Berlin to get a Tesla Gigafactory

789 posts in this topic

Just now, SpiderPig said:

Is that you MikeMegla?

I wish.  I can't afford a Tesla.  Just because I understand the absolute basics of how electric cars and solar panels work, that makes me a Tesla fanboi?  

11 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

More than 2 more panels means it has to be registered in DE...   then I have to pay all the Mwst etc and as a one man band, its eats all my profit/advantage...

Nonsense, as you could charge the MWSt. on top if the price you´re selling the electricity for.

1 hour ago, SpiderPig said:

If I was using it myself, I would need to store it in batteries...  then there are no taxes to pay  ...

That´s one of the good things in Cyprus: they allow net metering. You get as much kWh credited as you feed into the grid. That way the grid serves as a free battery. Another thing Germany could learn from Cyprus (apart from e. g. giving work permits for cheap carers for the elderly).

The Mayor of Grünheide has a running bet that cars will be rolling off the assembly line at Gigafactory 4 before planes will be taking off from the new Berlin Airport.  

Wette_smaller.png.5345f7bb97353a10b4aba7

3 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

how?..   my solar panels work at 144v max voltage 

Nicely edited you clown.. 

Huh?  You can charge an electric car at 110 volts (or 220, or 440).  Really, go and read up a little. 

20 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

ok... at 1.6 amps.. I will need to wait a week to get out of the village in the car... 

No because as I have already explained, if you added extra panels then you could charge up your car just fine.  If you didn't sell the power back, then you don't need to pay taxes or to register as a business because you will be using all of the power yourself to charge your car and operate your house.  Do I need to get out the crayons?  

If I introduce more panels and exceed the 1.5kw, the system needs  to be registered and ALL of the power generated is fed into the system at fixed rate... I do not get to keep any of the power for my own usage... 

If I stored the power in a battery bank.. then I could have as many pannels as I wished... but I would not be able to use 220v appliances unless I had cetain outlet sockets seperately wired and then an inverter would be required... 

You are the one who should read up on it... a little knowledge is dangerous.. 

21 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

If I introduce more panels and exceed the 1.5kw, the system needs  to be registered and ALL of the power generated is fed into the system at fixed rate... I do not get to keep any of the power for my own usage... 

*Sigh* you do not NEED to feed anything into the system.  No one forces you to.  Yes, you would need an invertor and probably a small battery pack.  You saving on fuel would more than make up for it.  Look up "Eigenverbrauch" and educate yourself fer chrissakes!

do you have any solar panels?  

Thought not..

Go on then... find me a "small battery pack" that would allow me to run a dishwasher, deep freezer, TV, small fridge and Laptop.... 

54 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

do you have any solar panels?  

Thought not..

Go on then... find me a "small battery pack" that would allow me to run a dishwasher, deep freezer, TV, small fridge and Laptop... 

17 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

Ffs.. I have 4 panels and each has a max output of 250w... 

Enough to run a TV, laptop, dishwasher and freezer in the middle of summer..

huh? You are already have enough to run everything but if you added a battery pack and more panels, suddenly you wouldn't???

4 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

you always have to chip in dont you? 

I don´t have to - but I felt like.

5 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

You always know better... but you really have no idea... 

I had a PV device feeding into the grid until I sold my German property last year and that´s exactly how I did it. So I know for a fact that it works like that.

Why don't Spiglet and Braddy get a room! As for Spiglet telling Jeba about chipping in is funny. Have a nice portion of chips and shoulders big boy.

10 hours ago, Boggsdollocks said:

If the Tesla Powerwall was a viable option when I built my house, I probably would have maxed out on the photovoltaic panels.

They will become much cheaper within 1.5 years. Tesla will begin producing their own batteries in 2020. Then in 2021 the Tesla European factory in Berlin should drop the prices even further. Right now they are expensive simply because of demand.

14 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

Is that you MikeMegla?

I wonder how much electricity you would have to save to offset the cost of a Tesla.