Tesla Gigafactories, News and Conversation

2,986 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, catjones said:

Please make one

I have

I repeat it for you one more time

Musk is being  being sued over his pyarimd style use of crypto, that's all, do you rember now?, just check that last couple of pages. 

I said nothing about him advising people to jump, like you say, got any links for that? 

I provided several links to what I said you provide nothing but BS

On 17.6.2022, 12:11:16, yesterday said:

Elon Musk sued for $258 billion over alleged Dogecoin pyramid scheme

Are they Illegal in USA

O yes

Would of thought nothing will happen thou

If true, good. Fuck crypto. This won't probably go anywhere, just discredits the whole cryptoshit.

On 18.6.2022, 11:09:43, El Jeffo said:

Isn't Musk buying Twitter because he wants to be a champion of free speech? Or was he talking about freeze peach? 🥶 🍑

He is buying twitter because it doesn't do what he wants, after smoking some pot. Where is that edit button?

Regarding SpaceX, although I agree with the content of the signup, there are two things that prevent this from being a free speech issue. First, free speech doesn't apply in professinal environment. Example: you can't say to a customer he is an asshole and not to expect to be fired. Second, the point here was not the content of the signup, was harrassing other employees to sign it.

14 hours ago, yesterday said:

I repeat it for you one more time

Your link goes here and says nothing about Musk.  That's why I said I had no idea what you were referring to...duh

Capture.JPG

15 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

He is buying twitter because it doesn't do what he wants, after smoking some pot.

I know you (may) be sarcastic, nonetheless, I always find it amusing how some people know for a fact what's in the mind of others and are able to reduce complexity to a simple few words.  Nuclear fusion: less goes in; more goes out.

I worked at Oracle and have met Larry Ellison.  He has a ruthless reputation and is worth $93 billion.    QIA had an estimated $300 billion of assets while Andreessen Horowitz manages  28.2 billion.  Those three, coupled with Musk, represent some of the dumbest investors on the planet.  Larry has told me himself, he uses TT to gain insight and analysis.

" Musk is relying on his Tesla stake to help fund his $21 billion portion of the Twitter deal by selling some shares and borrowing against others. (He's also brought in other investors including Oracle founder Larry Ellison, the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz and Qatar's sovereign wealth fund to help finance the purchase.) "

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/13/1098741154/elon-musk-twitter-deal-hold-pause

I worked at Oracle

So did I but not by choice (via one of Oracle's many acquisitions).  Survived until retirement age - just.

and have met Larry Ellison  Award"

& I met Scott McNealy (back in 2004 on winning a "Chairman's Award" together with a small team of colleagues).

17 hours ago, catjones said:

If you're referring to this piece, I find it interesting that nobody sues when they make money; only when they lose.

So we agree, they are sueing  because that think Musk did wrong. Just like any other case

I think Musk will win, but its being helded in America so who knows

17 hours ago, catjones said:
On 19/06/2022, 23:01:59, catjones said:

Who would choose the traditional battery over the new, improved one?

Tesla Inc's new car factories in Texas and Berlin are "losing billions of dollars" as they struggle to increase production because of a shortage of batteries and China port issues, Chief Executive Elon Musk said in an interview published on Wednesday.

"Both Berlin and Austin factories are gigantic money furnaces right now. Okay? It's really like a giant roaring sound, which is the sound of money on fire," Musk said in an interview with Tesla Owners of Silicon Valley, an official Tesla-recognized club, in Austin, Texas, on May 31.

The club divided its interview with Musk into three parts, the last of which was released on Wednesday.

Musk said Tesla's Texas factory produces a "tiny" number of cars because of challenges in boosting production of its new "4680" batteries and as tools to make its conventional 2170 batteries are "stuck in port in China." "This is all going to get fixed real fast, but it requires a lot of attention," he said.

He said its Berlin factory is in a "slightly better position" because it started with using the traditional 2170 batteries for cars built there.

article

28 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

article

So Musk appears to be screwing the share price again?

On 6/23/2022, 2:18:02, fraufruit said:

You'd be able to ask this question of any technology.  TVs today vs yesterday, Iphones, laptops, 2021 Mercedes vs 2022.  If you wish to wait, you'll be waiting a very long time.  But then, you of all people, know that.

It is good to see that Elon Musk is a clown at running his company just like every other top manager.   Musk threatened to fire his employees if they didn't come back to office, but he forgot Tesla's headcount almost doubled since Covid and home office started.  So his employees were back to find there are no desks for everyone. not enough parking places and the WiFi can't handle the traffic, so some managers told their employees to go back to home office because they couldn't do their job at the offices.

Every time you think your company is doing crap decisions remember Elon Musk.

6 hours ago, Krieg said:

no desks for everyone. not enough parking places and the WiFi can't handle the traffic,

I'll take your word for this since there's no link.

As Elon once said, "If I can put people on Mars, I can buy desks, build parking spaces and upgrade my WIFI."

2 hours ago, catjones said:

As Elon once said, "If I can put people on Mars, I can buy desks, build parking spaces and upgrade my WIFI."

He´s still not gonna blow you though.

14 hours ago, catjones said:

But then, you of all people, know that.

Why FF specifically?

She an engineer or tech boffin?

16 hours ago, catjones said:

Missing the point completely.    What he did shows he is disconnected from his own company.

On 23.6.2022, 11:18:02, fraufruit said:

The new batteries are more about cost reduction, there aren't many direct customer advantages except for potential price reduction.

There are some rumors about faster charging and less degradation, but the important point is cost and scalability, as these batteries require 10x less factory floor to be made.