Tesla Gigafactories, News and Conversation

1,558 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, CincyInDE said:

The Mayor of Grünheide has a running bet that cars will be rolling off the assembly line at Gigafactory 4 before planes will be taking off from the new Berlin Airport.  

Wette_smaller.png.5345f7bb97353a10b4aba7

I think we`ll have cars running on nuclear fusion before planes will be taking off from the new Berlin Airport.

I think J² will have given up booze and finished his boat project  before planes will be taking off from the new Berlin Airport.

18 hours ago, BradinBayern said:

*Sigh* you do not NEED to feed anything into the system.  No one forces you to.  Yes, you would need an invertor and probably a small battery pack.  You saving on fuel would more than make up for it.  Look up "Eigenverbrauch" and educate yourself fer chrissakes!

so, I have looked at "Own use" and if I go down that route "oficcially", then I will need to get my local energy supplier to install 2 additional electric meters.. 

One to measure what my panels produce... and one to determine how much I feed back into the network..

If I add a battery,  this is then an "Off grid"  system and is really not much use to me... my appliances are all 240v... 

4 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

so, I have looked at "Own use" and if I go down that route "oficcially", then I will need to get my local energy supplier to install 2 additional electric meters.. 

One to measure what my panels produce... and one to determine how much I feed back into the network..

If I add a battery,  this is then an "Off grid"  system and is really not much use to me... my appliances are all 240v... 

"Steckdose Einspeisen" (Grid Tie Inverter) are now tolerated in Germany:

https://www.verbraucherzentrale.de/wissen/energie/erneuerbare-energien/steckersolar-solarstrom-vom-balkon-direkt-in-die-steckdose-8189

It is basically an inverter that you connect to any plug in your house and it will inject the electricity you are generating into your house circuit and that electricity will be used first before using the one from your provider.

If you read the link you will find a couple of things you have to take care, the first one is the outlet you use to connect the inverter, you might have to change it for one that fulfill some special requirements.   And the other one is what happens when you produce more electricity than the one you are consuming, depending on your meter it might go backwards and if that's the case you need to to register that with your provider, some sets include already the form you have to send them.   Digital meters have limitations and might not go backwards.  Your provider might even be willing to change you the meter for one that supports better grid ties.  Other providers are very negative about this.

Some clever inverters are able to throttle the meter to keep it still if you are over producing electricity, like this one (in case you do not want to register it):

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01MRW4A4D/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=solaranlage+steckdose&qid=1579776291&sr=8-6

Finally... someone with somesort of a grip on my situation....

If you search Solar in munich, you will see my other thread...  

Brad... you may wish to read about the solar tech.. its quite interesting... 

25 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

Finally... someone with somesort of a grip on my situation...

If you search Solar in munich, you will see my other thread...  

Brad... you may wish to read about the solar tech.. its quite interesting... 

This might explain it to you.   https://www.solaranlage-ratgeber.de/wp-content/uploads/images/solarstrom-nutzung-grafik-gb.jpg

You do not HAVE to do #3, but you can.  There is no law saying you must. .  You can do one and two.  For two you need batteries and an inverter.  For one you also need an inverter, but you can use one like Krieg posted.  All clear now?  

Back to the topic.

Obviously it is not the first time Americans were interested in the area where Tesla plans to built the factory:

They found seven American bombs.

2 minutes ago, AnswerToLife42 said:

Back to the topic.

Obviously it is not the first time Americans were interested in the area where Tesla plans to built the factory:

fairly normal day.  

24 minutes ago, AnswerToLife42 said:

Back to the topic.

I wonder if the "Forest Walkers" knew what they were walking on.  

On 21.1.2020, 10:51:22, jeremytwo said:

Oh dear... Mr Elon (Green) Musk has begun to chop trees down for his new factory:

Turns out the trees were planted on the property (that was already designated as an industry zone) with the intention of harvesting them at some point - whether Tesla built a plant or not.  

Zur Rodung sagte Christiani, der Wald auf dem Tesla-Gelände sei mit Kiefern bepflanzt worden, um geerntet zu werden. Es handle sich um Nutzwald. Bis Ende Februar soll auf der Fläche der geplanten Fabrik der Wald gerodet sein - vor dem Beginn der neuen Vegetationsperiode.

Planting trees in an area where chance of bombs in the underground is high and planning to harvest them later,

sounds like playing Battleship or Russian roulette.

I wish more effort was put into "ecconomical and clean storage of electricity"... 

Then the paper pushers done away with so we can simply just feed all out excess power back into the net without cost or complication... 

In the US there's a lot more acceptance for dreaming big, reaching high, and changing course.  Everything there ain't bad, even if some tweaking is in order.  :)