Tesla Gigafactories, News and Conversation

1,558 posts in this topic

More good news for Tesla.  Looks like they will have plenty of money to build the factory.  

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-panasonic-results-stock/another-day-another-record-tesla-shares-hit-900-idUSKBN1ZY01P

Shares of Tesla Inc surged 15% on Tuesday to hit the $900 mark, extending a stunning rally that has more than doubled the company’s market value since the start of the year as more investors bet on Chief Executive Elon Musk’s vision.

Unsure where it will stop. The current price was the highest that I expected for the whole year.

On a 4 year time span, I see it going much higher. So the question I have now is if I should sell some now and buy them again in the next dip... or just think purely on long term!

51 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

So the question I have now is if I should sell some now and buy them again in the next dip... or just think purely on long term!

Why not Ask Gretta ?

1 hour ago, MikeMelga said:

I should sell some now and buy them again in the next dip... or just think purely on long term!

Perennial question..maybe, sell a % now, hold for dip and rebuy.  I'm hoping for a split.

4 minutes ago, catjones said:

Perennial question..maybe, sell a % now, hold for dip and rebuy.  I'm hoping for a split.

Yes, I have my 25-75% rule. I sell either 25 or 75% and keep the rest. In this case I could sell 25% and buy it again during the year.

12 hours ago, arsenal21 said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimcollins/2020/02/03/the-removal-of-teslas-dutch-treat-implies-managements-forecasts-are-wildly-optimistic/

Tesla sales are declining in Norway and the Netherlands, the factory in China is shuttered, stock fell back 20% in one day, nothing to see here.

It says that the sales in the Netherland are up over last year's sales in January.  No one can predict what the impact of the coronavirus will be.  Yes, the stock fell back 17.2% in one day, but still was up 15% by the end of the week, because of an incredible rally earlier in the week.  It is still up 75% since the begin of 2020.  What other stock is up by 75%?

14 hours ago, arsenal21 said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimcollins/2020/02/03/the-removal-of-teslas-dutch-treat-implies-managements-forecasts-are-wildly-optimistic/

Tesla sales are declining in Norway and the Netherlands, the factory in China is shuttered, stock fell back 20% in one day, nothing to see here.

1) SEC just forbade Tesla short selling due to market manipulation to bring the stock down.

https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tesmanian-blog/tesla-tsla-short-selling-rule-201-sec

2) Tesla sold only a few cars in the Netherlands in January because a) most people bought it in December b ) other markets, including Germany, had long delivery delays due to the rush in Netherlands in December. They are now sending almost all new cars to other countries. Example: a Model 3 ordered in October by a friend here in Munich is scheduled to be delivered only now.

3) Chinese factory is stopped as many others in China due to the virus. Will resume this week. Your argument was valid... for one week?

4) Please stop extrapolating monthly sales to an overall trend! Tesla does not have a streamlined delivery to Europe as cars come in ships, and demand is higher than supply.

5) They are probably out of stock in Europe right now. The last ship to have arrived was in November:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10Uh_GSkShwPPlrE5mOJcrkZ-T3NmLkLnTo6xqbdtaOI/htmlview

The next two are still on the way to Europe.

Then why are ther 12 or more brand new un-registered Cars sitting in an underground garage in East Munich?

Maybe Tesla will fail in 2020 because too many Tesla were sold in 2019!...

You really should take off those rose tinted specs when you reply!

Rose-tinted is right. When the stock goes up, it's because Elon Musk is a genius; when the stock goes down it's because of market manipulation :lol:

The huge success of Tesla in 2019 in the Netherlands is simple. If you use a corporate car for private use, you only pay 4% tax of the catalogue price. In 2020 it's 8%. If you drive petrol or diesel it's 22%: a clear incentive by the Dutch government to drive an e-car.

1 hour ago, SpiderPig said:

Then why are ther 12 or more brand new un-registered Cars sitting in an underground garage in East Munich?

Maybe Tesla will fail in 2020 because too many Tesla were sold in 2019!...

You really should take off those rose tinted specs when you reply!

Maybe you should take off the shit-tinted glasses and go for a test drive.  I do think that there are fanbois who go a bit overboard, but the haters are just as ridiculous.  Elon Musk basically reinvented transporation while building a car manufacturer from scratch. It took other companies like ford and Mercedes a hundred years to get to where they are today..  He has built a really awesome car, even if you don't care for electric vehicles. 

20 minutes ago, BradinBayern said:

Elon Musk basically reinvented transporation

Fucking hell and you say there are fanbois who go overboard,think you need to look in the mirror after that statement.

4 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Fucking hell and you say there are fanbois who go overboard,think you need to look in the mirror after that statement.

Really?  He did what GM Ford and many others tried and failed to do. Don't you think that deserves a tiny bit of respect?

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

In less than 10 years:  Worldwide, Tesla only trails Toyota (TM) in market cap ($233B).

He's a fluke, he'll fail, he's not german.  Get over it.

7 hours ago, BradinBayern said:

Really?  He did what GM Ford and many others tried and failed to do. Don't you think that deserves a tiny bit of respect?

Yes but he did not reinvent transportation ffs.

Reinventing transportation is something along the lines of going from horses to mass produced cars not introducing cars that run on electricity.

The First Teslas werent even made my Tesla... they took another companies rolling chassis then put someone elses batteries into it... then Put the Tesla badge on it...   

Thats about as re-inventive as he got!