Tesla Gigafactories, News and Conversation

3,083 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, DanglingPointer said:

This is quite bad considering the news and articles all over the place saying, Tesla has ramped up production and deliveries have scaled up. Also, I believe, I loose BAFA bonus as well if it comes beyond 2022.

As of January 1st 2023, the Innovationsprämie for the Model Y is reduced from 5000 to 3500 Euro - and is also from then on only for private buyers.

In mid-2023 it will be reduced again and the funds will only be available until they run out, probably by the end of the year.

fwiw by June this year I already saw people cancelling their Model 3 orders from January 2022 because they realized they weren't going to receive them before the end of the year.

Any EV manufacturer that in June was promising a 2022 delivery for a new order of a custom configured vehicle that wasn't already on pre-order and planned for production was either lying or living in a fantasy world.

By mid-August 2022, the projected delivery time for the Model Y Long Range was already mid-2023. What remains to be seen is if the supposedly short delivery times of the Model Y Performance will hold. I believe so far those have only been pre-configured: https://teslamag.de/news/tesla-taktik-europa-bis-ein-jahr-lieferzeit-kleines-model-3-usa-model-y-48242

Yes. When I ordered Tesla mentioned that only the Performance model is produced in Germany as of now. I ordered LR white, with default 19" wheels. I also heard that people who ordered with 20" wheels are getting quicker deliveries, but right now everything is haphazard. Hoping to still get it this year, but maybe Tesla wants to earn more money and hence force customers to buy 20" wheels and upgrade to other colors. Not sure.

I think China will export more to Europe soon. There is severe economical retraction right now and delivery times in china are very short.

The 20" wheels is true. It's even stated on their website.

Here's a review of the Tesla Y with comments if you're interested.

We really like the controls and knobs in our Hyundai so we don't have to do everything on the monitor. It is very difficult to use a touch screen while riding down the road. Even worse for me as the passenger as I must use my left hand.

@fraufruit

How is the charging Infrastructure for Hyundai? I can't imagine life without Tesla superchargers and the ease of using them on long trips. That was the only reason I opted for Tesla. After driving one year I am used to it but still having a heads up display would have been better and having few controls for the defogger and other stuff would have done no harm. I have tried to use defogger using voice commands and it works, but still heads up display is something I miss. 

Now with this long wait for Model Y, I need to check what other quicker options are in Market. Going back to ICE somehow feels like going back to stone age. 

We've had no problem finding chargers when traveling. We drove 500 km yesterday and stopped half way. The battery was 100% before we finished eating our ham and cheese sandwiches and drinking our coffee. The charger finder app tells where they are with maps, how many and what kind. It also shows how many are occupied or out of service. There were 4 fast chargers available yesterday. The same when we drove down. BTW, we only charge 100% when on long trips. At home, we had an outlet put in our underground parking space which is quite enough.

Do you find it difficult to use the touch screen when driving? We also have voice command but I'd rather just press a button to regulate my thermostat or control the music volume. Not into talking to cars.

There are some photos here.

Photos looks good. Shape Wise I like Ioniq 5 more than model Y and it has heads-up display and some knobs as well, but pretty sure it also has long waiting times, if some one orders now.

Efficiency wise, though Tesla has better software and more efficient motors.

They market the Y as an SUV and it clearly isn't. 

We are pleased with motor efficiency and software and we get over air updates.

In the end, driving is about getting from point A to point B.

The one thing we would do differently is get the 19 inch tires instead of 20 inch.

10 hours ago, DanglingPointer said:

What to do with such people, parking their cars and blocking super chargers :ph34r:

teslaSuperCharger.JPG

Just playing devil's advocate here...there appear to be no markings on the surface and no signs indicating that these spaces are for electric vehicles only. I could imagine a slightly out of touch, elderly driver may not know what a Tesla charger is or looks like.

Is that Brunnthal btw?

1 hour ago, theGman said:

This was in Vaterstten, near Parsdorf. Agreed there are no markings like EVs only, but there were plenty of young people parking there and couple of Tesla drivers were furious waiting for the spaces to get free :D

1 hour ago, theGman said:

Just playing devil's advocate here...there appear to be no markings on the surface and no signs indicating that these spaces are for electric vehicles only. I could imagine a slightly out of touch, elderly driver may not know what a Tesla charger is or looks like.

Is that Brunnthal btw?

On 21.9.2022, 13:52:45, fraufruit said:

Here's a review of the Tesla Y with comments if you're interested.

We really like the controls and knobs in our Hyundai so we don't have to do everything on the monitor. It is very difficult to use a touch screen while riding down the road. Even worse for me as the passenger as I must use my left hand.

After a very long trip on the Ioniq, I still prefer Tesla's interface. Much more intuitive and less buggy. The Hyundai steering wheel controls are bad. And all the physical knobs are just a reminder that all those subsystems are not properly integrated together, as they come from different suppliers, so coming from a Tesla you feel the whole thing was not thought together.

Regarding the review, it's typical. They complain about lack of apple car or android auto. Why? Because when I drove the Hyundai, I definitely used android auto. With the Tesla, you don't need it, the navigation system is excellent and works much better in tunnels and underground parks.

The bumpy ride argument I accept, that's why I always recommend the smallest rims. the 21" rims are horrible, but people like how they look.

Rear visibility is true. Rising prices... not really, they are actually falling.

On 21.9.2022, 16:35:12, fraufruit said:

They market the Y as an SUV and it clearly isn't. 

It's not an SUV for sure. But it's also much bigger than the Hyundai. Ioniq trunk is very small in comparion. On the other hand, it feels light and spacious inside.

Just now, MikeMelga said:

It's not an SUV for sure. But it's also much bigger than the Hyundai. Ioniq trunk is very small in comparion. On the other hand, it feels light and spacious inside.

2 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

I second that based on my experience today morning. Since I am without car just drove a ShareNOW BMW i3 and its horrible, compared to Tesla. No boot space, Very low build quality. Tesla is so easy and fun to drive and that factor was missing in BMW i3

19 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

We recently had a charger in Slovenia blocked by 4 bicycles. All was clearly marked.

Were they e-Bikes at least?