Tesla Gigafactories, News and Conversation

2,780 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

I think the doorbell is assumed to only film within your property. That is fine.

I had a bit of hope they would also allow it for the Tesla, but I think Tesla right now does not want to piss off Germans, even if they are right. But I know some EU countries have the feature.

Think again, how useful is a doorbell camera that can only record within your own property? 

Anyway, I still think something does not fit.

10 minutes ago, Krieg said:

Think again, how useful is a doorbell camera that can only record within your own property? 

They catch many thieves with them in the U.S. stealing packages off of porches. They deter many from breaking in. Usually, you can see out to the street with them.

3 hours ago, Krieg said:

Anyway, I still think something does not fit.

Perhaps there is special legislation for doorbells, as video doorbells have been around for decades. But in general, my understanding is you can't point a surveilance camera to a part outside your property.

57 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Perhaps there is special legislation for doorbells, as video doorbells have been around for decades. But in general, my understanding is you can't point a surveilance camera to a part outside your property.

Surveillance cameras must be pointed to your property.    Dashcams and Doorbells are tolerated if the software deletes the videos automatically after certain time, as I mentioned already.

Something does not add up.  But of course I am wasting my time here because Tesla never do anything wrong.

3 minutes ago, Krieg said:

But of course I am wasting my time here because Tesla never do anything wrong.

lol, they do plenty of shit wrong.  Even when they do have a reason for some decision, they hardly ever let us know what that reason is. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9 minutes ago, CincyInDE said:

lol, they do plenty of shit wrong.  Even when they do have a reason for some decision, they hardly ever let us know what that reason is. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know.  But we have a fanboi here, that make it difficult to discuss anything.

"Tesla launches ‘Cyberquad for Kids,’ shipping begins in 2-4 weeks"

CyberquadforKids.jpg.c215df39dbd25a11c24

"The $1,900 Cyberquad for Kids takes the look of the early Cyberquad prototype and shrinks it down… well… to kids’ size.

The Cyberquad for Kids sports a top speed of 10 mph and a maximum range of 15 miles"

https://electrek.co/2021/12/01/tesla-launches-cyberquad-for-kids-shipping-begins-in-2-4-weeks/

https://electrek.co/2021/12/01/tesla-launches-cyberquad-for-kids-shipping-begins-in-2-4-weeks/

48 minutes ago, Janx Spirit said:

"Tesla launches ‘Cyberquad for Kids,’ shipping begins in 2-4 weeks"

Finally something really cool, and the price is extremely competitive at $1900 because from the pics it looks decent.   It is a shame my kids are now big for this, but we might still consider it to move around in our motocross club.   16 km/h is a bit too slow, hopefully there will be a way to make it a bit faster.

2 hours ago, fraufruit said:

And put some helmets on them, FFS.

So many people killed per year in those things... looks great but not for me...

Everybody I've known who ever had one wound up with broken bones. That includes my brother, nephews and other friends. I tried riding one but the balance and steering is just so off after being a motorcycle rider. The leaning isn't natural.

They look like mini ATVs to me.  I personally know of two separate cases where a 10 yo and a 20 yo were killed by being trapped under an ATV.  I read that this „toy“ weigh 122 lbs.  Sorry, but that’s a lethal toy.  😱

26 minutes ago, catjones said:

It's not a great interview. In part it's good, regarding subsidies and government spending, but also bad when asked about where the government should invest. Probably the least prepared answer I've heard from Elon, then shit came out.

45 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I've heard him harping on the infrastructure plan for days now.

Elon hates it for a good reason: it contains a union bonus that makes no sense. He is pissed with Biden because Tesla was snubbed by Biden, who preferred to showcase GM the "leader" of electrification, because he wants to grab union votes in swing states. Pathetic.

Maybe so. He also wants to support and grow American business, unions or not. He is POTUS.

The money in the infrastructure plan allotted for building a huge charger network doesn't include Tesla superchargers. Elon is on his own there. It will make other EV's more competitive. 

I just made that up but I've been thinking about it. ;)

2 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

The money in the infrastructure plan allotted for building a huge charger network doesn't include Tesla superchargers. Elon is on his own there. It will make other EV's more competitive. 

It does include the superchargers. Tesla is about to become the largest charge provide on the planet, by a huge margin. They made a factory just to manufacture superchargers.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-supercharger-biden-infrastructure-bill/