Tesla Gigafactories, News and Conversation

2,950 posts in this topic

It could have something to do with Musk withdrawing his offer to buy Twitter after making Twitter's stock dive. He does have the means to manipulate the market and that is frowned upon.

Just a guess.

Would imagine ( as already said on previous page ) that the market has finally come to accept that it is way over valued, coupled with huge inflation, rising interest rates, very high oil/ gas prices and the coming expected food shortages in large parts of the world and the un certainty  of the Ukraine situation. Basically the short to medium term future does not look very good at all. Expect many country's to go into recession over the next year or so.

Sorry do not wish to be too negative ... but I do not think the situation looks good.

Some people are expecting a major down turn in the markets of the world as a recession digs in and a lot more people have to cut their spending, companies like Tesla, which have a very large valuation based on their market cap, to there product range might suffer a larger than normal de valuation, but predicting the future is hard. 

The  Mini Dow Jones Indus.-$5 Jun 22 (YM=F)  or dow futures market is well down from its highs of 35,000. Its not just Tesla that's down, but a lot of companies are down as well.

If this does turn into a full stock market correction, expect a lot of shares to go substantially down from here, which could take years to recover from or its just another mini correction.

There are rumours that because of this...

Elon Musk plans to ‘vote Republican’ and warns of political attacks on him | Elon Musk | The Guardian 

and a few other posts of his that Musk is about to be hit hard by the SEC or he is trying to back out of his deal to buy Twitter (which would cost him something like 5bn or 1bn depending on who you believe just to back out)or that he is expecting something big against him to become public knowledge and that he is merely trying to cover his back and get people on his side before this does come out.

The ESG index measures Environmental, Social, and Governance activities to rank its members.

Tesla was kicked out due to its lack of a low-carbon strategy, codes of business conduct, racism and poor working conditions at its Fremont plant, and an investigation by the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration.

In response, Elon called the ESG metrics the "devil incarnate" - as one does.

source

Well, you can't take them seriously if they say Tesla has no low-carbon strategy... Lots of bullshit put together. NHTSA mention is another proof.

1 hour ago, yesterday said:

Would imagine ( as already said on previous page ) that the market has finally come to accept that it is way over valued, coupled with huge inflation, rising interest rates, very high oil/ gas prices and the coming expected food shortages in large parts of the world and the un certainty  of the Ukraine situation. Basically the short to medium term future does not look very good at all. Expect many country's to go into recession over the next year or so.

It's not over valued. If you look at P/E ratio for the next 2 years, it was well value as it was a month ago.

Current Tesla PE ratio is around 58 (considering Q1). Apple is around 32. Tesla will match Apple PE ratio within 12-18 months. And will match Google's PE ratio of 20 within 24-30 months.

Long are the days of PE ratios of >1.300! This is a hugely profitable company, with a huge backlog and expanding 60-80% per year.

Some people are expecting a major down turn in the markets of the world as a recession digs in and a lot more people have to cut their spending, companies like Tesla, which have a very large valuation based on their market cap, to there product range might suffer a larger than normal de valuation, but predicting the future is hard. 

It's not, they have 1 year of backlog and still keep raising prices and gross margins. Mark my words: this is a purchase opportunity.

I think inflation will decrease by year's end, as well as Ukraine's war. My target price is $1300-1700, which is double of what it is now.

15 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Well, you can't take them seriously if they say Tesla has no low-carbon strategy... Lots of bullshit put together. NHTSA mention is another proof.

Maybe read this and see why they say they have no low carbon strategy...

Climate and Energy Benchmark - Automotive - World Benchmarking Alliance

If Tesla won´t tell anyone what it is then why should anyone accept they have one?

Someone explain me how GM has a better "environmental" score on ESG formula than Tesla... what a fucking joke...

7 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

GM has a better "environmental" score on ESG formula than Tesla

Perhaps due to more favourable carbon accounting. Many carbon numbers are based on "negative emissions", ie, preventing some emission that you would have caused, had you carried on with an action. Eg, mines switching from diesel to electric haul trucks = huge saving on paper for mines. Or some other offset. Its a "minus from maximum damage" that wins you the points, not "as low as possible contribution from zero" in the carbon markets.

3 hours ago, fraufruit said:

"politically motived"

Yea, right. I wasn't aware he was running for office.

It's the Trump method: any time someone investigates or even discusses the bad/immoral/illegal things I did, it's a witch hunt. Politically motivated. Cancel culture.

It would be funny if it weren't so desperate.

BTW: Musk's cries of political motivation were just him trying to get ahead of the breaking news. A timeline:

elongate-timeline.jpg.9bff32512c27942886

Musk has declared that he will vote Republican now so maybe he is getting political.

FFS, with his money, he could have hired a 1st class prostitute to take care of him on his plane instead of assaulting an employee.

31 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

FFS, with his money, he could have hired a 1st class prostitute to take care of him on his plane instead of assaulting an employee.

Mental toddlers don't have that kind of foresight. They have no impulse control.

Also see: Twitter takeover

I´m sure he could find a woman to sleep with him willingly without it costing him anything.

However, with many rich men, it seems to be more of a power thing than anything to do with actual sex and because in this case it*s Musk if anything comes of it you know people are going to come out in the thousands and defend him and blame the woman.

Anyway, that´s a whole other thread.

Musk has declared that he will vote Republican now so maybe he is getting political.

Yep someone with his money is almost 99% going to go republican. Which party is more likely to come after his money, working conditions etc. Not many of the mega-rich seem to be democrats.

On 20/05/2022, 00:28:54, MikeMelga said:

Someone explain me how GM has a better "environmental" score on ESG formula than Tesla... what a fucking joke...

What Tesla CEO Elon Musk gets wrong about ESG, according to Dave Nadig

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-ceo-elon-musk-wrong-about-esg-133447951.html

"It's important to remember that ESG has three letters in it, not just one," Nadig said. "

Nadig explained that the "social part has to do with how you're treating your employees, and the governance part often has to do with how well you're managing your company

Margaret Dorn, S&P's head of ESG indices for North America, stated that Tesla's rating was adversely affected by allegations of racial discrimination and poor working conditions in its Fremont, California, factory in addition to the company's handling of an investigation of deaths linked to its autopilot feature.

Hang on a sec according to some people the Auto pilot is the most beautiful and perfect system in the world.

BULLSHIT! How is Exxon mobile in that index??? ESG is just greenwashing heavy polluters!

The autopilot investigation? Really? How does that shit fit in that? How many millions are killed in oil wars? How is that accounted in that index?

Autopilot was just recognized (last week) by an independent study as making Tesla cars 2x safer than ALL others.

Personally I tend to agree with you one this one.

Cannot see why Exxon is greener than Tesla, but I do not know what racial discrimination and poor working conditions play in the rating system

51 minutes ago, yesterday said:

Cannot see why Exxon is greener than Tesla, but I do not know what racial discrimination and poor working conditions play in the rating system

The poor working conditions is very old news that in the past 4 years improved dramatically. There have been many articles pointing exactly on the opposite direction.

The racial discrimination... well, i don't know enough about it, but what I've read so far are a few isolated cases, and nothing out of the ordinary for such a large company.