Tesla Gigafactories, News and Conversation

2,950 posts in this topic

On 3/27/2022, 8:00:19, MikeMelga said:

Suspending it would reduce noise substantially. Nothing was done. They don't give a shit and to be honest, the employees also don't give a shit.

Stockholm Factory Syndrome

On 27/03/2022, 17:00:19, MikeMelga said:

I've actually been in a VW car plant (Portugal) and the "robot" section had almost no one.

You´ll usually find that every set of robots (how many depends on the task) will have 1 person responsible for them for basic operations and repairs.

On 27/03/2022, 17:00:19, MikeMelga said:

I've also been in a stamping company and the noise and pressure of stamping is so high that you get sick just by standing there,

You were either in a really shit or uninspected one.

Yes they´re loud but not in the way you describe.

On 27/03/2022, 16:07:33, MikeMelga said:

But Porsche's/VW factory has no gigapress, no in-house battery facility, no foundry, etc.

Porsche have never actually made anything themselves,they´ve always designed the car but the pieces come from outside companies and then they´re put together by Porsche.

They have just recently brought a Werkzeugbau company and in Leipzig are building apparently the worlds most advanced presswerk.

On 27/03/2022, 16:07:33, MikeMelga said:

Porsche will do just fine, because customers are paying for the brand.

Sorry but the Taycan shits all over a Tesla from a great height.

10 hours ago, Keleth said:

...in Leipzig are building apparently the worlds most advanced presswerk

Apparently "one" of the most advanced ;) 

Das Joint-Venture von Schuler und Porsche, der Smart Press Shop, hat vor wenigen Wochen in Halle mit der Produktion begonnen. Auf der grünen Wiese ist hier eines der modernsten Presswerke überhaupt entstanden.https:///karosserieteilefertigung-von-morgen-a-1032338/

It should also not be confused with Tesla's Gigapress, which is an aluminium die casting machine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giga_Press

A Presswerk / pressroom make sheetmetal parts such as bonnets, side panels, roofs etc.

1 hour ago, Janx Spirit said:

A Presswerk / pressroom make sheetmetal parts such as bonnets, side panels, roofs etc.

You don´t say.

Was merely replying to MMs "knowledge" of Porsche and stamping techniques which he apparently professes to know everything about but knows absolutely nothing.

2 hours ago, Janx Spirit said:

It should also not be confused with Tesla's Gigapress, which is an aluminium die casting machine.

Really?

I worked for Porsche for 5 years on a band such as shown in the video earlier.

I worked  in werkzeugbau .

I worked in QC for Daimler.

I now work in a presswerk.

So tell MM that experience comes from working there not from spending a long time on Google and Tesla fan sites.

Is there any app to find Tesla super charger near any location? For e.g. I plan to travel to Hallstatt from Munich and also to some places in Italy during easter.
When I use ABRP or Tesla super charger it shows me where to stop etc. but how can I find superchargers/charging infrastructure around my destination. I can see it on maps, but is there an app where it list down superchargers nearby?

You answered your own question. Google maps allows you to do that. Zoom in on your destination and search in that area for superchargers.

40 minutes ago, DanglingPointer said:

Is there any app to find Tesla super charger near any location? For e.g. I plan to travel to Hallstatt from Munich and also to some places in Italy during easter.
When I use ABRP or Tesla super charger it shows me where to stop etc. but how can I find superchargers/charging infrastructure around my destination. I can see it on maps, but is there an app where it list down superchargers nearby?

for Android I use Next Plug.  For iOS (and also Android) there's AirElectric.

7 hours ago, DanglingPointer said:

You can use the Tesla navigation system, just filter by high speed chargers and move the map to your destination area.

Tesla just increased Model 3 prices by roughly 5-7000€ in all Europe. This is unexpected and seems to reflect rising material costs, but as Model Y prices remain the same, it might indicate they are pushing EU customers for the Berlin-made Model Y, while keeping Model 3 for the increased demand in China and US.

Right now the AWD long range Model 3 is at the same price as the Model Y equivalent.

Thanks. That was interesting. 

I disagree with the first point about the split making the stock more affordable for workers because they can always buy fractional shares as can anyone else.

And, yes, stock splits are a wash.

Tesla delivers record number of cars despite challenges

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-60978211

Chief executive Elon Musk says the improvement came despite an "extremely difficult quarter", including strict coronavirus policies in China, where Tesla has a so-called 'giga factory'.

Tesla delivered 310,048 cars from the start of this year to the end of March, up from 184,800 a year earlier, according to figures released over the weekend.

Did anyone apply Film/Tint to Model 3 rear windows and rear glass? Does it help in summer?

Any recommendation in Munich?

Do you find problematic with the heat? I usually cool down the car 5min before getting there and when I arrive it's good.

13 hours ago, DanglingPointer said:

Did anyone apply Film/Tint to Model 3 rear windows and rear glass?

So far, I have not seen any pimped Teslas.