Tesla Gigafactories, News and Conversation

2,317 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

That's why some countries forbid large donations and lobbying. Why not start by that? It's simple and very effective.

Which countries have rich people and large corporations that have no influence on their government?

14 minutes ago, catjones said:

Which countries have rich people and large corporations that have no influence on their government?

All of them have, but US system just makes it very easy and 100% legal.

Your argument for perfection is a fallacy. You are saying that it's impossible to block it, so just do nothing.

What I'm saying is that making it partially illegal makes it much harder for the corrupt.

There are many politicians in jail in Portugal for things which are allowed in other countries.

5 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

That's why some countries forbid large donations and lobbying. Why not start by that? It's simple and very effective.

My point exactly.

But according to Catjones donating to both parties itself a form of lobbying is just like getting quotes for work to be done in other words acceptable and normal.

18 hours ago, catjones said:

You do not know who you are talking to anymore than you know what you are talking about...comrade.

Ooh the barbed insult of hinting i´m a communist.

You know who calls people communists?

Right wingers who value money and power above all else.

And please don´t try and deny you´re a Musk fanboy.

MM may be a Tesla fanboy but he doesn´t think the sun shines out of Musks arse.

18 hours ago, catjones said:

see the world as it is instead of crying that it's unfair...to you.

Actually I do alright but the sort of politics you support is unfair to many people especially those less well off.

Most people can´t afford to lobby for their basic rights but rich people can afford to lobby for nothing more than yet more money.

12 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

making it partially illegal makes it much harder for the corrupt.

like germany?  probably one of the most corrupt counties in the world.

12 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

Your argument for perfection is a fallacy.

who's arguing for perfection?  on the contrary, private vs government influence is simply a reality.  some countries try to regulate lobbying/bribery/kickbacks, but in the end this is how governments work and it's symbiotic.  gov relies on private enterprise for expertise and private enterprise relies on gov for all sorts of needs.

11 hours ago, Keleth said:

Your clichés are right out of the manifesto tossed in the dustbin decades again.

11 hours ago, Keleth said:

Most people can´t afford to lobby for their basic rights

there are huge NGOs and global and local charities that spend billions doing just that, no to mention state governments who use their influence as well as WHO, United Nations et.al.  The list goes on and on but the bulk of these are ultimately funded by 

12 hours ago, Keleth said:

who pay the lion's share of taxes...certainly not you.  ECON 101.

11 hours ago, catjones said:

like germany?  probably one of the most corrupt counties in the world.

Oh you´re one of those who thinks that everything revolves around the USA and if anyone says anything then it must be about the USA.

Where did I say Germany,France,Lichtenstein or wherever was free of corruption..

I do believe I mentioned rich people and politicians which whether you believe it or not do exist outside of the US.

some countries try to regulate lobbying/bribery/kickbacks, but in the end this is how governments work and it's symbiotic. 

So because it happens regularly that makes it right?

who pay the lion's share of taxes...certainly not you.  ECON 101.

Ah ok so rich people should be benefited more than poor people?

On 9/8/2021, 3:31:00, Janx Spirit said:

Tesla production process in Shanghai 

Nice to see China is moving away from this sort of thing... :)

A few videos of the latest FSD beta. Not perfect, but quite impressive, although a bit scary, especially on the beginning of both videos.

I like the videos of this guy because he only interveens on the last minute. Otherwise you can't tell if the car would have done it properly.

These are crowded city streets, quite impressive.

Most important, the pace of development is impressive. If version 9 looked like a kid having his first few driving lessons, this look like a person with only a few months of experience. This is not going to take 10 years. Nor 5. Maximum 1 year till it's better than a human.

This video is also amazing. I am pasting it a few seconds before it does a very aggressive, but absolutely correct right turn. The driver got a bit scared, but the car did it like a pro.

But do see the whole thing, a lot of corner cases where it performed very, very well.

Also what I see emerging is that the car won't drive exactly like a human. It will have much better situation awareness and much faster processing cycle, meaning it will behave differently, and more aggressive than a normal driver.

This video doesn't go so well, but the poster clearly chose very hard situations.

Although he had to disengage often, his conclusions is that it is a huge step forward.

Call Tesla service, they have it there. Or even better, drive there and talk with the guys. I bought a complete kit with Felgen. In my case it's a 5 minute drive, and on the way home, that's why I prefer to drive there.

"Tesla Donated A Solar Roof Worth At Least $150,000 To Buffalo Heritage Carousel In 2020"

In August 2020, The Buffalo News reported that Tesla donated a solar roof to the Buffalo Heritage Carousel at Canalside, which was scheduled to open in the spring of 2021.

The article noted that the black tiles were made at Tesla’s factory in South Buffalo and that each would be stamped “Assembled in Buffalo, NY, USA.” Today, Tesla shared a stunning video of the carousel on Twitter with the caption, “Solar Roof powers Buffalo Heritage Carousel in NY.”

https://cleantechnica.com/2021/09/21/tesla-donated-a-solar-roof-worth-at-least-150k-to-buffalo-heritage-carousel-in-2020-see-it-now/

Looks like Ford is stepping up to the plate -

Ford just announced it’s going to dump boatloads of money into Tennessee and Kentucky to create a couple of mega sites for electric vehicle production. In clearer terms, Ford and SK Innovation are investing $11.4 billion in a couple of massive projects in these states, all with EV production in mind...

more here

2024-2027 is the critical time. Some manufacturers will go bust or will need to merge. Whoever survives until 2027 will probably be very profitable.

This Ford factory, scheduled to 2025, seems late, and not big enough. 86GWh is only enough for less than 10% of their current anual production.