Tesla Gigafactories, News and Conversation

1,558 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, AnswerToLife42 said:

Your solar panels produced 5kWh over the day! Or for people from the island 17000btu.

NO!!   stop adding detail that I didnt put..

my 4 panels produce on average 5kw of power.. not 5KWh.. look at the graph I posted.

36 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

The whole protest thing reeks of "not-in-my-back-yard".

Most of this sort of protests usually are.

There again they`re are the ones who have to live with it on their doorstep.

TBH I wouldn`t want to live on the doorstep of a car manufacturing plant or any big industrial plant.

When I started where I work 18 years ago there was our factory and 1 other there and the nearest house was about 2km away.But of course in those 18 years more plants have moved in and now there is about 20 businesses there.Of course because of this the residential area has increased in size and the nearest house to us is about 500m away.And of course those residents write to the stadt and complain about the noise especially at night.I can understand the problem but why fucking buy a house just down the road from a massive factory.

I used to live a couple of miles from this  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeness_Nuclear_Power_Station  and tbh the protestors were more of a pain in the arse than the plant.

I would be happy to own a house in Grünheide.  Shouldn't be hard to rent out when you have up to 10,000 new people and their families coming to town.  Not to mention the construction crews and the suppliers. 

Maybe I can get one cheap from one of these silly protesters. 

Just now, BradinBayern said:

I would be happy to own a house in Grünheide.  Shouldn't be hard to rent out when you have up to 10,000 new people and their families coming to town.  Not to mention the construction crews and the suppliers. 

we`re talking about living there not property speculation.

5 minutes ago, Keleth said:

we`re talking about living there not property speculation.

Yeah, damn jobs and infrastructure improvements!  Who needs them!

Local Mayor Arne Christiani told Bloomberg: “It gives young people with a good education or a university degree the possibility to stay in our region—an option that didn’t exist in past years.”

The "investment" in the area has turned the town of 8,700 people into a major attraction, with proposals for U.S. style shopping malls and apartment buildings coming across the desk of local officials every day. Many people hope that the factory will help the area develop things like public transit.

„Die Region hier braucht dringend Arbeitsplätze und Infrastruktur, wie etwa Umgehungsstraßen“, sagt er: „Wenn auf dem Berliner Ring ein Unfall passiert, fahren alle durch Erkner und Grünheide und wir haben Staus ohne Ende. Wenn Tesla hier baut, muss die Infrastruktur ausgebaut werden - das ist eine große Chance.“

2 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

NO!!   stop adding detail that I didnt put..

my 4 panels produce on average 5kw of power.. not 5KWh.. look at the graph I posted.

You are mixing W with Wh.

BTW 5KWh is enough for my daily commute. Although I would probably install 2kW solar panels, to get around 20kWh per day or more. Enough for self consumption, plus car, plus heat pump.

2 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

You are mixing W with Wh.

BTW 5KWh is enough for my daily commute. Although I would probably install 2kW solar panels, to get around 20kWh per day or more. Enough for self consumption, plus car, plus heat pump.

I guess you mean 2 kWp? That wouldn´t be enough to produce 20 kW/day. Even on a sunny summer day you´d need at least 6 kWp for that. You´re not in Cyprus, after all:P

28 minutes ago, jeba said:

I guess you mean 2 kWp? That wouldn´t be enough to produce 20 kW/day. Even on a sunny summer day you´d need at least 6 kWp for that. You´re not in Cyprus, after all:P

Sorry, my math was for Portugal... I won't invest in a house which is not mine, in Germany...

32 minutes ago, jeba said:

20kW/d would be 27PS/d ! (you immediately see that the units are wrong) keep the units right!

kw is power and kWh is energy.

If you have a generator that produces 1kW (power) and you let it run for 5h you get 5kWh (energy).

Ffs.. I have 4 panels and each has a max output of 250w... 

Enough to run a TV, laptop, dishwasher and freezer in the middle of summer... 

Not enough to get from Freimann to Munich and back

59 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

Ffs.. I have 4 panels and each has a max output of 250w... 

Enough to run a TV, laptop, dishwasher and freezer in the middle of summer... 

Not enough to get from Freimann to Munich and back

So get more panels and stop complaining.  What do they cost now?  250€?

More than 2 more panels means it has to be registered in DE...   then I have to pay all the Mwst etc and as a one man band, its eats all my profit/advantage... 

You guys should get in touch with the ins and outs of the actual cost and pitfalls of this game

9 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

More than 2 more panels means it has to be registered in DE...   then I have to pay all the Mwst etc and as a one man band, its eats all my profit/advantage... 

For your own use? That is not my understanding of the law.

8 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

who else?

Well, you can either use it yourself or sell off the excess.  I thought you knew all about this?

If I was using it myself, I would need to store it in batteries...  then there are no taxes to pay  ...

I thought you knew about these things...

of course its being fed into the system.. but as its less than 1.5kw, then its not registered .... so, when its sunny, I use the dishwasher and washmachine etc at a fraction of the normal cost....

But you being the clever Brad, knew that... 

18 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

If I was using it myself, I would need to store it in batteries...  then there are no taxes to pay  ...

There are actually batteries in electric cars.  If you had one, you would store the excess there.  

I thought you knew these things?  Perhaps a primer on how electric cars work?  You should really get in touch with the in and outs of electric cars.

13 minutes ago, BradinBayern said:

There are actually batteries in electric cars.  If you had one, you would store the excess there.  

I thought you knew these things?  Perhaps a primer on how electric cars work?  You should really get in touch with the in and outs of electric cars.

Is that you MikeMegla?