely gone gaga situation. Btw that exactly was the reason why Berlin airport has so many issues opening up. Some simpletons putting their private comfort above country prospering. Cause I have a job and a house and am settled. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jeba said:

I doubt that. From what I saw it seems that there are a lot of residents who simply don´t want their peaceful iddylic rural oasis turned into a busy manufacturing center. I remember one even explicitely saying he didn´t care about jobs as unemployment was "only" 5-6 % and he had a job.

If we wants a rural oasis then he could have bought the property himself and turned it into a park.  However he does not have control over properties that he does not own.

 

Not to mention the land was zoned industrial a long time ago.  What did they think "zoned industrial" meant?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now