Tesla Gigafactories, News and Conversation

2,796 posts in this topic

Ahh, Mike, I love your optimism -  time has proven that it is well founded...

But I still see some shit shows shitting on the side walk  ;) 

I have no doubt it will become the largest company in the world, by market cap and revenue. They have a winning formula that is hard to copy, because it's not about technology, it's about process. And oldtime companies are too rigid to adapt.

But at some point I need to cash in part of the investment and try to find another company with bigger growth potential. I thought I would do it in 2024-25, but perhaps a bit sooner.

Does anybody know how long it takes to get the govt. rebate when buying an EV?

Himself ordered one and we are scrounging up money.

Thanks. So that was after you received and paid for your car or did the dealership let you withhold that amount until you got it?

50% of the Förderung comes off the cost of the car, and the VAT from that portion vanishes.  After you pay for the car and receive it, the Feds send you a bank transfer for the rest of the Förderung.  Tesla did not offer to front us the money that would be reimbursed. 

A wee bit disappointed. We thought our new EV was on a ship headed to Europe. Himself has been tracking the ship. The dealership just called and said it hasn't been shipped yet. Ugh.

Beside the chip shortage, when you order one with a solar roof it takes much longer.

We're still excited, though.

9 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

A wee bit disappointed. We thought our new EV was on a ship headed to Europe. Himself has been tracking the ship. The dealership just called and said it hasn't been shipped yet. Ugh.

Beside the chip shortage, when you order one with a solar roof it takes much longer.

We're still excited, though.

Did you end up going for the Hyundai Ioniq 5?

Himself sat in a Tesla. Didn't like it.

At this point, we aren't expecting it until maybe April which is a pity because we have a trip planned to Italy in March. (Which may get called off if our Ami friends can't come due to Covid restrictions.)

Not a biggy. Our current car works fine. 

Have you seen an Ioniq 5 or sat in one? They are pretty comfy and cool.

12 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

At this point, we aren't expecting it until maybe April which is a pity because we have a trip planned to Italy in March. (Which may get called off if our Ami friends can't come due to Covid restrictions.)

Just a tip - this repeated use of the term "Himself" sounds really dumb.
Why can't you just write "my husband"?
I'm sure your gang of sycophants will rush to tell you it sounds really clever though.

33 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

The IT systems on the Ioniq 5 are also top IMO and leave VW (among others) in the dust. It's a great car all around. We ended up buying a three years old Audi A6 for a comparatively low price after the accident in March (which I incidentally could sell now for a very good profit). The car will go to my wife and be used as our holidays and weekend car and I'll buy a smaller electrical one for my commute - not in a hurry though as long as I keep doing 2 or 3 times a week home office. but I've been test driving: Tesla 3, Hyundai, Mustang Mach-E. I really liked the Ioniq 5. I'm hoping for one in a smaller and bit cheaper package.

29 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Seen one but haven't sat in one. I think they look pretty cool and the specs are not to be sneezed at either.

2 hours ago, Eric7 said:

'm sure your gang of sycophants will rush to tell you it sounds really clever though.

It's actually more of a gaggle of sycophants...

2 minutes ago, catjones said:

It's actually more of a gaggle of sycophants...

I was actually thinking more along the lines of "coven" tbh.

On 6.1.2022, 18:05:36, fraufruit said:

Does anybody know how long it takes to get the govt. rebate when buying an EV?

Himself ordered one and we are scrounging up money.

Part of it is already included in the car price, usually 3000€, but depends on a few factors.

The rest you need to wait 6 months and fill in a form to claim back the money. After that it's fast.

Form somewhere here:

https://www.bafa.de/DE/Energie/Energieeffizienz/Elektromobilitaet/elektromobilitaet_node.html

Exactly and these days despite, so much demand BAFA processed my application quite fast. Same was the case even with my friend. I applied on 26.08.2021 and the 6k was in my account on 12.10.2021. And this is first time, I was able do do something paperless in Germany. All process was online :-)

Yes, the 3k is deducted from the price by the dealer. Himself talked to him today and we could get a car sooner but it would be black (NO) and not have the solar roof and some other upgrades. We will wait. We want it mit allem und scharf. :rolleyes: